Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Power Word: Solace - eh?

From the new 5.2 patch notes....

For Holy and Discipline, Power Word: Solace replaces Holy Fire. It deals the same damage, and interacts with other spells and abilities in the same manner but does not trigger Atonement, is instant, costs no mana, and restores 1% of maximum mana on each cast. Damage dealt by Power Word: Solace will heal a nearby friendly player within 40 yards of the target for 100% of the damage dealt (50% when healing the Priest).
    So it deals the same amount of damage doesn't trigger the atonement heal, but now delivers the same heal anyway.....

Isn't that changing something to work exactly the same as it did before? Or am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it doesnt trigger the stack of the atonement effect. So I believe it will atonement heal but will not stack your atonement buff (same as penenance damage atonement healing works).
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Deleted
    Atonement can proc Divine Aegis. I don't think Power Word: Solace will be able to. Also, what Vashi said

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They worded it that way to demonstrate that it will do healing based on the damage for holy in addition to discipline, which is not the case for atonement.

it baseline does it now, meaning it'll atone heal for holy as well as disc, just wont double atone heal for disc
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I still doubt many holypriests will take it, since it's down to a choice between having to hit a button all the time to manage mana, or hit a button every minute to manage mana. But we'll find out after the release, won't we?

I love wowpopular.com for their statistics
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    It will again not force me to get it over mindbender. Aka what you said Danner.

Deleted
    Dat moment when holy is so underused that all patch notes are considered for disc only....... lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    Dat moment when holy is so underused that all patch notes are considered for disc only....... lol
    Dont be absurd. Changes on a class by each patch doesnt have anything to do with how many that play it. Could be that they are content with holy at the moment. Also blizzard seems to focus on few speccs at a time and just make few changes as needed on the others. Could be that they are planning changes for holy but are focusing more on other classes atm.

Besides the changes to disc actually doesnt seem to be that severe if you compare it to mistweavers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Findulidas View Post
    Dont be absurd. Changes on a class by each patch doesnt have anything to do with how many that play it. Could be that they are content with holy at the moment. Also blizzard seems to focus on few speccs at a time and just make few changes as needed on the others. Could be that they are planning changes for holy but are focusing more on other classes atm.

Besides the changes to disc actually doesnt seem to be that severe if you compare it to mistweavers.
    Dont be absurd. Of course they always hear majority of players which are whinning that something is "overpowered" in both PVE or PVP environment. We all seen that in past, we all will see it in future. Holy is so far in the line with other healing classes, no one is just playing that spec so why they should touch it?

The chakra changes will come in the next expansion (according to rumors). I wouldn't expect many Holy changes, apart from the random nerf, until then.

With any luck, the new expansion will be out in 15-18 months or so. That is assuming 5.3 will be out a few months before christmas and 6.0 happening around summer/autum 2014. We've had longer waits, haven't we?
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    I believe Stiglet did NOT say that all patch notes ARE for Disc. What (s)he implied was that we, as consumers of information, immediately assume or view the patch notes first from the point of a Disc priest rather than that of Holy.

I would agree and it speaks volumes to which spec for Priests has dominated this tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by simland View Post
    I believe Stiglet did NOT say that all patch notes ARE for Disc. What (s)he implied was that we, as consumers of information, immediately assume or view the patch notes first from the point of a Disc priest rather than that of Holy.

I would agree and it speaks volumes to which spec for Priests has dominated this tier.
    Yep, pretty much. Apologies for confusion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by simland View Post

One could argue that the large majority of the patch notes being about disc also could cause these assumptions^^.

I almost feel like the new solace is worse then th old one...

Disc most likley won't want to get rid of mind bender just to replace a spell they already pretty much have.

If they wanted to make it useful..

Solace: does damage over 10 seconds restoring .5% mana every two seconds. 20 second cooldown instant cast.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 05:40 PM ----------

And I know for a fact no holy priest in their right mind would take it.. Even if it does heal >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    The chakra changes will come in the next expansion (according to rumors). I wouldn't expect many Holy changes, apart from the random nerf, until then.

With any luck, the new expansion will be out in 15-18 months or so. That is assuming 5.3 will be out a few months before christmas and 6.0 happening around summer/autum 2014. We've had longer waits, haven't we?
    5.3, officially being stated as a smaller content patch (no raid) will most likely be out 2-3 months after 5.2 (which is coming in 2 weeks, or 1st week of march, so 5.3 is coming out around May/June. 5.4, the next patch most likely to contain a raid, will probably come out Oct/November.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Good to know. Thanks!

Brightmist did the math and said that it would take 5 Solace per minute (with Shadowfiend) to be better than Mindbender... 4 to be equal. That leaves just about no room for error or spending a GCD on anything else in order to maintain the current mana regen levels of Mindbender.

Sure, it heals. But if we're forcing ourselves to use it ON COOLDOWN (the margin of GCD usage from other spells will require us to use it every time it is up) then we're potentially even looking at an HPS loss. Holy Fire/Solace doesn't really do that much damage, meaning it's going to be doing 35k reg, 70k crits... maybe more if it stacks Evangelism, but still minor. That's about the same as Heal. If we're forced to cast it on cooldown then we will potentially be using Solace instead of Cascade, Circle of Healing, Prayer of Healing, etc.

It just doesn't make any sort of logical sense to me to take Solace as Holy in general.

However.. a fight where there is a damage buff on the boss, it may be good to take. Which I'm okay with... situational talents... that's what this system is supposed to be.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Brightmist did the math and said that it would take 5 Solace per minute (with Shadowfiend) to be better than Mindbender... 4 to be equal. That leaves just about no room for error or spending a GCD on anything else in order to maintain the current mana regen levels of Mindbender.
    Did they increase its cooldown? At 10 seconds it's very easy to fit in 5 a minute, and a joke to fit in 4. It should not be difficult to get 5.5-6, even after compensating for having to delay solace casts in favour of cascade/halo/star/whatever.

Sounds to me like it'll be worse in some situation, like where you simply cannot sacrifice that GCD for such a low heal (which sounds rare to me, but then we are entering into 15-20k spirit territories so they may design encounters like this), but I guess that's what the ability to reset individual talents for each fight is for. If you only need to get in 4 a minute to equal mindbender, and it can go as high as 6, then it seems like the clearly superior choice to me.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    5 per minute is every 12s, an average 2s delay from cooldown. When you consider during burst periods that its hps is extremely low compared to multitarget heals it can get pretty easy to waste most of the total 10s gap per minute in a single shot unless the timings just line up perfectly. On a fight like Garalon sure it can be easy to get better than 5 per minute when you dedicate to casting it as close to cd as possible. The thing to consider is that even if you are the best player in the history of wow and cast this exactly on cd for an entire encounter with no negative effects to your job as a healer, you have gained enough mana to cast an additional poh every couple minutes. It is simply a less flexible approach, especially for holy. On the flip side a 15s average interval does not lose you much over the course of an encounter either so it is really just a personal choice.
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2013-02-21 at 10:06 AM.