Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If its the same lockout, they don't need to be the same reset. Stop spewing garbage.

Ticket it again, and ask for a senior GM if they don't give you a fix.

Edit: Did some google searching on the subject, it appears to be a fairly common bug that can't be replicated in any other instance. In other words, killing 4/6 H MSV, extending, killing Elegon and extending again will not prevent you from pulling Heroic Will even though it has the same restriction Sha has. This is a Terrace specific issue, it would appear. (Further debunking any garbage being spewed about killing it all the same reset.)
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-02-21 at 10:50 AM.

We got the same problem with Empress. 5|6 hc kills, then tons of empress pulls, then extend, and empress don't come out. We talked a lot with gm and he said they are not allowed to fix lockouts. Thanks, blizz! Sorry for not being top10 guild, so you can help us. I'm now trying to get 'justice' via support-feedback email... But it don't seem to help.
    Last edited by Imaskar; 2013-02-21 at 11:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    just saying, did kill all 3 bosses same reset. extended for sha.. full week on sha.. shit encounter imo but yea.. extend again the week after to progress more, cant pull sha. gg

Deleted
    Like haaz said, we have the same problem.

Killed all 3 bosses on heroic same reset, extended, spent next week on sha of fear hc (or well half due to cancelled raids), decided to extend this week aswell.

Can't pull him, can't attack him.

Gms won't do or can't do anything about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    We got the same problem with Empress. 5|6 hc kills, then tons of empress pulls, then extend, and empress don't come out. We talked a lot with gm and he said they are not allowed to fix lockouts. Thanks, blizz! Sorry for not being top10 guild, so you can help us. I'm now trying to get 'justice' via support-feedback email... But it don't seem to help.
    We have the same problem. Sent a GM ticket, but our fingers are crossed.

Deleted
    update.

After talking to like 3 different gms, we finally had one restore our reset.

We could then again choose to extend the lockout, and sha of fear was pullable.

So this just goes to show that some gms (probably most) aren't as knowledgable as they should be..

Its clearly not intended, that's for sure. If you have the issue, just keep ticketing it until you get a GM who's worth a damn.

i can't imagine the frustration, good luck with the pulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had exactly this happen last reset. All of our 10man copied and pasted the same ticket to GMs.

After about 18 hours, 4 people had received messages along the lines of 'We are not prepared to do anything, wait until the hard reset next wednesday, and then clear bosses 1-3 on hc in order to engage sha'

I personally received 3 responses (via non real time messages, not chat) and then eventually got to talk to a GM. The guy I got through to actually had a brain, knew his job, and released it wasn't our fault, nor were we trying to game extra boss loot (as our only intention much like yours was to skip to hc sha).

After almost 3 hours of conversation, back and fourth questions, and alot of 'investigating' the GM took a list of names of everyone locked to our save, logged their toons and individually reset each persons instance, so we could all join the same group and attack Sha.

He said whilst the other GMs should have been more helpful, and not basically shut us down outright, what he did was over and above the requirements of a GM, and thus probably wouldn't happen to every group/every time.

Get this, best bit is It's a known bug, just the majority of GMs CBA with what is required to fix it.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    We encountered same with Empress HC and prolonging the lock was apparently at fault. SInce then we rather repeat our HC runs, coz GM/soft reset didnt help us at all..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Had exactly this happen last reset. All of our 10man copied and pasted the same ticket to GMs.

After about 18 hours, 4 people had received messages along the lines of 'We are not prepared to do anything, wait until the hard reset next wednesday, and then clear bosses 1-3 on hc in order to engage sha'

I personally received 3 responses (via non real time messages, not chat) and then eventually got to talk to a GM. The guy I got through to actually had a brain, knew his job, and released it wasn't our fault, nor were we trying to game extra boss loot (as our only intention much like yours was to skip to hc sha).

After almost 3 hours of conversation, back and fourth questions, and alot of 'investigating' the GM took a list of names of everyone locked to our save, logged their toons and individually reset each persons instance, so we could all join the same group and attack Sha.

He said whilst the other GMs should have been more helpful, and not basically shut us down outright, what he did was over and above the requirements of a GM, and thus probably wouldn't happen to every group/every time.

Get this, best bit is It's a known bug, just the majority of GMs CBA with what is required to fix it.
    the fact that took three hours to do this is probably why they don't do this every time and as I work in a Customer Service environment I can figure out that the "don't touch that" comes from a general company policy due to the "massive" amount of time it take that can be better spent in answering and serving other 15-20 persons.

Kudos to the GM for the effort though.
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2013-02-23 at 03:13 PM.

By fixing this, you are helping 10/25 people at once. Its clearly better to fix it even with your logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason it took 3 hours is because he didn't take my word for it that there was a problem in the first place.

Then spent hours asking questions related to 'are they trying to exploit here'

When you're trying to extend a lock to skip previously killed bosses, how can that be a bad thing? Ofc they could have checked we'd not killed anything that reset and just reset it completely, so we didn't have to wait until next wednesday, either would have been acceptable to me
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, at any point did you swap out raiders? Like is it the exact same group from start to finish? I've heard that sometimes when you swap people out and extend it the next week, you're extending somebody's inherited save and not the real one.

Like if one of your group wasn't there when you killed Protectors on Heroic, but he was there for Tsulong and Lei Shi. If he extended the lockout, or was the first to zone-in after the extension, it might not work.

Deleted
    Has anyone successfully extended their 3/4h lockout more than a week without running into this issue and having to get a GM to fix it? We'll be extending for the second time this coming reset, would be useful to know if we can expect to have to go through this or if it's a rare occurence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Out of curiosity, at any point did you swap out raiders? Like is it the exact same group from start to finish? I've heard that sometimes when you swap people out and extend it the next week, you're extending somebody's inherited save and not the real one.

Like if one of your group wasn't there when you killed Protectors on Heroic, but he was there for Tsulong and Lei Shi. If he extended the lockout, or was the first to zone-in after the extension, it might not work.
    I think this is the case. But it should still not happend, so it's probably a bug involving this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    Has anyone successfully extended their 3/4h lockout more than a week without running into this issue and having to get a GM to fix it? We'll be extending for the second time this coming reset, would be useful to know if we can expect to have to go through this or if it's a rare occurence.
    Yes, We've extended for a 2nd time before the last reset. Haven't had any issues yet *knocks on wood*

Or well, other then wiping on 5% last night we had no issues ;-)

We had not swapped our raiders. The same group for all 5 HoF bosses. We did not extend the lockout twice. Just 1 time. And still got the issue.

Deleted
    Had this today, as our raidlead havent participated in the kill of protectors on that ID. GM joined the raid and made Sha attackable for us.

When this happened to us in Firelands, it was because I zoned into the regular extended lockout and then set it to heroic as opposed to doing it outside.