Deleted

Lost like a fish on a desert, please help me build a new pc ;)

Hello.

First of all sorry for my bad english

I has been looking around for info about components for build me computer until i find somehow your recomended builds.

To be honest I don't know much about specs and hardware in general so it's like chinese for me all of this.

I'm gonna move of of my parents house soon, so in next 5-6 years i will not be able to buy a new computer most likely, so before that i want to buy the best computer as posible at my $ range.

I have no intention to change my PSU (corsair hx620w) my hard disks, and the case in order to save money (they are not that old).
    I'm just fine whit just one GPU build so i guess 620w should be enough, no? I'm not that hard gamer to have 2 grafic cards, now days I have a 8800gtx that that i used for the last 6 years? hehe

Buy a PC it's really a big deal for me, I want something to play whit next 2/3 decade, just doing few minor upgrades.

I actually have 1500€ ready to use, so whit this things on mind, can you guys recommend me something? !

Looking at marest sample build I was thinking on:

-Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
    -GPU: EVGA Superclocked GTX 680
    -RAM:Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB
    -CPU: Intel i7 3770k

I really don't know what Im talking about so, it's just trashtalking.

Thx for your time

Oh btw i don't mind to wait few months now that i have the money ready if you tell me that in X time someone gonna release some new and crazy stuff like gpu or something, just saying.

Intel will be releasing their next line of CPUs (Haswell) at the start of June, except for Titan nothing major will hit the GPU market before the end of this year.

Also anything you buy now will be ancient in 6 years.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    I was going to say this might be one of those rare cases where trying to future-proof a build (socketwise, etc) would be a good idea.

But... if you want it to last two or three decades (thats a new record!) then I'm not sure where to begin. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    I was going to say this might be one of those rare cases where trying to future-proof a build (socketwise, etc) would be a good idea.

But... if you want it to last two or three decades (thats a new record!) then I'm not sure where to begin. At all.
    two thirds of a decade :P
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    two thirds of a decade :P
    Ooh, that makes a lot more sense, lol. I guess it's just a waiting game until you guru's (yes, that includes you n0cturnal ) start whipping up nice 1.5k builds.

@ OP: As n0cturnal states, building something now that will last you 5 or 6 years is near impossible. And when saying 'lasts 5 years' we're assuming you mean play new games on high/ultra settings for 5 years with 60fps. At least, that's how I'm interpreting it.

I keep reading 'fish for dessert'. >.<
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-02-20 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    Ooh, that makes a lot more sense, lol. I guess it's just a waiting game until you guru's (yes, that includes you n0cturnal ) start whipping up nice 1.5k builds.

@ OP: As n0cturnal states, building something now that will last you 5 or 6 years is near impossible. And when saying 'lasts 5 years' we're assuming you mean play on high/ultra settings for 5 years with 60fps. At least, that's how I'm interpreting it.

I keep reading 'fish for dessert'. >.<
    no we need more info before the magic happens xD

Budget
    Resolution
    Games / Settings Desired
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Country
    Parts that can be reused
    Do you need an OS?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

? we still got some blanks mostly for the last bit after that we can make some setup easy.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Begin with server parts and ECC-rated RAM. Those should actually last that long...

But honestly OP, in 5 years, technology will have more than doubled in multiple aspects. You will not be using this build for 20-30 years - and an i7 will not add on years of being good over an i5, unless you go for a real i7 over a fake.

Examples:

Real i7 - i7-3820, 3930K, 3960X, 3970X
    Fake i7 - i7-2600K, 2700K, 3770K.

The fakes are really just i5 CPUs with hyper threading enabled and maybe a MB of extra L3 cache added. Woopdeedoo. Very rarely makes a lick of difference in gaming.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    well obviously I don't expect to play at ultra or max on a 6 years old computer

I mean, let's use like a example the pc that I have now, gtx9800, CPU dual core 3.2 and 4gb ram hiperx or something like that.

Atm I'm playing at far cry 3 whit all on mid whit 35 fps. I'm ok whit it because I know that is a old computer. my eyes don't bleed out for non ultra settings game

I just need new motherboard CPU GPU and ram, I want to use my actual hard disk (random sata chinese crap) and PSU (620w) no need monitor (I have a fullhd one), keyboard and this kind of things. just the pieces that I said before

I want to: 80% play - 20% work whit engendering software (Catia, solid works etc)

max 1300-1500. next gear or so will buy a ssd

thx again

Deleted
    catia/solid works make use of cuda cores?
    also would you be interested in overclocking ? (CPU can get 25% performance gain easy these days with the right aftermarket cooler)

You cut back on the guild and just get something like a 660 Ti and an I5 3570k or something like that, and then just upgrade your computer again in a couple of years. For 1000€ you can build a nice PC. Technology is advancing so quickly that you can't really "future proof" something all that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easier to build two 750 euro machines over 6 years, than build one 1500 euro machine that will last 6 years. If you REALLY want it to work out, I'd go with the mid-upper range of systems and save the money to upgrade later.

Going big when you know you can't upgrade later is usually a poor choice, imo.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    catia/solid works make use of cuda cores?
    also would you be interested in overclocking ? (CPU can get 25% performance gain easy these days with the right aftermarket cooler)
    as far I know, yes they do use cuad.

about overclocking yes I guess , but I don't know how hehe, that remind me that I should buy a CPU cooler to

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joxnoo View Post
    as far I know, yes they do use cuad.

about overclocking yes I guess , but I don't know how hehe, that remind me that I should buy a CPU cooler to
    just to be sure the hdd you want to reuse is SATA right?

something like this what you'd want?
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($80.06 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($127.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($84.59 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card ($468.18 @ Amazon)
    Total: $990.80
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-20 13:50 EST-0500)

should last you quite a while and the moment you'd lack gpu power you can either replace it or go SLI. (assuming your current PSU can handle it)
    ram can also be increased if that would help for the software you use.
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2013-02-20 at 06:52 PM.

Deleted
    yea it's sata

thx for your help this should work out.