Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Leveling in MoP...

Hey dudes.

So, I'm really not a "one toon" kind of guy. Hit 86 on my alt shammy, and leveling is sooo slow by questing.. it's almost to the point where I may give up and not aim for 90 on anything else till next xpac., as I already have a 90 paladin (which I've already taken a break once since hitting cap, as I got bored of my 1 toon.

What is the quickest way to level in MoP? there has to be some way to speed it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing the dungeon quests and rotating your toons around a bit so that whatever it is that you're leveling is working on rested XP. For PVE, leveling through questing is about as fast as it gets.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    in kun lai summit i have been told, should be a cave with a monkey in it. behind that mokey there is a box that is used to do a quest. if you dont pick up that quest, and enter the cave, you should be able to pick up that box over and over and over and over again, for as long as you like. it should have a 3-4 sec spawning time, which is allmost instant - and you can just kill or CC the monkey all you want, it should be lvl 87 or 88.
    cant find the guide / clip on youtube, but according to it, you will go from lvl85-90 in 10 hours , simply by opening the box and get those 27k xp .... havnt tryed it myself yet, and i dunno if it was / is a bug of some sort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    in kun lai summit i have been told, should be a cave with a monkey in it. behind that mokey there is a box that is used to do a quest. if you dont pick up that quest, and enter the cave, you should be able to pick up that box over and over and over and over again, for as long as you like. it should have a 3-4 sec spawning time, which is allmost instant - and you can just kill or CC the monkey all you want, it should be lvl 87 or 88.
    cant find the guide / clip on youtube, but according to it, you will go from lvl85-90 in 10 hours , simply by opening the box and get those 27k xp .... havnt tryed it myself yet, and i dunno if it was / is a bug of some sort.
    And if it is a bug get a ban for it... plus 10 hours isn't that fast for 85 - 90.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    plus 10 hours isn't that fast for 85 - 90.
    I would suggest that you are wrong.

Deleted
    I'm an altoholic too and I hate the structured, almost guided levelling we've seen recently.
    I think there should have been two landing spots to start questing in pandaria. Just to add a bit of variety.
    Until now the most fun I had levelling alts was during wotlk. Guided if you wanted it to be, yet with plenty of different paths to pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my point of view. I got like 8 chars in Cataclysm on 85 lvl at the end of it.

Now I made a decision I dont want to lvl anymore chars than 3 up to max level so.

I maxed my main of course. Then leveled warlock as my main alt then (which I do raid with on alt raids). Now I do started 85+ on my warrior tank and I found them quests so much boring that I spend like 60% of level in randoms (87 atm). Pandaria was so fun on my main and so enjoyed that. But I found the areas so boring now that I am saying NO PLEASE NOT ANYMORE!
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Deleted
    I'm currently leveling my second character, and even though it's silly to compare, I leveled way faster this time then on my main. It takes about 2-3 hours per level, and overall it has taken me a week to get it 55% from 89-90. I can agree that it can be a pain sometimes, but then you just switch characters for a couple of hours and do something completely different, and then go back. Why not focus on getting all the quest achievements? That's what I did now on my second time. Also, run a instance once in a while.

I think my biggest mistake with MOP was trying to lvl 2-3 chars to max at first... it just killed me a little inside.
    Now i only have 1 character at 90 and struggle to get the rest of my char's up. I used to have tons of alts, but MOP just destroyed that somehow. I might get 2 or 3 to 90, but i seriously doubt it.

i really hate leveling in mop mainly because you can only do two instances for the first couple levels and im the person who prefers just farming dungeons, im also in pvp so its always stressful to level in open world

I understand your pain, I leveled 11 toons and my friends are begging me to level their toons through Pandaria. :/

I think the best you can do is watch/listen Youtube videos while playing. :3

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    They fixed this bug.
    Last edited by Korru; 2013-02-20 at 09:57 AM.

In previous expansions I would always prefer leveling through quests but in Mop I would suggest doing dungeons if you can heal/tank. Mop quests are really boring and leveling takes a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiitsdj View Post
    Hey dudes.

So, I'm really not a "one toon" kind of guy. Hit 86 on my alt shammy, and leveling is sooo slow by questing.. it's almost to the point where I may give up and not aim for 90 on anything else till next xpac., as I already have a 90 paladin (which I've already taken a break once since hitting cap, as I got bored of my 1 toon.

What is the quickest way to level in MoP? there has to be some way to speed it up.
    85-87 running dungeons is the fastest, after you ding 87 questing in Kun-lai and higher level zones outpace dungeons.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Deleted
    I agree completely. In cata it took me no effort at all to level each class to 85, in MoP I can barely bring myself to level a third character.

Deleted
    I like leveling i MoP. If you get into the "lore" it is much more fun to do. Leveling is a part of the game - deal with it

Deleted
    Anyone knows how fast it is to level doing only random PvP battlegrounds from 85-90, compared to questing/instancing?

15+ Year Old Account
    I leveled 8 85's in Cata and 2 80's (was hoping to get 10 85's but oh well ran out of time). Leveling felt streamlined and comfortable, and also fast due to heirlooms and guild perk etc.

However in MoP it feels like I have to force myself to level, I've currently got 4 90's and I'm now leveling an alliance warlock from scratch, but I'm definitely not looking forward to 85-90. As others have said, the fact you're forced to start in the same zone, the fact there are only 2 dungeons to do at 85 and then 2 more at 87 leaving you with only 4 dungeons to help level up with from 85-90, it simply feels like it takes too long and is a drag. Maybe I'm too used to heirlooms and such, and also how they decreased the experience needed for 80-85, but I'm sure I didn't feel this way about 80-85 when Cataclysm was "new".

I'm secretly hoping they either lower the amount of experience needed, or that they add heirlooms, because otherwise I don't plan to level my other alts. Doing it 4 (and soon 5) times over is enough to drive any one nuts.

Deleted
    I did 85-90 on the PTR even, it didn't take very long. Boring and repetitive, yes, but not particularly time-consuming. Maybe 1 day of gametime, 10 hours being travel time due to not being able to fly. I still find Northrend to be the most tedious place to level.
    Last edited by mmoc9f738f0006; 2013-02-20 at 10:23 AM.

MoP leveling is single handly the worst leveling experience I have came across with. Boring boring boring boring and couldnt be more boring. Dread Wastes is the worst leveling zone in the World of Warcraft history. I have managed to level 4 chars to 85 in Cataclysm, but I believe I will stick with one 90s the whole MoP. I dont think I have enough will to go through this awful experience again....ewww.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    MoP leveling is single handly the worst leveling experience I have came across with. Boring boring boring boring and couldnt be more boring. Dread Wastes is the worst leveling zone in the World of Warcraft history. I have managed to level 4 chars to 85 in Cataclysm, but I believe I will stick with one 90s the whole MoP. I dont think I have enough will to go through this awful experience again....ewww.
    I'm inclined to agree, the only worse leveling experience I had was leveling a Paladin back in Classic WoW in early 2005. But back then everything was new and refreshing (not just leveling, but the game itself) which helped.

Dread Wastes is indeed a horrible zone.