Thread: 5.2 Transition

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.2 Transition

So with the PTR changes pretty much set and the death of the arcane spec as we currently know it how would you guys recommend we transition from a arcane mastery into a viable spec in 5.2? Many mages I know are specced mastery arcane and dont have a second set of gear to fall back on (Damn you enchanting!)

um.....death of arcane?? you do realise its still ptr and alot of tuning needed to be done so dont go jump on a qq band wagon yet,......
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Second set? What about reforging?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
    Second set? What about reforging?
    You can't go fire (lots of critt) if you only got mastery/haste gear or w/e. reforges won't give you enough critt.

Deleted
    Guess frost would be a proper option? Shouldn't take too long to get up to speed with it, both gear as skillwise.

Well I at least can get around 8600 crit rating atm from my arcane gear, with just 1 item change, so its not that bad, but still am currently looking to ask my guild if I can change my loot prio to crit gear as we still got 2 full clears in EU..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keejos View Post
    Guess frost would be a proper option? Shouldn't take too long to get up to speed with it, both gear as skillwise.
    Unfortunately, frost is no proper option. The nerfs are still bigger than the "buffs" and frost is already a weak spec in 5.1 : /

Guess I will have to just make do with fire...

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Unfortunately, frost is no proper option. The nerfs are still bigger than the "buffs" and frost is already a weak spec in 5.1 : /
    What nerfs ? There's absolutely no nerf to frost .
    If you're talking about the pvp ones , well , why do you care ?

And imo , buffing frostbolt damage by 50% is quite a good buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breakee View Post
    What nerfs ? There's absolutely no nerf to frost .
    If you're talking about the pvp ones , well , why do you care ?

And imo , buffing frostbolt damage by 50% is quite a good buff.
    Freeze no longer brings FoF on bosses which is a decent nerf. So the buff for Frostbolt is to offset that. I dont say its enough or to much.

Deleted
    Invocation nerf from 125% to 115% (by rule of thump 8 - 9% loss) and the lost FoF proccs from Pet Freeze hitting very hard. There is no 52% Frostbolt buff. There were 2 buffs to Frostbolt as i can remember:

24% damage dealt and 23% SP scaling buff, and 2 nerfs: 15% from Frostbolt debuff and another 10% from Invocation.
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2013-02-20 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    Invocation nerf from 125% to 115% (by rule of thump 8 - 9% loss) and the lost FoF proccs from Pet Freeze hitting very hard. There is no 52% Frostbolt buff. There were 2 buffs to Frostbolt as i can rember:

24% damage dealt and 23% SP scaling buff, and 2 nerfs: 15% from Frostbolt debuff and another 10% from Invocation.
    I don't know if its a tooltip change or w/e, but there is :

Frost

• Frostbolt now deals 52% more damage, but its debuff no longer increases subsequent Frostbolt damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Freeze no longer brings FoF on bosses which is a decent nerf. So the buff for Frostbolt is to offset that. I dont say its enough or to much.
    Oh yeah , forgot that.

That's totally stupid imo , i hope this will not go live

I wont change anything... Ofc I'll have to make some fixes in talents and glyphs but I'll keep playin' as a masetery Arcane.
    Why?
    Blizzard will not choose my spec. I always played as a arcane, I love that spec, and I wont change just because it's nerfed, it'll be buffed again soon cuz' blizzard is playin with us... Ooh, each patch, u change your way to play as a arcane and I like it.. Its like a challenge and Im in! On last patch of Cata I was doing more dps than a massive lot of fires, why cant I be decent on 5.2?
    (sorry about my bad English, Im learning it)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    I don't know if its a tooltip change or w/e, but there is :
    Just did my math:

Without level 90 buff it´s 32.9% buff and with level 90 buff it´s 22.24% buff to frostbolt.

Just did my math:

Without level 90 buff it´s 32.9% buff and with level 90 buff it´s 22.24% buff to frostbolt.
    and as we all know frost casts only frostbolt

Deleted
    Nah on live Frostbolt is about ~20% of your overall damage (Thats why the 125% x 40s/45s formula is complete nonsense).

The "natural" procrate of FoF was buffed to compensate for the loss of Freeze on bosses. Will still be a nerf on multi target encounters, but for single target it should be approx the same.

Frostbolt was buffed to compensate for not gaining damage from the debuff, though it was buffed more than that which should mean an overall DPS buff.

With that said, I'm not sure still if it measures up with the other specs, haven't done any calculations yet.

Deleted
    "Natural" procrate is lower (approx 1,5 ppm), then we have 8 - 9% loss from invocation nerf and we lost 2 very important sources for mobile dps with scorch and freeze. Just imagine vizier zor'lok´s attenuation; you now only can spam Arcane Explosion and Fire Blast on CD.

Deleted
    lol.. relax with the scorch nerf... you have had scorch for a single content patch. just place yourself between the attenuations, and you might get a frostbolt off.