Deleted

WoW Community Decline

Blizzard isn't doing enough to punish bad players, I don't mean bad as in unskilled, I mean those who are vulgar, offensive players you'd rather not encounter - ever.

This is a general problem that has persisted since the beginning of the game, however with all these crossrealm features players tend to care less about their image since they will likely never encounter these players again.

I've been thinking about this recently in wake of the recent threads about how the community is so bad etc.

As an example, I had an LFR run earlier today in fact where this guy has a realm first title and felt the need to express his superiority to us lowly LFR running scumbags, or words to that effect, I won't go in too much detail but basically throughout the run he chainpulled, made tanks drop aggro, gripped them into bad places etc, all the while linking his title and calling us all bads.

I have reported him and I always report others like him, but I feel it is in vain as I have reported some pretty serious offenders before and they hadn't been banned (logs in every day, even after "appropriate action taken" etc).

If Blizzard want a better community, they're going to have to put their foot down.

TL;DR - What do you think blizzard could do to curb offensive players?

Deleted
    bump ~ do you think blizz is too soft on offenders?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are paying Costumers, And they pay for the game, they might be rude to some of the players, but in generally they are decent people.

Blizzard can't do much about this because it's the nature of human to be rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Realitysucks View Post
    bump ~ do you think blizz is too soft on offenders?
    Nope. Just ignore the offenders, and they will eventually stop. They do it for attention. So the more attention you give them (negative or positive), the more they will continue.

I just think they need to extend the capacity of the "ignore" list.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post

I just think they need to extend the capacity of the "ignore" list.
    They need to make it account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    That would be AWESOME!!! Ot at least make it an option....yeesh!...lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    That would be AWESOME!!! Ot at least make it an option....yeesh!...lol
    There is an addon for that, it allows you to put as much people as you want on the ignore list as well. I think it's called ignoremore.

That is a great idea.

Would it be account wide on both ends? For example if they made an alt to spam you they would still be blocked?

OT: I think that people need to step up for their actions. They really don't think that it will ever come back to bite them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't necro or bump old threads. If your thread wasn't interesting enough for people to respond at the time, try again. Don't reuse it.