Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Oondasta and the new "faction tag" feature

Is Oondasta going to use the new "faction tag" feature like the other world boss, Nalak? I mean, will you be able to recieve loot if you tag him whilst a raid group that you're not part of is killing the boss, just like you will be able to do with the other raid bosses?

Yeah check the front page or here http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Notes-Updated towards the bottom of the blue texts at the Creatures section.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will likely backfire, or at least, not be as "easy" as it first seems, considering that people will try to bomb into the group to score a hit, become a beacon for Spiritfire beam and, not knowing what to do, end up blowing up half the raid group dedicated to killing him.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    That is messed up. I can name so many reasons as to why this is bad.

1. People will run in, tag the boss and then die, hoping that the real raid wont wipe so that they can get some loot.
    2. Since this boss is supposed to be so difficult, I wouldn't be suprised if the item level of the drops are the same as heroic level loot, making anyone able to recieve heroic loot by doing what I just said in #1.
    3. Guilds on servers with high populations will have serious difficulties in killing this boss since so many others will tag the boss, get hit by the "chain lightning" and wipe the raid.

etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqacia View Post

1. People will run in, tag the boss and then die, hoping that the real raid wont wipe so that they can get some loot.
    Better than them wiping the raid. And tag sharing exists now anyway; it's just unnecessarily time consuming and fickle.

2. Since this boss is supposed to be so difficult, I wouldn't be suprised if the item level of the drops are the same as heroic level loot, making anyone able to recieve heroic loot by doing what I just said in #1.
    I doubt that.
    3. Guilds on servers with high populations will have serious difficulties in killing this boss since so many others will tag the boss, get hit by the "chain lightning" and wipe the raid.
    gotta deal with it
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It's supposed to be random and chaotic. If Blizzard didn't want the random element, they'd have placed the boss in an instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    It's supposed to be random and chaotic. If Blizzard didn't want the random element, they'd have placed the boss in an instance.
    This is exactly right, one of the main reasons it will be so tuff is random people jumping in and messing up your coordination while adding say some dps or heals.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Maybe it will lead to a new server community? if everyone has to work togethor.

10+ Year Old Account
    from what i saw its tuned for more than 1 raid grp anyways or ppl testin it on ptr are incredibad - which i doubt is the case

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of my guildies who was on the ptr told me that they had a go at one of the new world bosses and that at the time of the attempt it they had 70 or so people there to down him down him and that they were all needed as it seems he is a very tough cookie. Whether this will be the case or not I don't know as getting the info second hand so probably wrong.. But if it is like this when it goes live they might be tougher than the current world bosses.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 02:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    from what i saw its tuned for more than 1 raid grp anyways or ppl testin it on ptr are incredibad - which i doubt is the case
    Yeah seems to be the case but with what the boss can do in terms of damage would not be surprised.

I was under the impression that all MoP world bosses will be like this come 5.2. Curious if it will work with CRZ or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqacia View Post

etc etc.
    because such guilds are idiots and greedy that they rather kill the boss for themselves instead of sharing a tag with other people. i can say that this alone destroys your point on this change being "bad"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I was under the impression that all MoP world bosses will be like this come 5.2. Curious if it will work with CRZ or not.
    There is no CRZ in Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    There is no CRZ in Pandaria
    There is, but you need to invite people from Real ID or BattleTag in order to pull them over to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    yes you can crz them like you can do with the live worldbosses.

So we know people won't be able to walk up and tag the boss at like 5% and get loot:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...68584442896384

What if you attack it at like 99% then hang out behind a rock or something till it dies

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    So we know people won't be able to walk up and tag the boss at like 5% and get loot:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...68584442896384

What if you attack it at like 99% then hang out behind a rock or something till it dies
    That doesn't say that at all. It sounds like people will be mad at your not that you wont get loot.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    There is, but you need to invite people from Real ID or BattleTag in order to pull them over to you.
    That's not CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's not CRZ.
    I'm pretty sure that yanking friends from another server onto mine is classifed as Cross-Realm Zoning. It's just not automatic like in old-world zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    This will likely backfire, or at least, not be as "easy" as it first seems, considering that people will try to bomb into the group to score a hit, become a beacon for Spiritfire beam and, not knowing what to do, end up blowing up half the raid group dedicated to killing him.
    also getting heals when not in a raid group is going to be tricky.

I like the feature, but it would be nice if it was combined with an autojoin feature for world events like in Rift. If you got near a boss which your faction has tagged you could get a box pop up asking you to join a public raid group for instance.