Thread: Lfr enrage

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Totally agree. They might not have failed at mechanics but the two of them totally failed at doing LFR. The goal is to kill the boss, not bore 23 people to death.

At least everyone else had a few minutes to discuss the wisdom of staying out of the purple circle, take a bio, go get a slice of pizza out of the fridge, check email, et cetera.
    May have been annoying to the others but it reminds me of a story...

I remember doing 25 man naxx pug and only me (bear tank) and a resto sham managed to do the saftey dance on heigan. Tank and heals. Needless to say we had next to no DPS And since it has no enrage it was like 30 min. Half the raid just left. The ones that stayed said it was like watching the superbowl in overtime and we got the biggest applause when heigan finally died. It was probly my favorite moment in my wow career.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

I've hit enrage a few times. Usually it's not because the whole group is bad. It's because there are like 7 players who are good enough to keep the raid going even when most of the raid die to something stupid. Sometimes the fight actually becomes easier when all the bad players die, but you just don't have enough DPS left to kill the boss. Garalon was pretty hilarious when pretty much his entire room was covered in yellow by the time he enraged.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    May have been annoying to the others but it reminds me of a story...

I remember doing 25 man naxx pug and only me (bear tank) and a resto sham managed to do the saftey dance on heigan. Tank and heals. Needless to say we had next to no DPS And since it has no enrage it was like 30 min. Half the raid just left. The ones that stayed said it was like watching the superbowl in overtime and we got the biggest applause when heigan finally died. It was probly my favorite moment in my wow career.
    I remember my guild had something like a 50 min Anub'Rhekan kill in Naxx40. There was a weird bug in early Naxx where if you tanked him in certain areas, he would evade to full. He kept evading to full and my raid leader was too stubborn to call a wipe on a fight we were clearly able to beat. So we kept at it. It was pretty epic when he finally died. Lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    had like a 12 minute garalon, the entire floor was covered in yellow. ended up still killing him...
    Yeah, this seems to be more frequent - but hitting an actual enrage timer? lol.
    They are so ridiculously long on lfr.

I once mistakenly queued alone for Terrace and was graced with the opportunity to witness Lei Shi's enrage timer...

And that's why I don't queue alone anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    You must not have done any LFR's when the raid finder for Terrace first hit then, was kinda staple of it for the first week or so
    I've had the opposite effect. The first weeks of LFR, all the Pro raiders where in there and I got some of my best times. Once the pro raiders hit heroic modes, they stopped coming to LFR and the groups have become progressively worse. I've hit enrages on Tsulong and Lei Shi. thought some groups it's not been so much enrages, just adds over run us in Will of Emp or all the healers OOM, tanks die wipe follows about 10 mins in.

Curious to see how things are going to be in 5.2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Lfr ToT on the ptr is horrible atm. If it will be the same on live realms...have fun. :P

I had a group that hit enrage on Tsulong AND Lei-Shi, what should've been a 45 minutes ToES LFR turned out to be 2 torturous hours

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Lfr ToT on the ptr is horrible atm. If it will be the same on live realms...have fun. :P
    PTR LFR never goes live. They tune it up to essentially normal to see what a random group can't handle, then they nerf from there usually in the last build or just on live.

Hitting Tsulong's enrage in LFR is entirely possible if DPS is generally average for a random group and none of the healers understand how the day phase works.

Further complicated if only two of your six healers are actually healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Because gear is 502, some trinket procs are ridiculous, you'll be able to get rep for bosses you didn't kill in N/H, and you'll be able to get progression for the Legendary, the first month or so should still have plenty of high-end Normal mode raiders and low-end Heroics, possibly even some of the better Heroic players if they want certain things badly enough.

I'm 9/16HM and will probably be running it for most of the first month I'm betting, depending on how fast we get Normal mode down and how efficient we are with our 3 hour 2 night schedule.

hit the enrage on tsulong le shi.. feng.. empress.. almost on elegon having some dps doing 10k or 20k with the 100% dmg buff in place..

i remember back on warmaster blackhorn we hit the enrage a few times.. no1 stand in the circles and 4 people are left trying to take down the boss+adds.. so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I was in a group that took close to 2 hours for the front half of MSV today if that counts.
    But it's all relative, right? How many random troll 5-mans did you run where the trash reset? Sadly, my answer is "a few."

Deleted
    We hit the enrage on Lei Shi the night before the reset. I was initially confused what was happening as I've not seen it before. I think part of the problem was that few people had (or at least used) abilities to flush him out during hide.

I've heard the enrage on Garalon in LFR has been postponed or even removed - it's common for DBM to warn about it, but I always tell people to keep going as DBM is lying and I've not been proved wrong. (Strangely that fight seems to get easier on LFR when most of the raid is dead, perhaps as then the healers can keep the survivors up.)

Ive hit enrage on Protectors. That was painfully long.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    (Strangely that fight seems to get easier on LFR when most of the raid is dead, perhaps as then the healers can keep the survivors up.)
    Weirdly true, because the damage the raid is taking is proportional to the number of people alive. Once the herd is thinned a little it's not so bad.

Also it goes better once the guy whose life's mission is to stand in the purple circle and poke the bug in his belly is finally dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I reached enrage in LFR was on protectors. Half the group managed to die before the first guy went down, the rest died at some other point. I just solo'd the boss as long as I could (figured I might as well solo the bastard because I could), turns out there was an enrage after some 15minutes or something. Atleast I had the enjoyment of laughing at everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    The only time I reached enrage in LFR was on protectors. Half the group managed to die before the first guy went down, the rest died at some other point. I just solo'd the boss as long as I could (figured I might as well solo the bastard because I could), turns out there was an enrage after some 15minutes or something. Atleast I had the enjoyment of laughing at everyone
    The really bad thing is...a while ago, we managed to nearly reach Protector's enrage - while not a single player was dead.
    It's quite nice when more than half of your group sits at <30k dps.

Yeah we were being jerks because they wasted our time by constantly standing in purple ring and not doing their part... Did it in anger and frustration, we didn't really care about being kicked since guild raid was starting anyways and a wipe and run back + trying to kill (with a massivly failing group) would've went past guild invites.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Soooooo just hit the enrage timer on tsulong in LFR, 16min fight.....anyone else ever been in such a terrible grp?
    At least it seem like you had great healers. Poor healers, suffer so much.