Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You are disputing their arguments without ANY idea how D3 will function on consoles btw so you could at least hold your horses until you actually know something.
    And people aren't LIVID about it because they don't give a crap. Online only is a nonissue for a lot of people same as the devs releasing it on another platform 2-3 years later with whatever the community wanted at first release implemented. Guess next game should be released on consoles so the console players feel slapped in the face 2 years later on the PC release.

Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    You are disputing their arguments without ANY idea how D3 will function on consoles btw so you could at least hold your horses until you actually know something.
    And people aren't LIVID about it because they don't give a crap. Online only is a nonissue for a lot of people same as the devs releasing it on another platform 2-3 years later with whatever the community wanted at first release implemented. Guess next game should be released on consoles so the console players feel slapped in the face 2 years later on the PC release.
    People are absolutely LIVID about it, in fact the forums are a mess because of it. Online only has been a massive issue for alot of the player base and for consoles to get it is a massive slap in the face. For people who DEFENDED them about this when the developers said online only is a good thing and this game is built for it from the ground and a slap in the face for everyone who wanted it changed.

Can Blizzard NEVER lose credibility? Like here you want a quote.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/22/di...9s-not-online/

"the games not really being played right if it's being played offline"

Well that went out the fucking window for consoles didn't it. They must be made of teflon. Nothing sticks to em.

thats mad( dont you like pc version?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Well naturally the quote is incomplete. They couldn't discern what they said when they coughed into their hand, but I am told it sounded something like *mumblemumble* until it makes us *mumble* money *mumblemulmble* consoles *cough*.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    People are absolutely LIVID about it, in fact the forums are a mess because of it. Online only has been a massive issue for alot of the player base and for consoles to get it is a massive slap in the face. For people who DEFENDED them about this when the developers said online only is a good thing and this game is built for it from the ground and a slap in the face for everyone who wanted it changed.

Can Blizzard NEVER lose credibility? Like here you want a quote.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/22/di...9s-not-online/

Well that went out the fucking window for consoles didn't it. They must be made of teflon. Nothing sticks to em.
    Im sure Blizzard will do fine, even if you and the 6 other people who constantly bash them on these boards say differently.

D3 is a multiplayer game, and it will be split screen multiplayer on PS3 and 4, so no. . . they dont need an online mode. The PSN is locked down and there will be no way to "pirate" D3 on PS3, further proving they dont need constant connection. When Blizzard said "the games not really being played right if it's being played offline", they were speaking to the multiplayer experience. If you dont know that, there is nothing left to add to your Blizzard hate ramblings. GG

Thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Im sure Blizzard will do fine, even if you and the 6 other people who constantly bash them on these boards say differently.

D3 is a multiplayer game, and it will be split screen multiplayer on PS3 and 4, so no. . . they dont need an online mode. The PSN is locked down and there will be no way to "pirate" D3 on PS3, further proving they dont need constant connection. When Blizzard said "the games not really being played right if it's being played offline", they were speaking to the multiplayer experience. If you dont know that, there is nothing left to add to your Blizzard hate ramblings. GG

Thanks for trying.
    That's frankly a load. I could make the case that offering Lan is also multiplayer and god knows nobody every pirates consoles games am i right. The article doesn't state piracy as their concern and even if it did consoles aren't immune to it and frankly I could care less. They insisted that online only was how the game was built from the ground up, that it was a trading game and thus you should be online, go ahead and read the article. That all flew out the fucking window for the console version. They've lost credibility in anybody who can read and comprehend past age 12.

Thanks for trying.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-04 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's frankly a load. I could make the case that offering Lan is also multiplayer and god knows nobody every pirates consoles games am i right. The article doesn't state piracy as their concern and even if it did consoles aren't immune to it and frankly I could care less. They insisted that online only was how the game was built from the ground up, that it was a trading game and thus you should be online, go ahead and read the article. That all flew out the fucking window for the console version. They've lost credibility in anybody who can read and comprehend past age 12.

Thanks for trying.
    Can you link one example of a game pirated and playable on a PS3? Just one please. Also, link the articles that said the PS3 versions would be online only. The article you linked above is talking about the original PC release.

Keep Trying.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2013-03-04 at 05:32 PM.

Can you link one example of a game pirated and playable on a PS3? Just one please. Also, link the articles that said the PS3 versions would be online only. The article you linked above is talking about the original PC release.

Keep Trying.
    Well, most of them. You jailbreak your ps3 and you can basically download and play any game you like. There are curtain limitations using psn obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Well, most of them. You jailbreak your ps3 and you can basically download and play any game you like. There are curtain limitations using psn obviously.
    I should have said PSN, not PS3.

You cant use the PSN with custom firmware installed. So you cant really pirate anything but single player games that you dont care to update. You lose the entire ability to play games with people outside of your console. And even then, you cant pirate most new pS3 games because they require a legit firmware update that will brick your console if your not careful.

Im looking for a proper pirated game on PS3, one that allows you to play online with others. Like the BorderLands2 pirate copy that came out a month ago, it allows you to trick Steam into thinking its a legit copy and allows you to update and play online with others. Can only truly be done on a PC.

You cant use the PSN with custom firmware installed. So you cant really pirate anything but single player games that you dont care to update. You lose the entire ability to play games with people outside of your console. And even then, you cant pirate most new pS3 games because they require a legit firmware update that will brick your console if your not careful.

Im looking for a proper pirated game on PS3, one that allows you to play online with others. Like the BorderLands2 pirate copy that came out a month ago, it allows you to trick Steam into thinking its a legit copy and allows you to update and play online with others. Can only truly be done on a PC.
    Theirs lots of games I can pirate and still not play the multilpayer. Theirs lots of games that I can play offline and still pirate and not play the multiplayer. The borderlands 2 pirate copy doesn''t "trick" steam into anything. You play borderlands 2 pirate ovre a vpn.

In any event that's all irellevant. Piracy will still happen. When people pirate games theirs an understanding that you won't play it online. Blizzard didn't make the game online only to stop piracy of just the game for multiplayer purposes, they made it stop all piracy. PERIOD. If you accept piracy was their primary concern which that article I linked doesn't seem to suggest that. Offline mode in ps3 diablo completely tears apart this whole parts of the game are on server argument as all those large parts will have to be on the disc now and thus D3 will be pirated on the ps3. Man what a run around. Blizzard can't really do a damn thing wrong, you people can head cannon your way out of anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    D3 for PC is already hacked and botted to oblivion. All the good items you see on the AH? Botters who are quad boxing MP runs. Banned account? Oh i'll just buy some more with all the money I've made.

All of Blizz's arguments for DRM were cute until reality sunk in. It sucks that people actually trusted their system. It'll only get worse from here on out.

Having said that, I still think the console version will be a way better experience.

Can't care less about psn tbh. The only reason to use console is to play games that are unavailable on pc. Like Final Fantasy series. But you know, you can just wait and there will be either pc or your computer will be powerful enough to run emulator. It took me 10 years to wait until ffx will become playable on pc using emulator, but it was worth it. Good games never become old.

Diablo3 is different. First of all there will be offline mode. Which means:
    - There will be pirated version of the game on PS3.
    - There will be trainers and character editors for non-battlenet characters.
    - All the data from PS3 will be datamined and we will get exact formulas, drop rates, magic find mechanics, etc. Which is amazing news for d3 community.
    - PC pirated version will go live shortly. Most likely as a private server, using datamined information from ps3 version like monster spawns, monster stats, monster AI, etc. Tired of farming? Play on our amazing d3 server with 1000x drop rates!

That's basically summarises all that one should know about d3 ps3 release. Playing d3 from console does not look like a sane idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are absolutely LIVID about it, in fact the forums are a mess because of it.
    Just to point out what is perfectly obvious to anyone who has spent more than 20 minutes looking at the D3 boards at Blizzard, the forums are always a mess there and people are forever livid about something. If not one thing then something else. I see the same 50 people or so posting in all of the threads about it.

Using the Blizzard D3 forums as a portent of whether or not people are angry about something isn't really a serious argument. There's an outrage du jour there all the time. It's really little more now than sport which is why it's so meaningless.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

D3 is a multiplayer game, and it will be split screen multiplayer on PS3 and 4, so no. . . they dont need an online mode.
    They would LOVE an online mode with RMAH. Unfortunately for them, (and fortunately for users) Sony would never allow a Blizz-run RMAH on the PSN.

But hey, less $$$ is still better than no $$$.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    They would LOVE an online mode with RMAH. Unfortunately for them, (and fortunately for users) Sony would never allow a Blizz-run RMAH on the PSN.

But hey, less $$$ is still better than no $$$.
    Why not? I don't particular get this line of reasoning. Sony does market transactions all the time on the PSN. I'm not sure why Sony doesn't just let it run and take a cut.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    Just to point out what is perfectly obvious to anyone who has spent more than 20 minutes looking at the D3 boards at Blizzard, the forums are always a mess there and people are forever livid about something. If not one thing then something else. I see the same 50 people or so posting in all of the threads about it.

Using the Blizzard D3 forums as a portent of whether or not people are angry about something isn't really a serious argument. There's an outrage du jour there all the time. It's really little more now than sport which is why it's so meaningless.
    I'm not sure what that's supposed to convince me of. That the game really is trash or it's community is trash? The community is what the game makes it to be. Simple saying well everyone is pissed of on the forums doesn't mean the offline only isn't a big deal to people. It just means they have alot to be pissed off about.

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    I'll say to you what I say to everyone that complains about Blizzard's DRM. If you dislike it that much don't buy anything that has restrictive DRM on it. If you bought it anyway, then that's your problem. Money talks, bullshit and complaining walks.
    Ah, the old, "If you don't like it then don't buy it" response, for when you have absolutely no ground to stand on. No matter that if you "did not" buy the game you instead get the near opposite response to opinions on a game, and its DRM, "If you didn't buy it then you have no basis for your opinion."

And people aren't LIVID about it because they don't give a crap.
    That explains the constant threads across various forums, and more unique users, than I'd ever care to count, voicing their concerns about it. Oh, wait. It doesn't.

Online only is a nonissue for a lot of people
    It's such a non-issue that absolutely no one complain during the Beta, launch and for a good portion of time post-launch of about constant server side connectivity issues. You know, except for the massive multi-forum flooding complaints that wouldn't go away. And certainly beyond that point no one has complained about their single player experience being effected by sever side lag spikes, and maintenance. Except for the constantly threads that come up about it on the main forum, and beyond to this day. And certainly no one cares about their own connectivity factoring into whether they can play a single-player version of a game that's always had a single-player mode up to this point. Except the people that still are, with enough frequency that issues with it are stilled voiced to this very day.

But, as you said, no one cares. All those people that obviously care aside. Remember, if 'you' pretend they don't exist, then they must not exist.

And, of course, when one points out the amount of people on one forum, or another, that obviously do care.. you get the eventual, "But that place is just a mass of complaining complainers that always complain about everything! Complain complain complain! If I say complain enough it will become a bad word meant to trump people with legitimate concerns all in the neat little package of two syllables! I might use a word, or a couple of words, besides complain to hide that fact!"
    Last edited by Purple; 2013-03-05 at 09:04 AM.

How many people complain about PoE being online only? For GGG is a valid choice yet Blizzard are evil incarnate if they do it?

Ah, the old, "If you don't like it then don't buy it" response, for when you have absolutely no ground to stand on. No matter that if you "did not" buy the game you instead get the near opposite response to opinions on a game, and its DRM, "If you didn't buy it then you have no basis for your opinion."
    You totally missed his point. If you complain and still buy the product the only message you give is that they should keep doing that. 12 million sales doesn't tell Blizzard their DRM is bad, quite the contrary.

How many people complain about PoE being online only? For GGG is a valid choice yet Blizzard are evil incarnate if they do it?

You totally missed his point. If you complain and still buy the product the only message you give is that they should keep doing that. 12 million sales doesn't tell Blizzard their DRM is bad, quite the contrary.
    If GGG was releasing PoE to the Ps3 with offline I'd complain. It's also hard to complain about an f2p game.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly right.

Purple: You made a mostly angry but largely principled case for why DRM is bad. But if you bought the game knowing all about it, they you either acquired your principles too late or you simply violated them to buy something you wanted. In the latter case you don't have much of a reason to complain about DRM.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 07:57 PM ----------

I'm not sure what that's supposed to convince me of.
    Not really trying to convince you of anything other than saying that people on the D3 forums are mad about something isn't strong evidence of anything. They're mad over there all the time even when they have to make stuff up to be mad about.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-03-06 at 03:57 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this exactly? I can't think of a reason why. Do consoles not have internet? Why shouldn't console owners get the quality features that come with online only? It's not fair to them really. All this time Blizzard and the fans have been telling us how amazing online only is in this day and age well consoles have internet. What's the deal here? We get the absolutely GREAT feature that is always online and connected play but poor poor console guys have to be shut out when theirs no need for them to be shut out. Their isn't a single valid reason that the console players can't have always online. Your argument that it isnt an mmo doesn't hold water to be honest because so what? It isn't an mmo on pc either and we still got the quality of online only play. The game didn't simple switch genres overnight between console and pc.

IF online only is such a great thing and Blizzard has been touting it as such for YEARS now then their is no reason that the console version shouldn't have it as well.
    Frankly, I would have to agree. It is hypocritical to release the console version with offline mode after pushing online only for PC. They would need to change their stance on the PC version as well and give people offline mode if they are going to do this, since there have been a demand for it. Blizzard's core customers are PC gamers and not giving them what they want when they are fully able to do it for console gamers does not really look good.

While I still stand by my previous statements about there being justified reasons for online only, the fact of the matter is that they don't really matter as long as Blizzard are going to implement offline mode to any version of Diablo 3.