Thread: Lfr enrage

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    The healers have to be half decent to allow that to happen. The 3rd phase damage is very high and will OOM healers very quickly even in LFR. So you should take it as a sign that not everything is broken.
    I think we were still on Phase 2 when enrage hit.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I think we were still on Phase 2 when enrage hit.
    Now if that's the case that's pretty funny. But I imagine what happened is most of the raid died in the first phase, or early on in the second phase from some bizarre wildfire incident, leaving a few folks to limp along helplessly in the relatively low damage 2nd phase.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i had my worst ever lfr a few days ago. i mean, we did one shot everything, but the dps was horrendous. on will of the emporor for example, i was top on damage done. by over 60million damage. 2nd was a tank that was doing 42k dps

10+ Year Old Account
    We hit the enrage timer on The Spirit Kings, mostly because no one has any clue what to do during Maddening Shout. We got unlucky in that everyone actually trying got killed early, and the guys who were pulling 20k were still alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    Lei shi killed it like 5 seconds into enrage once in lfr. In dragonsoul I also remember one time where I literally facepalmed and left a group (which I rarely do). Zoned in on yor'sahj, was near end of t13 already, nobody had died apart from tanks and perhaps 1 dps, I was healing, hard enrage between 20-25%. I mean what the hell...

Hit LFR enrage on Empress. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    You must not have done any LFR's when the raid finder for Terrace first hit then, was kinda staple of it for the first week or so
    This is not my experience at all, nor that of the ~5 wow regulars I play with. We did different LFRs due to work and RL issues, but all of us cleared the entire thing without a single wipe. I distinctly remember because we were discussing how we thought it would be wipe central after Garalon and Amber Shaper LFR and were somewhat disappointed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrov View Post
    Also, every vault of mysteries i join the tank randomly dies due to charging in on spirit kings, can people just not learn or what?
    I've been tanking LFR for several months and recently it seems that the majority of tanks don't know tactics. By that I don't mean that they don't understand nuances. I mean they whisper to say they don't know tactics - presumably, it's their first time doing the fight as a tank. They don't like to admit it in front of 25 strangers, but it does help us understand things like what you observed above. (Believe me, no one would charge into spirit kings twice.)

I don't always communicate with my co-tank, so I guess sometimes first timers just keep their head down and muddle through.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    not a single healer was dispelling during the light phase. And yet Blizz seems to think CDs on dispels was necessary in PvE rather than offering dispel protection in pvp.
    don't see how healers incompetence to hit dispel correlates to the cd of dispel..

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    I've been tanking LFR for several months and recently it seems that the majority of tanks don't know tactics. By that I don't mean that they don't understand nuances. I mean they whisper to say they don't know tactics - presumably, it's their first time doing the fight as a tank. They don't like to admit it in front of 25 strangers, but it does help us understand things like what you observed above. (Believe me, no one would charge into spirit kings twice.)

I don't always communicate with my co-tank, so I guess sometimes first timers just keep their head down and muddle through.
    actually had a tank do it 3 times in row then blame healers...

I honestly didn't know LFR had an enrage timer.

When I run it I only do it immediately after reset and it's always me and like 9 other heroic geared DPS so things just fall over, even with a handful of plebeians doing Wrath DPS on the bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never hit an enrage on MOP LFR and I have been running all of them since the first week they were released.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only hit enrage in LFR on Garalon, but that in the first weeks it was opened, after that, never
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

not really surprised that ultra casuals play on sunday when there's no work or school. that's why you do lfr as close to reset as possible.

Yeah, first week, why?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the last LFR groups I was in did a fucked up order on the Protectors which was a nightmare for most of the group which resulted in over half to wipe and going deep in to the enrage phase before we got it with <10 players.

It wasn't the elite order but I remember a lot of ground aoe covering most of the room for nearly the entire fight which is not something I ever saw in LFR before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    ive had a few bad groups didn't even know that boss had an enrage, hit the enrage of protectors a few times
    I've been in a group that went 4 minutes over enrage for protectors and still killed them :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    It wasn't the elite order but I remember a lot of ground aoe covering most of the room for nearly the entire fight which is not something I ever saw in LFR before.
    Ultraxion trash says hello.

garalon prenerf.. that says all. stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp dead.

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    not really surprised that ultra casuals play on sunday when there's no work or school. that's why you do lfr as close to reset as possible.
    Yup, I find the 'worst of the worst' and 'this boss actually has an enrage?' LFR groups are always when I queue on Tuesday evening...

How bad your groups will be depend almost totally on when you queue - I find Sunday and Tuesday evenings the worst.