Need some minecraft tips.

Well, recently I found a blaze spawner in my survival mode and I want to farm it for exp and the items. I found a good video that'll help me do just that. However, it uses sticky pistons. I have Tons of the other materials I need, But I don't have any slimeballs. They come from only one mob. How in the world do I find the mobs that drop them? I mean I can dig randomly until I find them, but theres got to be an easier way.

P.S. I just got minecraft so I don't know how to mod it. I tried to mod once but completely failed. So if there is a mod to help I wont know how to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Well, recently I found a blaze spawner in my survival mode and I want to farm it for exp and the items. I found a good video that'll help me do just that. However, it uses sticky pistons. I have Tons of the other materials I need, But I don't have any slimeballs. They come from only one mob. How in the world do I find the mobs that drop them? I mean I can dig randomly until I find them, but theres got to be an easier way.

P.S. I just got minecraft so I don't know how to mod it. I tried to mod once but completely failed. So if there is a mod to help I wont know how to install it.
    Slime also spawn in swamps at night now. Find yourself a swamp biome and maybe make some type of an archer's nest so you can hunt in relative safety.

Might want to go to the minecraft forum too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneth View Post
    Slime also spawn in swamps at night now. Find yourself a swamp biome and maybe make some type of an archer's nest so you can hunt in relative safety.
    You could do that, or transform a swamp biome into a killing machine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneth View Post
    This has worked for me

Also, Ive been able to mine out a huge underground cave that covers multiple chunks, and then had some slimes spawn in that - but that method is boring and takes ages.

Deleted
    I think I saw some slime chunk finders online, somewhere. Slimes only spawn in specific chunks underground, predifined based on the seed, I think. Refer to Google, I think there's something out there. Also, I think VoxelMap and Rei's (if you have those installed) can show slime chunks.

Deleted
    browse the internet

Build a huge lit up room underground @ bedrock, they will eventually spawn.

I would usually look for them underground, as I like to mine at the same time, not a huge fan of being outside at night - too frustrating especially if I'm not near spawn :O