Frost Mage DPS... Another one im sure :/

So yeah its another question about frost mage DPS. iv read alot but they have not really helped.

So fisrt of all i know im kind of asking "How long is a peice of string" but im really just after a rough number.

EDIT: Cant post any link of stats, Wont allow me. (if any one wants to search my stats its febrilia on Khaz'Goroth)

So first question, At level 90 with a 470 gear what DPS would you expect a frost mage to be pulling?

Im curious because things people say make me think im lacking a good 35k DPS but looking at other mages im actually pulling alot. Id like to know how well im going.

On a lvl90 target Dummy i will open with a solid 40K dps but im unable to sustain that leven and normally drop back down to 20-25k (22k most of the time)

My rotation is Frost Bomb, Frozen Orb, Frost bolt (with presence of mind), Frost bolt with frost nova from elemental, (Then Brain freeze and a charge of frost fingers procs) firefrost bolt, x2 ce Lance. At this point iv done 40k dps.
    I then start the rotation over again generally without frozen orb as it is on cool down and only x1 Ice lance and frost fongers only procs 1 charge.

By the end of the second rotation im only just pulling 22K dps.

So im guessing that bad and my ratation is wrong. While talking to a guild mate he was saying i shold be pulling more, As he does not use recount he didnt have a number for what his mage pulled he did say my frost lance (when frost fingers procs) should be doing a min of 100k when it hits the target. Mine is only doing 66K. Again does this sound right?

When it comes to raiding i understand my DPS will drop as i stop do take care of adds.

But with recount there is other mages (fire/arcane) that are pulling a good 60K and sustaining that level.
    When i switch my self to either fire or arcane i struggle to pull 20k dps. but is say my ratation is just way off.

So what all that usless info i have given you, Any help with my dps would be great.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    20k sustained and 40k burst is what you'd expect to be seeing from Cataclysm raiders, the lower end, I might add.

60-75k sustained dps is not unreasonable to ask for in a raid setting right now, and in some cases, is even lower then standard.

All I can really suggest is read up on frost mage dps, Elitistjerks has a good thread on it.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Ok cool so i guess i am Low in DPS. Iv only has this issue since i got back into wow (MoP) last i played was BC and i never has an issue with dps.

Only thing that made me think it might have been fine was the fact in a heroic i manage to stay second to first on recount over all DPS and mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being #1 in a random heroic doesn't mean much, they're full of new people who are gearing up, afkers, or bots.

Just read up, and you should see your numbers go up once you patch the holes in your rotation.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    There's an entire guide and comments here, did you read it ?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Mage-PVE-Guide

This should cover basics question : rotation, gear, stats, talents etc..

And yeah, 20k dps is very low, even in 463 ilvl you should be able to do a lot more.

First of all, you have no enchants at all, zero, nada. Check the guide on this forum for best frost mage enchants. Same for glyphs.
    Second, you are nearly 1% above hit cap and still use 3 pure hit gems - go to askmrrobot and gem / reforge correctly.
    Third, you have 2 pieces of gear with spirit, which is useless stat for you. If you had to equip it (because it was a big upgrade to your previous gear) reforge spirit to haste/crit.

Once you've done with that do what Eihwaz and Zethras said - read decent guides and use your new knowledge
    Good luck!

Another suggestion for you, which applies to basically any DPS class (which you may already be doing): Start casting your next spell before your current one finishes!

Blizzard built a great spell queueing system into WoW to compensate for server-client lag, and you have to take full advantage of it. If you are waiting for a spell to finish casting before you start your next spell, you're basically giving up half a second of DPS time between every spell.

If my keyboard wrote out my keybinds while playing, it would look roughly like:

You get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Another suggestion for you, which applies to basically any DPS class (which you may already be doing): Start casting your next spell before your current one finishes!

Blizzard built a great spell queueing system into WoW to compensate for server-client lag, and you have to take full advantage of it. If you are waiting for a spell to finish casting before you start your next spell, you're basically giving up half a second of DPS time between every spell.

If my keyboard wrote out my keybinds while playing, it would look roughly like:

You get the idea.
    /sarcasm
    OMG you use more than two buttons!

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    There's an entire guide and comments here, did you read it ?

This should cover basics question : rotation, gear, stats, talents etc..

And yeah, 20k dps is very low, even in 463 ilvl you should be able to do a lot more.
    This one i have not read. but i have read alot of other ones. Icy veins being one of them.

Ill give this a look over now.

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Febrilia View Post
    This one i have not read. but i have read alot of other ones. Icy veins being one of them.

Ill give this a look over now.

Thanks.
    Icy veins is very basic, and wrong really often, its a good read nontheless, but the quality of the one here is far far superior .

Deleted
    Do you not use the spell Icy Veins, or did you just forget to write it is a spell you use? You also need to make a use of Alter Time to give you extra procs. The way I use it is by popping all cooldowns, followed by waiting to get at least one FoF proc and one BF proc. This will grant you extra procs and add 6 seconds to all of your cooldowns, which can make a massive difference.