Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds very boring. I think that certain specs would be getting left out.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by DWAR View Post
    I don't think so, the "Tops DPS" fight and all the unbalance that we have nowadays is due that, they dumbified the dps role, and almost dumbified the entire game, the main chalange now is to find people with half brain to not die to simple fight mechanics.

They shall make cc/buff and debuffs important also to make people insterested in those, but not like is today, everything is out of control, some have too much dmg, others dmg and control, and some have too much dmg, controll and survival skills.... If we keep that way soon this will be the World of Magecraft.
    You know what happened the last time they tried that? Cataclysm. They lost lots of subscriptions over that. They won't do this again.

Not trying to be a dick here but this is just stupid. This isn't changing specs but the whole playstyle of some classes... Like for real Rogues/Mages/Warlocks/Hunters are all pure DPS classes why give them tanking options or even more survivability. It seems to me you just decided to make a thread be really lazy and copy and past 3 words next to the specs of each class. God Blizzard needs to higher you ASAP!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight. All classes can tank and we abolish the healer?

GTFO.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Not trying to be a dick here but this is just stupid. This isn't changing specs but the whole playstyle of some classes... Like for real Rogues/Mages/Warlocks/Hunters are all pure DPS classes why give them tanking options or even more survivability. It seems to me you just decided to make a thread be really lazy and copy and past 3 words next to the specs of each class. God Blizzard needs to higher you ASAP!
    No that wasn't the idea, changing roles is the idea, removing some of the defenses and control of the damage dealers and making a spec with less damage and some control. The Survival specs for the Pure Damage classes we have nowadays would be the new thing, don't really need to make em tanks or healers, but maybe a strong suport. And by the way, its just a suggestion.

Would not be like that, Damge and Controll classes can dps, the diff is that pure Damage classes do more dps, 10-15%, but have fewer cc/buffs/debuffs tools.
    And btw its almost what we have now, only 1 spec of dps is viable on most of the pure dps classes.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 10:48 PM ----------

Oh well so my WoW archivments now are the proof if what i say is reasonable or not.

Sadly i don't have Archievements from the MOP Heroic Raids, but i don't think thats would be a prof for good or bad thou.
    No it was my response to the "
    Almost dumbified the entire game, the main chalange now is to find people with half brain to not die to simple fight mechanics."
    If it is so dumbed down and you find it so easy that it needs a change you should be able to clear all current content.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Um.

You might want to play GW2, OP?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I think this is the worst idea i've ever heard in my entire existance.

no thank you to your rigid and uncompelling suggestion. People want to play the spec they want to play because of the feel or output. Forcing "survival" and "control" on them will just get a lot of people to quit. They scrapped the hybrid tax long ago because when people pick a dps spec they want to dps, not be buff bitch or off-heals that deals mediocre damage in the mean time. WoW doesn't need "support classes". Stop being combative with everyone who disagrees with your idea.

It's a cool idea!

And like most cool ideas, it wouldn't be a good idea. I'm sorry.

But maybe you can find something to your liking by trying Guild Wars 2. They've got some ideas worked out in a way that might suit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    no thank you to your rigid and uncompelling suggestion. People want to play the spec they want to play because of the feel or output. Forcing "survival" and "control" on them will just get a lot of people to quit. They scrapped the hybrid tax long ago because when people pick a dps spec they want to dps, not be buff bitch or off-heals that deals mediocre damage in the mean time. WoW doesn't need "support classes". Stop being combative with everyone who disagrees with your idea.
    I'm not being combative, but when people diagrees would be nice to say why and not just say "NO WAY", "WORST IDEA EVER", "BET YOU NEVER RAIDED", and we hybrids still behind pure dps classes, with no reasons since now pure dpsers have all the tools "hybrids" have. On the suggestion there will still be one spec for pure damage and the spec for control would be ore competitive than some that we have now, so i dunno why you guys are so "OMG NO DPS" when nowadays we only have 1 viable dps spec for each class.

I'm not being combative, but when people diagrees would be nice to say why and not just say "NO WAY", "WORST IDEA EVER", "BET YOU NEVER RAIDED", and we hybrids still behind pure dps classes, with no reasons since now pure dpsers have all the tools "hybrids" have. On the suggestion there will still be one spec for pure damage and the spec for control would be ore competitive than some that we have now, so i dunno why you guys are so "OMG NO DPS" when nowadays we only have 1 viable dps spec for each class.
    Again, the issue is that most people who play the game as DPS - they only want to DPS. They don't care about CC or buff/debuff management. Blizz tried that in the past, and it was rejected by the entire community. So, in a nutshell, there is no real market for anything other than the 1 DPS spec. That is just how the playerbase has been since the beginning.

Now, you are reducing the number of pure DPS specs significantly. And, you are significantly increaseing the number of "support" specs. When your market is made up of people who want to purely DPS as a DPS, that does not seem to align. You will be forcing people into roles they do not want to play. If they wanted to play those roles, they would have done so when they were more available.

If you took your idea, and reduced it down so that the # available roles more closely matched what the people want to play, then I think you might have something.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    If you took your idea, and reduced it down so that the # available roles more closely matched what the people want to play, then I think you might have something.
    Then you might as well just leave things as they are now. Which only goes to show just how poorly thought out this suggestion is. That it is just as poorly explained doesn't help.