Poll: Would you like to see a sequel made for the Simpsons movie

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Movie] The Simpsons Movie 2: Yes or No?

I'm still hoping for The Simpsons movie sequel but theres currently no plans. It would be great to have all the original actors [still alive], and its so comforting to know they are still together and working together after 24 years. The first film was a box office success but as to whether it was satisfying and met its expectation is the debate. Does it deserve a sequel or does it need a sequel? Or is it done with until a complete revamp?

The first movie was decent but it wasn't anything spectacular tbh. I haven't watched the Simpsons in years now because over time I have gradually drifted away from it. Who knows though, maybe another movie would be worth a watch

10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst the newer episodes may not be as good as the old ones, I still enjoy it and i would like another Simpsons movie!

Hasn't it passed its prime already, back in the day it was the best I thought, as much as I would enjoy watching a sequel. I don't think it will be as popular as before

Deleted
    I enjoyed the first. Haven't watched the Simpsons for quite some time now but I'd definitely watch a 2nd Simpsons movie.

Deleted
    Only if it ended it

Deleted
    Loved the first movie, I stopped watching the series ages ago, never really found it funny just entertaining. But the movie was great

10+ Year Old Account
    in the past, when a tv show made a movie, it was right around the time I got bored of watching the show, like Beavis & Butthead or the first X-Files movie to name a couple

but the Simpsons Movie actually came out 4-5 years after I got bored of watching the show, so, I'd have to vote no on a second movie

I guess I haven't watched much South Park since the movie either

Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    Hasn't it passed its prime already, back in the day it was the best I thought, as much as I would enjoy watching a sequel. I don't think it will be as popular as before
    tv show i would say yes, feature film no. Look at Jackass, arrested developement, etc

Hell yeah, the first Simpsons movie was pretty good. Ironically, I was just thinking few days ago about a plot for a 2nd Simpsons movie. Most complains were pretty much the same, that some of their favorite characters didn't get any screentime. Like Sideshow Bob and Principal Skinner.

Its hard to believe that the first Simpson movie is already 6 year old. Feels like last week I went to that movie with some friends.

Spiderpig... Spiderpig... does whatever a Spiderpig does. Can he swing, draw a web? No he can't, cuz he's a pig. LOOK OUT.... HERE COMES THE SPIDERPIG!

Deleted
    I grew up with the very first seasons of The Simpsons and I loved the movie. Would definitely watch a second one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh the movie was okay but nothing too special to warrant a sequel. I'm fine with them sticking to episodes and seasons on Television.

Deleted
    I don't see a reason why anyone would vote against it... Unless you generally don't like and thus don't watch The Simpsons, then I get it. But then again you probably shouldn't have been asked this quiestion.

Simpsons have no evolving story line so a movie doesn't in any way affect the TV show. And I think we can all agree that the movie was way better than the average Simpsons episode. So why not? I'd like another Simpsons movie.

Deleted
    The first movie was ok. But nothing special, I would probably see a second one aswell but I would not scream of excitement.

For sure Spider Pig, Spider Pig does whatever a spider pig does...

The series are abit stall imo but the movie was hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    in the past, when a tv show made a movie, it was right around the time I got bored of watching the show, like Beavis & Butthead or the first X-Files movie to name a couple

but the Simpsons Movie actually came out 4-5 years after I got bored of watching the show, so, I'd have to vote no on a second movie

I guess I haven't watched much South Park since the movie either
    thats unfortunate if you enjoyed south park. some of the best episodes have come out since the movie. they weren't even that far along in the series when the movie came out in 99

Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    I enjoyed the first. Haven't watched the Simpsons for quite some time now but I'd definitely watch a 2nd Simpsons movie.
    I'd have to agree with this. I never really watched The Simpsons except for when I was little and my grandparents were watching it when I was over there. Did see the movie and while I enjoyed it for what it was, it didn't spark my interest in watching the TV Series. Which is what I imagined they were hoping that it'd help boost TV views / future DVD/BluRay sales. With that said if a second one came out I'd be glad to watch it.

Why would someone not want a new movie? The Simpsons still have potential to make some great movies. I would also like to see ''movie'' episodes in the show itself, like South Park did with Imaginationland, and most Futurama movies.

I'd like to see the ''Camp Krusty'' episode to turn into a movie, like it was originally planned. And maybe have Frank Scorpio as the villain, love that guy. Pity he's only in 1 episode

15+ Year Old Account
    The show has run its course. It doesnt need any more movies.

Deleted
    First one was shit.