Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Give blizz props?

Ok so the more i read these forums the less i respects some players of the game. Ive been playing a little less than a year and i bet 99% percent of what i hear about the game on forums is about how bad of a job blizzard makes this game..about how unbalanced it is..about how EVERYTHING is OP..why are we so hard on blizz?

Keep in mind im just calling this how i see it from my point of view and im not trying to make anyone mad.. Also this is mainly what i hear about pvp so thats why its in this section of the forums

We are hard on Blizz because they have the tools to make PvP much more balanced and better, but they won't/don't use them. Either because they don't know how to, or because they just allocate dev time to other things.

What exactly would make it better? They change things every patch to make things more balanced..at least from my view they do

Most of their time goes to pve of course. With an occasional bone being thrown at us pvp players.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Most of their time goes to pve of course. With an occasional bone being thrown at us pvp players.
    Well PvP never was the main focus of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrodick View Post
    Ok so the more i read these forums the less i respects some players of the game. Ive been playing a little less than a year and i bet 99% percent of what i hear about the game on forums is about how bad of a job blizzard makes this game..about how unbalanced it is..about how EVERYTHING is OP..why are we so hard on blizz?

Keep in mind im just calling this how i see it from my point of view and im not trying to make anyone mad.. Also this is mainly what i hear about pvp so thats why its in this section of the forums
    People like to complain. People LOVE to complain. With such a large playerbase, it's only natural for players to disagree on some aspects of the game; oh, and yes, there's also those who just love to complain about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrodick View Post
    What exactly would make it better? They change things every patch to make things more balanced..at least from my view they do
    One set of damage numbers for PvP and PvP areas, another set for PvE.

Just like that they can balance damage for PvP and keep it in line without screwing up the rest of the game. It has been the obvious solution to balance issues particularly the damage/control power of some classes for years now.

Deleted
    Occasional bone? You can't really make large arm-gestures when working on pvp or all the "balance" you worked so hard to reach gets thrown right out of the window because now x-y-z class have a problem dealing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    People like to complain. People LOVE to complain. With such a large playerbase, it's only natural for players to disagree on some aspects of the game; oh, and yes, there's also those who just love to complain about everything.
    There's a lot of legitimate reasons why people complain in WoW cause to put it simply, Blizzard doesn't care as long as they are making the $$$.

There's a whole lot of [citation needed] in this thread. I love how everyone knows everything about game design and what Blizzard can/cannot do easily/quickly/cheaply. Get over yourselves. Could they do better? Yeah, but don't make it out to seem like this conspiracy where it's a trivial thing and they just hate you guys, because that attitude just makes you sound like you're 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Well PvP never was the main focus of WoW.
    That argument stopped working when they came out with arenas and pushed to make wow an e-sport.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

They have a pve and a pvp dev team, Just the PvP dev team don't listen to the community, and for some reason they don't make PvP skills different to PvE skills, which they should by now!

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    That argument stopped working when they came out with arenas and pushed to make wow an e-sport.
    So true, maybe in vanilla the argument was valid, as soon as TBC and S1 hit, no...just no.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, blizzard does not know what to do with mw monks. I you look at some the changes they are making, they do not make any sense at all.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

A couple of reasons:

1) Stuff wont get fixed without people complaining about it.
    2) There are a lot of things Blizzard do awfully. They are a good company and WoW is an amazing game, but it's not perfect by any means
    3) Their balancing is awful. It takes them months to push changes that any decent player could come up with in a day... and even after months of 'testing' they still overbuff / overnerf or bring in new shit that completely fucks balance.

It's a fascinating mixture of lack of intelligence and petty insolence, people are like that.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as me you and millions of other people are the CUSTOMERS, we can and we WILL whine about anything we want.

"The customer is always right" and especially when you are the one paying in a business relationship you MUST demand more, always. It's business 1.0.1 and they know we will do such a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    This argument stopped working when wow failed at being an esport.

It didn't take off as one because its too imbalanced

They are clueless of what to do.

There are two ways to progress your character at max level. One through PvE , the other through PvP. This has been the way since vanilla. Either make it work or remove it from the progression. So no this "WOW IS A PVE GAME" bullshit is not an answer.

It's easier for people to complain about why X class is beating them in meters/beating them in PvP than actually try and be better themselves.
    Sadly valuable feedback is getting lost in all this fuss between Blizzard Defence Force and Blizzard haters on the forums, which makes balancing even harder to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Komamuris View Post
    As long as me you and millions of other people are the CUSTOMERS, we can and we WILL whine about anything we want.

"The customer is always right" and especially when you are the one paying in a business relationship you MUST demand more, always. It's business 1.0.1 and they know we will do such a thing.
    The customer can't always be right because the customers disagree about absolutely everything.

As WoW is such a massive and varied game the developers can only please most of the people most of the time, and people will pick at the bits that don't suit their personal taste, never really seeing the big picture. With the lack of an older mature audience, the understanding of other viewpoints is difficult on the average community member, but not by the developers.