Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    So with that said if a Horde race goes neutral, I firmly believe an alliance race will go neutral as well.
    Dark Iron dwarves is the most logical answer. Moreover, if you want, you can earn a new race to offset the loss of exclusivity of the thalassian elves: the Ogres

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    While there IS a chance that the Alliance could get high elves as a race, I think it's a very low chance considering all the people that would complain, saying 'we already have elves, and they're just paler blood elves with different color eyes!" Despite the fact that they really ought to already be a playable race anyway.
    People will complain about anything: it is inevitable...

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Dark Iron dwarves is the most logical answer. Moreover, if you want, you can earn a new race to offset the loss of exclusivity of the thalassian elves: the Ogres

It's an elf lovers wet dream but i just don't see it happening. Helfs are too similar and Ogres would be a new unique race but they would be a resized new faction style carying a unique model. The forums would be ablaze and who says were getting new races anyways?
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

New races or classes have been a continous power horse of every expansion until now, it seems valid to assume they would at least include one of these features in every future expansion. Even though I admit it became a little too much by now, but somehow I don't see them dropping that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    New races or classes have been a continous power horse of every expansion until now, it seems valid to assume they would at least include one of these features in every future expansion.
    Well Wrath didn't have new races, cata and mop had new races and mop had a new class. So far its one or the other or both but anything can change.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Alliance will never have bloodelves, nor playable highelves, deal with it... or reroll Horde
    You don't see Horde asking for worgen

Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    Alliance will never have bloodelves, nor playable highelves, deal with it... or reroll Horde
    You don't see Horde asking for worgen

Well tbh I'm not sure how many of the Alliance want Worgen either.

With that said, its something they could probably do, although not through the character the OP suggested. Its probably too late to do now, but you could essentially do the same thing with High Elves/Blood Elves that they did with Panda's. You all start out as " Elves " and if you choose Alliance you are a High Elf, if you choose Horde you are a Blood Elf.

As much as I would love to have playable High Elves, its not all that probable I don't think.

I could very easily see Elves going neutral. All they have to do is fix up the ruined half of Silvermoon City, refurbish it for the High Elves and make the old Dead Scar area the line of division between them.

Example:

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I could very easily see Elves going neutral. All they have to do is fix up the ruined half of Silvermoon City, refurbish it for the High Elves and make the old Dead Scar area the line of division between them.

Example:
    Yeah....thats a joke right? Why would the Bloodelfs ever let an opposing force be just move into half of their city (even if in ruins) and be that close to their homes and leader?
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post

you mean horde gain dwarf and alliance belf?

/deal
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Yeah....thats a joke right? Why would the Bloodelfs ever let an opposing force be just move into half of their city (even if in ruins) and be that close to their homes and leader?
    That's assuming there aren't Alliance loyalists, or Blood Elves unhappy being in the Horde to begin with. Essentially it work like, unhappy Blood Elves pack their things move next door and invite their High Elf friends to stay. Not a leap in logic.

That's assuming there aren't Alliance loyalists, or Blood Elves unhappy being in the Horde to begin with. Essentially it work like, unhappy Blood Elves pack their things move next door and invite their High Elf friends to stay. Not a leap in logic.
    kind've like the loyalist with england during the war times with revolutionary America, someone may get tar and feather'd.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

And the rest will just accept the high elves settling back in Silvermoon after the Dalaran incident? Most high elves viewed them with disgust, while the blood elves did not really hate the high elves, but after the silver covenant took up arms against them I doubt they would welcome any alliance affiliated high elf within their lands. Except with an arrow to the face perhaps.

Deleted
    For the Blood Elves to split off of the Horde now would make even less sense than before. They are currently being set up along with Vol'jin to be the heart of the rebellion. I just don't see how Blood Elves could become neutral.

Don't you think they would kick them out? Do you really think they'd let Alliance forces INTO their capital? That's like turning stormwinds park into an Orc District...
    Last edited by mmoc1f722ef552; 2013-02-20 at 10:45 PM.

Deleted
    Valeera has been around in the background (lol rogue) for quite a while now. I feel that, if they were intending to use her to bring be the flag-bearer to bring about such a dramatic change, they would have had her more at the forefront of the lore by now, but she is still very much lurking in the shadows of supporting character obscurity.

Plus, I think the events that took place in Dalaran and Silvermoon leadership's reaction were a clear display that the rift between Quel'Thalas and the Alliance races has been opened up again and the distance between them is further and the animosity is greater than it has been in a long time. Since the last time Thalassians got screwed over in Dalaran actually...

15+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell is she? A nobody, just like Lilian Voss and some other characters who can merely swing blades. She has zero political power.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I just had a thought concerning DKs: Why can't Forsaken DKs join the Alliance and why can't Human DKs join the Horde? I get they might not want DKs from races not part of their faction, but Forsaken DKs are identical to Human DKs in that they are both undead humans.
    I assume it's how the memories of the past were obtained. The DKs of Archerus don't seem to be as...distant? (I'm sure there is a better word for what I want to describe) They seem to still be the same as when they were alive basically. So DK humans still have loyality to their king and to SW. While Forsaken DKs are still loyal to their queen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    I assume it's how the memories of the past were obtained. The DKs of Archerus don't seem to be as...distant? (I'm sure there is a better word for what I want to describe) They seem to still be the same as when they were alive basically. So DK humans still have loyality to their king and to SW. While Forsaken DKs are still loyal to their queen.
    Game mechanics. Purely game mechanics. With any common sense, they should've all looked like Forsaken, and find allies only in Forsaken, especially considering their motivation, morality and methods. But giving a class to only one race would be insane.

As much as I love Valeera she not going to make much for a leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    As much as I love Valeera she not going to make much for a leader.
    I think the same. The perfect candidate to lead all High Elves is Alleria Windrunner (Vereesa only is the leader of a small group, not all).

Oh god, Northem is back, and he is using search function.