Poll: Would you like to see a sequel made for the Simpsons movie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering in what state the show is now, I hope they don't make a 2nd movie.

There's only ONE writer who was involved in writing the screenplay for the Movie that still writes episodes. So if they tried to do a second movie now, it would be fucking terrible just like the show is these days. However if Groening and most of the writers involved with the First movie came back, it would be decent, definitely not great but decent. Honestly the movie was maybe slightly better then your average good Simpsons Episode, hence why it's not really considered memorable and why people aren't running around the internet constantly begging for another one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the first movie. I stopped watching the newer episodes after the Lady Gaga episode. But I'm worried how they are going with the show lately. Maybe a second movie would be a bad idea.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Concidering how appalling the tv-show has become durring the last seasons, ok probably the last 10-15 seasons. I'm having a hard time recalling which was the last GOOD episode, it has been that long. They should just let the show die, it has gone on for way to long and ran out of steam about a decade ago. I wouldn't have high hopes for a second movie. But it's a cashcow so I'm sure they'll make one nomatter what I belive. Perhaps a goodbye movie, go out with a bang ... or bank.

If it is so crap why do I still watch it? I just dont have anything better to do while waiting for American Dad ...

On the upside Futurama is still great, they (Groening and Cohen ... ok almost entirely Cohen) should make many more episodes of that instead.
    Last edited by looorg; 2013-02-23 at 05:22 PM.

I'd like to see a second Simpsons GAME aswell. The first one was pretty fun to play, it was pure comedy.

Deleted
    I found the first movie to be rather poor, and lacking in any charm. I have no real interest in a second.

Deleted
    From what modern The Simpsons have shown me, no thanks. Watching some of the best episodes of the 90s simpsons to now is such a huge contrast. The movie was ok but it wasn't witty or clever, just felt like a slapstick cartoon akin to Looney Tunes or Tom and Jerry. Even though LT and T&J are amazing, The Simpsons is just in my eyes not a slapstick. The comedy should mostly be in the dialog and character interaction.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 11:16 PM ----------

I'd like to see the ''Camp Krusty'' episode to turn into a movie, like it was originally planned. And maybe have Frank Scorpio as the villain, love that guy. Pity he's only in 1 episode
    Holy shit, Hank Scorpio = Greatest villain of all time!

Amazes me he hasn't shown up since.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Simpson is Simpson. A sequel would, no matter what, be a box-office success. I do personally hope for a sequel, seeing that I liked the first one, somewhat at least. It surely was better than a lot of the stuff coming out recently.

Hopefully not. The movie wasn't unwatchable, but it wasn't good, and show has been rapidly going downhill for years.

I'd want one only if John Swartzwelder was the main writer for it with some of the other original writers pitching in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post

"You Only Move Twice" is my favorite episode of the show, I would hate to see them dip into that well again now that they've fallen so far

Well the first 10 season were actually really good then it started to force its jokes and even the jokes degraded into raping grannies ... but hell people still watch then milk it for all its worth.

According to a recent interview, we won't be see'ing a Simpsons Movie 2 for some time:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...follow-427125#

The first movie tired them out, and it pulls the main cast from the series into the movie project too much.

Still hoping we'll eventually get a sequel, I really loved the first movie. I've seen their ''Longest Daycare'' short in the cinema, and the quality was outstanding. And like I said before, I want Hank Scorpio back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post

Outside of the series, I've only seen him once in the comics. I'm suprised that such an amazing character hasn't been in more episodes trough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    According to a recent interview, we won't be see'ing a Simpsons Movie 2 for some time:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...follow-427125#

The first movie tired them out, and it pulls the main cast from the series into the movie project too much.

Still hoping we'll eventually get a sequel, I really loved the first movie. I've seen their ''Longest Daycare'' short in the cinema, and the quality was outstanding. And like I said before, I want Hank Scorpio back!!

Outside of the series, I've only seen him once in the comics. I'm suprised that such an amazing character hasn't been in more episodes trough.
    Rumor has it that Hank Scorpio was originally considered to be the main villain of the Simpsons movie before they decided on Russ Cargill. Both characters are voiced by Albert Brooks. Most likely, this had to do with the friendship between Scorpio and Homer.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Hell yeah, the first Simpsons movie was pretty good. Ironically, I was just thinking few days ago about a plot for a 2nd Simpsons movie. Most complains were pretty much the same, that some of their favorite characters didn't get any screentime. Like Sideshow Bob and Principal Skinner.

Its hard to believe that the first Simpson movie is already 6 year old. Feels like last week I went to that movie with some friends.

Spiderpig... Spiderpig... does whatever a Spiderpig does. Can he swing, draw a web? No he can't, cuz he's a pig. LOOK OUT.... HERE COMES THE SPIDERPIG!
    Also, apparently Sideshow Bob did make some appearances in the movie, in fact Kelsey Grammar even recorded his lines, but they were cut from the final version (Whipp, Glenn (2007-07-28). "The Simpsons: a to Z". The Hamilton Spectator).
    Last edited by Mukki; 2013-03-10 at 03:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    I don't see a reason why anyone would vote against it... Unless you generally don't like and thus don't watch The Simpsons, then I get it. But then again you probably shouldn't have been asked this quiestion.

Simpsons have no evolving story line so a movie doesn't in any way affect the TV show. And I think we can all agree that the movie was way better than the average Simpsons episode. So why not? I'd like another Simpsons movie.
    Exactly, there no such things as a sequel really for the simpsons, which means they could make as many movies as they want. (unless I don't understand the world sequel)

On topic, a movie, why not ?
    They should just do a simpson version of "la cité de la peur", (it's a french movie, by "Les nuls")

The faster they end the disaster it has become the better, might as well end it with another movie.

First one was no very good at all imo. So I don't see any reason for them to make a second one, even though it would sell well.

50/50 poll results right now @.@

This just in
    http://www.vulture.com/2013/03/new-s....html?mid=imdb
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2013-03-11 at 04:07 AM.

Deleted
    Hope not, although the last movie was the best thing they have produced since season 10/12

I used to love the show when it originally came out, was a huge fan, back in 1999 and 2000, the quality took a massive dip and it became more about Homer just doing stupid things, as opposed to the witty humor which made the show so great. To be honest I'm amazed that it's still around, I realize they get a ton of money, and I see new episodes from time to time, but a show like that, they don't need the cash anymore and the product isn't what it used to be.