Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Your damage is a little low but you can definitely kill it with good execution.

Start on the stairs up where the boss is instead of pulling him to a side. Use lust at the beginning if you haven't been. You can move to the end of the hall after the first Unseen Strike and then continue as normal. Make sure tornadoes are being placed behind the marker/future markers in a semi-circle. Pretty basic stuff, you've only done like 15-20 pulls, you'll get it soon.

We have quite some luxury on this fight considering we have 2 paladins, theres a few things I noticed going through your logs.

I noticed for one that your paladins don't use their cooldowns properly, Rabbitman is specced into Hand of Purity while Clemency is clearly the way to go, both Booff and Rabbitman use their hand of protection and hand of sacrifice way to little to protect the players with wind step on them and they generally seem to forget about using their healing enhancing cooldowns (Guardian, wings and divine favor).

The other thing I noticed is that you have alot of random deaths, some of them related to unseen strike, some of them just because people run into tornados and I think I've seen a tank death caused by getting the 2nd stack of overwhelming assault.

There are 2 major abilities that make this fight challenging (3 really, but only the combination of them causes trouble):
    1. Unseen strike, have the wind stepped player stand out of the group, theres not alot of classes that can handle the debuff ticking and a unseen strike hitting, I've seen a few deaths in your logs because of that.
    2. The suck people in whirlwind thingy (the name is lost on me), while this ability is not really dangerous itself (aslong as people move a bit closer to the boss when it's about to come) the crappy thing with this ability is the wind step debuff ticking on, because there is no other damage then that at that point its a perfectly safe moment to use hand of sacrifice on the wind stepped target (or counter the entire debuff with hand of protection)

We 2 heal it and we just tank it in the middle (moving is only annoying and causes people to be out of position faster for unseen strike and whirlwind)

Quote Originally Posted by Fellaand View Post
    So I think I may have found one of our problems, but I would like to get a confirmation we are doing it wrong. I know this is a normal mode mechanic, but unseen strike, how does that work? We have been under the impression that if we were to stack up on the tanks with the target facing the same way as the tank, we would get knocked behind the tank.

T=Tank and raid stack point
    < or > = unseen strike targets facing direction
    B= Boss

T < B (that is how we were trying to do it)

T > B (is what I believe to be correct, after watching about 30 different kill videos and reading Icy veins comment #68)
    http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...k/page__st__60

If some body can confirm either case, or a something different that would be awesome.
    Watch a video of the fight from a hunter POV and its fairly easy to understand how it works.

Off the top of my head:
    1) The boss charges to the marked person.
    2) The boss follows the marked person at 200% move speed.
    3) The boss uses the attack.

So basically, Unseen Strike doesn't care which way someone's back is facing, its all about how the person with the mark moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellaand View Post
    What were your DPS at for this? As I stated in my OP we are around 80k some higher some lower.
    Our first kill had most between 70-80k.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, I've got a general question: If we have 3 healers at range and 2 range dps in total. Can we let one person move into the melee camp and he will not be a target for Wind Walk and the Tornado Strike? Like for Subetai's arrow in MSV? Anyone has tried this?

Now as for the topic, most advice has already been given to you. We're lucky having two paladins with Clemency = 4x Hand of Protection until it's CD will be triggered.
    Best use HoP before the Unseen Strike, not before the Blade Tempest. Minor def cd's and heals are enough for the person to survive while running during the Tempest.

As a prot warrior speaking of experience, use Safeguard. It helps alot and clearly wins over Vigilance - as in the most encounters, imo.
    If a particular person is hit hardest from the Unseen Strike, Safeguard him/her before the strike. Most likely this will come from armor issues = cloth / leather.
    If a person got the Wind Walk debuff and has to move to Unseen Strike, it is often good to Safeguard that person instead.
    If you got problems healing the debuffed target during Tempest, use Safeguard on that person right after Ta'yak dragged the raid in.
    Use Safeguard CAREFULLY during P2.

Mages are worth gold because of the DoT. Just remove it with Greater Invis and Iceblock (double Iceblock if picked that talent, but I believe our mage has Greater Invis and it's just soo useful)

If my first question will be answerred with "yes you can have a range stand in the melee camp without him/her being a target of Wind Step or the Tornado Strike", then you should move as much ranged players there as you can, with 4 ranges remaining at distance.

Disclaimer: Not sure if the spell is called Wind Step or Wind Walk in english, sorry.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Every ability like that now checks spec instead of position EXCEPT pinning arrow. Every spec is ranged/melee as expected except for mistweavers are considered melee due to fist weaving. If he doesn't wind step the group you'll probably end up with a tornado there instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippo89 View Post
    First of all, I've got a general question: If we have 3 healers at range and 2 range dps in total. Can we let one person move into the melee camp and he will not be a target for Wind Walk and the Tornado Strike? Like for Subetai's arrow in MSV? Anyone has tried this?

<snip>

If my first question will be answerred with "yes you can have a range stand in the melee camp without him/her being a target of Wind Step or the Tornado Strike", then you should move as much ranged players there as you can, with 4 ranges remaining at distance.

Disclaimer: Not sure if the spell is called Wind Step or Wind Walk in english, sorry.

He'll wind step to any healer or ranged class, regardless of their positioning (exception being Monks). That means, you can't move people into melee range for better tornado control. Because you'll have tornados spawning in melee range if you do. And if he wind steps a ranged guy in melee range, all your melees will have the debuff too.

What you can do is bring more melee classes so as to get less tornado-clutter. This encounter is quite favourable to bringing a melee or two more than you'd usually bring. Though don't go all melee setup or else the few remaining guys outside of the melee clump will get wind steps too often to cover them with BoPs or other CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    The direction has nothing to do with the direction any player is facing, just your location.
    After numerous weeks of doing him, I am fairly certain that he indeed spawns in front of the targets direction. That's how I've always had our targets stand, and we haven't had a stray cone attack yet in 9 kills.