Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just go check some logs of SHA, over 15-16 Minutes, your average joe using ToTH would gain between 50 and 55 procs, asuming they NEVER overlaped ( which they do ) the gain would be 50-55 * 3 , or around 150-165 focus reduced shots, or around 3000-3200 focus. If played properly your Fervor would gain the same ammount to You and Your pet, and again under the assumption of you playing properly , you would utilize all of that focus, plus resulting in your pet having higher uptime on Wild Hunt. What is better under those circumstances is up to your brain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowingInTheDark View Post
    IMO, you over-complicate things. You typically don't want to delay Fervor too much, since the CD is so short. The rule of thumb for me is to never use it when at or above 50 focus (obvious) and when LnL is off CD (arguable, so I don't always do that). Also, dump it before popping Readiness (obvious).

Basically, make sure you're low on focus when the CD is about to expire and use it on CD, that's it.
    I think that's what I did, but I'll check logs when I come home to see how my usage actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Extraordinaire View Post
    simmed my toon on femaledwarf.com.

497.8 ilvl according to that site.

my usual SV spec has dire beast.

4k dps loss using TotH.

5k dps loss with Fervor.

think i'ma keep to DB :3
    Pretty sure this is inaccurate.
    You most likely didnt add the talent into your shot rotation after you switched it.
    Easy mistake to make as ive made it myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disfunctionz View Post
    You most likely didnt add the talent into your shot rotation after you switched it.
    Why would he lose a different amount of dps then, assuming he doesn't you either TotH or Fervor at all, the "without" should then be the same one and the one with DB should be x amount higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Calling BullShit on this, I'm at 500 ilvl and DB is a 300 DPS loss over Fervor and TotH loses by 1.8k to Fervor.
    Ok, my numbers were slightly out...

Fervor 1768 dps loss
    TotH. 5079 dps loss

Maybe latency is a factor here? I'm usually MINIMUM of 200, recently much higher.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 12:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Disfunctionz View Post

I don't see anywhere, a way to add fervor / toth to the rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    Why would he lose a different amount of dps then, assuming he doesn't you either TotH or Fervor at all, the "without" should then be the same one and the one with DB should be x amount higher.
    You do have a point.

When you switch talents in FD it takes the previous talent out of the shot priority list, and doesnt add the new talent, so you have to manually add it in before recalcing.

Sounds like your using simcraft though

Ok, my numbers were slightly out...

Fervor 1768 dps loss
    TotH. 5079 dps loss

Maybe latency is a factor here? I'm usually MINIMUM of 200, recently much higher.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 12:35 AM ----------

Testing my Hunter; http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B3rz/advanced

SV /w Fervor, aMoC, GT
    FD settings(ones changed from default):
    Fight length: 8.7 min
    Latency: 60(what I have in game)

Test 1 @ 60ms and Fervor: 104314.54
    Test 2 @ 250ms and Fervor: 98346.34 (-5968.2)

Test 3 @ 60ms and DB: 104331.10
    Test 4 @ 250ms and DB: 100592.85 (-3738.25)

I guess there you go. Since DB is a DoT basically, it is less affected by your latency compared to Fervor, where your latency delays your extra shots that you get.
    Even though at my settings, difference between DB and Fervor is a mere 19 DPS with DB winning, Fervor offers smoother rotation and isn't prone to losing value due to sudden boss movement or the Beast dying from AoE attacks.

The lower your latency, the better fervor is. Have you tried installing the 'Leatrix Latency Fix' yet? it used to drop my latency from ~100 to 55-60
    Link for it is here: here

I play with 260-280ms and in my personal experience, I do noticeably more DPS with fervor. Up to you if you trust sims or personal experience more, try it for yourself and you may change your mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    I play with 260-280ms and in my personal experience, I do noticeably more DPS with fervor. Up to you if you trust sims or personal experience more, try it for yourself and you may change your mind.
    If you do noticeably more dps with either talents, on a single target fight, you're doing something wrong with the other talents.

Lol my latency is a minimum of 300.

I do have the latency compensator (shot queue) set at 400 ms though, and spam my keys like crazy, and switch to the next shot the moment the one I'm on casts, so I'm not sure if it even matters.

Since fervor restores your pet's focus too, does that mean that every time you use it, your pet does that 100% increased damage hit(basic attack: bite etc)? and if that's the case, is it worth using on gcd when rotation has become smooth regardless of focus state, just for that double damage pet attack??

Quote Originally Posted by jimakos84 View Post
    Since fervor restores your pet's focus too, does that mean that every time you use it, your pet does that 100% increased damage hit(basic attack: bite etc)? and if that's the case, is it worth using on gcd when rotation has become smooth regardless of focus state, just for that double damage pet attack??
    It does mean that it'll get buffed "Basic Attacks" off, yes (should be 2 per fervor due to the added 5 focus per second regen for 10 sec after the initial burst). It's still a waste to use it if you waste all of the focus yourself, though.

simmed my toon on femaledwarf.com.

497.8 ilvl according to that site.

my usual SV spec has dire beast.

4k dps loss using TotH.

5k dps loss with Fervor.

think i'ma keep to DB :3
    You and me both, I've only been testing in a couple single target fights but I get almost 2k more with DB.
    Last edited by Notho; 2013-02-27 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTiny View Post
    It appears you are right. Must have been a hitch in my UI the first time. Oh well. I don't care for the tone of your post. We all make mistakes buddy.
    LoL. So you're proven wrong, so to make yourself feel better you have to take offense to his 'tone' in his post? LoL.

Quick somewhat off topic question:

Is Thrill of the Hunt useful for BM PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post

No, Relying on RNG for burst is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post

Yes. Imo it is the best talent in that tier for PvP.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    What about Tier15 which encourages a more frequent Arcane Shot usage like T13? Dire Beast gives you fewer Focus to use it on Arcane Shots and Thrill of the Hunt I would imagine gives you the most extra Arcane Shots.

Guess it depends on your playing Location. Like I believe it is the best choice for Alterac Valley situations during which you Spam Multi-Shots and when you are sandwitched a lot and forced to deterrence much I think it's better to cast Dire Beast first and having the extra Pet attack your foes while you are deterrencing.
    Dire beast is terrible for pvp. It would be better to either either fervor or toth. Toth is my personal favorite simply because of how often it procs. Also if you are deterrencing why would you want to put your dire beast on them to do a small amount of damage they can most likely heal through? Your dire beast can also be killed.

Tier 15 encouraging more frequent use of arcane shot? What do you mean? Are you talking about the set bonuses? If so then neither of them encourage you to use either ability more simply because of how RealPPM works. If you have 3 Real PPM that means on average you will get 3 procs a minute regardless of what abilities you are firing off or how fast you are firing them off (without factoring in haste). The set bonuses in t15 2 pc have
    BM : .7
    MM: 1
    SV: 1.2
    So on average you will get .7 procs a minute as BM and 1 and 1.2 as SV. Again all procs increased by haste to some extent. The 4 piece is 3 Real PPM which means each spec will get 3 procs a minute. It doesn't encourage you to use arcane shot more because of how RealPPM is calculated.
    Last edited by Durumu; 2013-03-02 at 08:24 PM.

To be honest, the numbers are so close that unless you're in a heroic guild, you should just get what feels better for you. I like TotH and Crows.