Poll: Which race?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Naga or Ethereal?

So, if you had to choose either naga or ethereal for a playable race, which one would it be? I'm going for ethereal, 'cause (unless I'm mistaken) there hasn't been a race with a slim humany/elfy body structure since TBC (female worgen maybe, but I don't really think it's the same). Besides, I really prefer space mummies over slithery serpents (don't get me wrong, I like naga as well, but ethereals take the cake).

What about you people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither. I don't feel that either race belongs in the game as playable races. Naga especially seem to be a horrible idea, since they tend to live near or in water. I can't really see a Naga exploring the deserts or inside volcanoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ethereal have so much more potential than Naga imo.

Ethereal, not really much for Naga as a race, think Ethereals would make more sense. Plus I think Ethereals are kinda cool, moreso than Naga.

Ethereal. Their motives and interest in Azeroth isn't really established, they are a race with a lot of "grey area" to work with and their story is barely written.

Naga's motives are known, they are malicious, Azshara is one of the most dangerous beings on Azeroth, the Highborne they once were are an accumulation of everything bad and aberrant about Elven society concentrated into convenient, easy to despise forms that have now been cursed with reptilian bodies. I'd rather kill naga for an entirely of an expansion, not have them in my party as an Ally. Ethereals on the other hand, seem like they'd be great to fight alongside and play as.

Naga if we get a South Sea expansion.

Ethereal if we get a Burning Legion expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Ethereals would make the perfect second neutral race, considering they already are pretty neutral to begin with. I also can't see a Naga riding any sort of mount that wouldn't look ridiculous. Mage, priest, warrior, warlock, rogue, hunter, monk, are classes that would fit ethereals well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see female ethereals...

or do they just look the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Yeah, Ethereals would make the perfect second neutral race, considering they already are pretty neutral to begin with. I also can't see a Naga riding any sort of mount that wouldn't look ridiculous. Mage, priest, warrior, warlock, rogue, hunter, monk, are classes that would fit ethereals well.
    And a race that needs to be covered in bandages invisible man style just to even be seen wouldn't be silly. lol
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer naga, but Ethereals have more potential imo. The customization could be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Draqson View Post
    I want to see female ethereals...

or do they just look the same?
    They shed their corporeal forms (hence name ethereal), but I'd imagine the females of the race would arrange their ectoplasm and bandages in a manner that created a female humanoid shape.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope neither to be honest. They are both really cool races, but for players I think they are silly. Ethereals are amazing, I love them. But I can't picture them with gear on. I feel pretty much the same for Naga's. They have no legs/feet. Not being able to equip something in the foot slot would take their stats down. I suppose Blizz could invent some sort of sleeve that goes over their tale thing...I don't know lol.

For the looks, Naga. For the voices, Ethereals.

*likes snakes*
    To purr, or not to purr...

10+ Year Old Account
    Of the two? Ethereal but only because I hope to god Naga never gets implemented. Ethereals could be could be cool if well made but currently we know very little about them.

If I could choose any races though, I'd go for Ogres for the Horde and Broken for the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    And a race that needs to be covered in bandages invisible man style just to even be seen wouldn't be silly. lol
    They aren't invisible, their unbound form is that of an arcane wraith.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    why not both?
    Sorry, forgot to add that.

Naga,i actually did want to play as a Naga Male since i started WoW. They just look great,i like them.

Having that said,Ethereals are also a cool race.

Deleted
    Ethereals, by a long stretch. I just can't ever see Naga being a playable race, I think they are a great race, don't get me wrong, interesting lore and everything, but they are a great race to kill lol. Not sure how I would feel about fighting side by side with them.

I have always liked the idea of playing an ethereal on the other hand, they are very cool looking, mysterious and shady race. If not make them playable, I'd like to learn more about their motives in a future expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    my 2 cents for the Ethereals, would be funny to see "empty armors" walking around in raids :P