Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Well, you're right and you're wrong, Rapti. Sure, ArenaNet bans people for doing shit that other companies wouldn't ban for, and sometimes the reasons for the ban are more borderline than ban-worthy...but there's always more to the story when a ban occurs. Oh, you received mail containing some items from a random stranger? Odd, but not particularly noteworthy, even if that stranger is a botter/hacker. Oh, you received 500 mails from the same "stranger", and didn't return any of them, nor report them, despite your claims to not knowing them? Yeah, that's BS. And while it may not be quite to that extreme, I strongly doubt the tale he spun is accurate, and is instead meant to try for the sympathy vote.
    Well yeah sure if it would be tons of mails, but OP said got few items in a mail. One mail vs 500 - sure. And as I said at start - truth lies in between.

Exactly what I said in the last sentence: he got banned, of course he's going to spin his story in his favor. And unless he or ANet deigns it necessary to share with us, we'll never know the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Some item you bought turns out too cheap? Ban. Some mats give you bit more gold they intended to begin with - ban. I mean I got banned once (for a solid and good reason), but they simply can ban you for really most odd shit you wouldnt think of.
    That's a grotesque lie.
    1 It was quite clear that this was a bug since they were the only weapons being sold that cheap.
    2 They banned people who bought hundreds upon hundreds of those weapons (which is different than "a weapon"
    3 A-net decided to unban everyone who emailed them

Guilty until proven innocent

This thread is a prime example of numerous people getting banned for no reason. ANet rep claims it was due to a database error.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ve-for-Botting

If you peruse the account forum on their site you'll see a massive amount of false positives.

That's 3threads merged as one and they only have one page... And not all those posts are ppl saying "ye i got banned too" further there were also people complaining about being banned for naming offences...

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    That's 3threads merged as one and they only have one page... And not all those posts are ppl saying "ye i got banned too" further there were also people complaining about being banned for naming offences...
    They also say it only happened to about a dozen accounts.

I like that thread though, and I love how Gailes dominates Tugger at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    That's a grotesque lie.
    1 It was quite clear that this was a bug since they were the only weapons being sold that cheap.
    2 They banned people who bought hundreds upon hundreds of those weapons (which is different than "a weapon"
    3 A-net decided to unban everyone who emailed them
    Not a lie at all. They overreact with their bans and later remove them (like those weapons ones). Their ban policy is "if we dont like what you did, we can ban you". Dont defend them, its stupid to even try. Still majority of bans are well deserved ones (incl my own - when I was banned for 3days) and there is no discussion in that.
    People found that its nice way of making money by buying shit for karma and ending up using mats and then vendor to make gold? What happened? - ban because they dont want to have people exchanging karma into gold. Ofc they hot fixed that later on. They are strict (and its cool), but they can ban you for whatever the reason. Im not defending anyone who got banned, wouldnt even want to. But its not a lie, its the truth which you should simply suck up.