Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I surely doubt it, many people have pride in the mounts they've collected and I'm certain they'd want to be able to use them for every race, the day I was allowed to use my gnome mount as a human was a great day.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 09:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    what if they just make nagas slide like snakes really fast instead of using mounts haha
    Not sure if trying to be funny or just bad, either way, nagas will most likely never be playable and will certainly not "slide really fast"
    Last edited by Korie; 2013-02-21 at 08:07 AM.

Deleted
    They could fix Ogres to be Tauren size and as for Nagas I really think they could still be made to work on a mount.

Sure they would have to add a different mount animation for them (something like coiling the tail over the saddle when they sit on it) but I think it could be done.

well they can use a similar mechanic utilized for the worgen, naga can trasform back in highborne and ride a normal mount, and for ogre you can't judge the size by the npc in game cause you know the size in game is directly correlated to the power of the npc, there are alot of ogre the same size of a tauren or even smaller so if they will be introduced i higly dubt that blizzard give us the giant one outside grull's lair.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    , and for ogre you can't judge the size by the npc in game cause you know the size in game is directly correlated to the power of the npc, there are alot of ogre the same size of a tauren or even smaller so if they will be introduced i higly dubt that blizzard give us the giant one outside grull's lair.
    This. Explains why NPCs like Tirion looked like they suffered from gigantism when you stood next to them outside of Icecrown.

Also, they should just give ogres the footmobile from the Flintstones.

Deleted
    I'd be fine playing a race as an alt that could only have its own race specific mount, but I have to say if I was coming to the game and choosing a main character, I'd feel like I was missing a lot by not having any purpose to all the mounts in the world, and when it came to meta achievements and high end raid / dungeon rewards - I'd be very disappointed if my main was a race that couldn't actually use the reward.

I think overall the reception would be pretty bad if they announced that mounts were useless for those races.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    that. would. be. AWESOME!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt mind if like druids we are given special mounts for flying or ground mount to compensate.

Deleted
    No more animal races plx... why add some fugly snakes for alliance when there are high elves in Dalaran

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    No more animal races plx... why add some fugly snakes for alliance when there are high elves in Dalaran
    1 - animal races are awesome and we have too few of them. only worgen, tauren and pandaren. that's just 3 out of 11. the draenei are NOT an animal race, since they are based on demons. people call them goats because people are ignorant fools;

2 - the naga are not fugly. naga girls make me rock hard!;

3 - high elves are lame and practically extinct;

A lot of people that want naga would probably say yes to having only a specific race mount just because they want naga as a playable race but if that were to happened they'd be the first ones on the blizz forums complaining about how naga can't use other mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Why do you want Nagas for the Alliance ? It doesn't fit with any lore, their phisioligy is ridiculous for a playable race.

HIGH ELVES FOR ALLIANCE, THAT'S OBVIOUS AND THAT'S ALL
    I agree with what you say but disagree with how you've said it.

Caps and large text is bad, and you should feel bad.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    2 - the naga are not fugly. naga girls make me rock hard!;

Whoa...

Okay then...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all Ogres are huge. There are some tiny ones at lower levels in Duskwood that are shorter than Tauren. Just make the Ogres as big as Tauren. As for Naga, they can't wear pants, or boots, or use mounts at all. Naga will never be a playable race. Nor should they.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Not all Ogres are huge. There are some tiny ones at lower levels in Duskwood that are shorter than Tauren. Just make the Ogres as big as Tauren. As for Naga, they can't wear pants, or boots, or use mounts at all. Naga will never be a playable race. Nor should they.
    1 - naga models in-game can wear pants. pants look way better on the naga than helms do on a worgen;

2 - trolls, tauren and the draenei also can't wear boots;

3 - http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...on-d4wo6nh.jpg - mounted. they could also mount side-saddle;

the naga are perfectly fit to be a playable race if the designers can think just a tiny little bit outside the box.

Naga can't be allience, it'd be horde because if naga became allience nelfs would leave.

Ogres would be able to ride normal mounts since they have legs. Naga could probably mount by coiling around the mount's body.
    If they wouldn't be able to mount I personally wouldn't care.

On a side note: I can't picture a Naga wearing a robe, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    With all the speculation for races etc in future expansions, two that VERY regularly that come up are..

Naga for Alliance and Ogre for Horde.

The problem with both of these is mechanical. Ogres are larger than taurens and will look ridiculous on any mounts, let alone be able to fit through doors.
    Naga have tails so can't really straddle many mounts.
    "These ogres have been training hard...in mountain covered in mist that was found recently. They are smaller than their aezorothian and outlandish counterparts but fierce as ever! The ogre joins the horde with old allies to provide their dark magic and shamanism against burning legion!"

"These nagas were found recently...in (same) mountain covered in mist that was found recently. These Nagas are blood-related to Jinyu. With their new found powers, legs and agility - they make great addition to alliance forces against burning legion!"

Blizzard lore team - hire me.

Why anyone would want any of those races is beyond me. Ogres, since the day I started playing, have been my most hated ingame race, closely followed by naga. :/

And anyway, nobody will be ok with a race that can't use some mounts. Remember when a lot of mounts were restricted to race? And the amount of QQ on the forums? Even before the achievements? (you can make anything work, even naga in a chopper, with some imagination, but this was the OP's question).
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-02-21 at 05:13 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Best idea ever. Also, pedal powered flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    As for Naga, they can't wear pants, or boots, or use mounts at all. Naga will never be a playable race. Nor should they.
    They could wear pants and boots. Just have them look like tail armor. (like how draenei boots cover the lower legs but not the hooves.)