Deleted

Boomkining @ Sha of Fear heroic (10)

Currently working with my guild on sha of fear heroic, trying to prepare as best I can (raidleader and MT myself) we are making some decent Phase 2 progress but it's pretty clear we need to squize every bit of performance out of our DPS in order to not hit the "soft enrage" of way to many fucking adds.

Now we have a boomkin, which is our Third ball throwing person (besides our two healers) which i feel might be able to squize out a little bit more since as i understood due to the multi dot nature of the fight they should be doing really well.

Logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...=10103&e=10964

Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%ADn/advanced

Raidcomp:
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

The last link beeing our longest attempt (way to little DPS on Sha though, about 10% behind when we had the 10th submerge).

I was wondering if some people here would have some advice for my fluffy friend.

I'll post a link on our board towards this thread so the pigeon in question can read/reply himself.
    Last edited by mmocf1c430c691; 2013-02-20 at 10:15 AM.

Looking at the longest attempt, is it a problem with the logs or something? Why did he spend so much time out of moonkin form?

I think the problem is not using shooting stars procs enough, looking at my attempts at a similar stage of the fight, I have about 5% more of my damage coming from starsurge. He's also using a lot of mushrooms which is probably not wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    Looking at the longest attempt, is it a problem with the logs or something? Why did he spend so much time out of moonkin form?

I think the problem is not using shooting stars procs enough, looking at my attempts at a similar stage of the fight, I have about 5% more of my damage coming from starsurge. He's also using a lot of mushrooms which is probably not wise.
    I doubt htere is anything wrong with the logs, but i'm the guy logging and i'm not always ported with the same DPS and what not so maybe you're looking at some Phase 1 crap? I'm not sure but i wouldn't know why any boomkin would leave it's owl form.

That said, if it towards the end sometimes i'd ask him to heal instead of DPS in order to keep a try going after one of my two healers has died.

What would be wiser to do than instead of using shroomz?

He is sitting in eclipses far too long. Comparing my own kill and your longest attempt (both roughly 10 minutes in phase 2), I've had twice as many starfalls. My Nature's Grace uptime was 70%, his 30%. I figure he has trying to be multidotting and just sitting in an eclipse to help him but his dot uptime is very low as well, only 80%.

Tell him that mushrooms suck, the are only worth for preplanting. Also tell him to use Starsurge more. He wasted more than half of his Shooting Stars procs because he was too busy dotting. All of the Starsurges should be shooted at the boss, just keeping dots on the adds.

Starfall should be always saved to a point where there are at least two targets for it to hit. Even if it means to use it out of eclipse.
    PS. The moonkin form is bugging for some reason. I'm certain that I was in the form for the entire duration but still it registers that the uptime was 82% (My moonkin aura's uptime on the other hand was 95%.)

Deleted
    Well i'll redirect him here, do you have any links to the logs you're refering to? It's always nice to backup statements with cold hard factual data!

Here is our last kill: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/8uyel...?s=7053&e=7862

Even when it says it's only a try, it's really a kill.

Deleted
    I think you friend should really just read some moonkin guides because he is making alot of mistakes all over the board. Plus he just needs some more gear imo he has problems making the hit and haste caps it seems, 4 set would be nice prolly. If you are worried about add dps though Id have your warlock go demo, demo destroys adds.

Deleted
    He pointed out (rightfully) he was assisting healing at various points to prolong the attempt in other to get more practise in (which i might have actually asked him, i do that sometimes when i feel we need more practise @ mechanics).

This is our best attempt from last night; http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...?s=8775&e=9461 where we had Sha on the same % as the logs i linked before, only we had 2+ submerges less which made me a happy camper

Felt I needed to post the explanation and the new logs since I made the poor guy look like a scrub with the other one ^^

Deleted
    Don't ever tell your boomkin to help out on healing exept for a welltimed nature's swiftness + healing touch or tranquility. It blows his dps to smithereens due to nature's grace falling off.

Quote Originally Posted by marrion View Post
    Don't ever tell your boomkin to help out on healing exept for a welltimed nature's swiftness + healing touch or tranquility. It blows his dps to smithereens due to nature's grace falling off.
    they're practicing a new fight i don't think dps is a huge concern for them at this point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    they're practicing a new fight i don't think dps is a huge concern for them at this point
    Exactly, it wouldnt have been a kill at that point, extending the attempt means more practise for those involved (even to some extend for the boomkin in question, waterspouts, huddle & kiting adds).

I stand by that call, I should however have realised i made that call before posting those logs for you people to analyse and shed light on. That was completely my bad ^^

Congrats on your kill, seems like your "fluffy friend" got the hang of the fight afterall

Deleted
    Congrats on your kill