Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    I'm sure all 20 people who still play D3 are absolutely psyched about this announcement.
    My thoughts exactly

There are 2 spots on D3 story I don't like. The 20 years that took Tyrael to recompose himself, and the secret search for the black soulstone Adria was in. Took them 20 years to advance nothing on than, and then suddenly Tyrael is thrown to the ground and Adria finally reach the stone in a small group after few days, even if she had one entire cult working for her for years, beforehand.

Leah, the Death of Cain, the change of nature of Tyrael, the change of Balance between forces inside Heaven and Hell, and the unresolved issue with the Prime and Lesser Evils inside the lost Black Soulstone, while Adria run free, and the heroes embrace their Nephalem heritage, are all things that I'm dying to keep playing.

But the system they embedded it into is unbearable. Status ENTIRELY DEPENDENT of gear, and gear in a randomization system that make it USELESS 99,99% of the time, and I mean USELESS, because your characters can't survive with anything less than the optimal sets, that fall 0,01% of the time.

Again, they aren't even poor gear, It's USELESS. It's the OPPOSITE of Video-games 101, in which the greater the challenge, the greater have to be reward. Jay made the greater efforts be PUNISHED the harder. Way to go.

Offline Mode could keep the interest a little more because you could have a Jamella Editor save with this optimal gear, allowing you to experiment the game with a fitting character, so every time you feel frustrated with Battle.Net, you would try a true play with a properly status-set character in offline at your own PC, until you feel the desire to repeat that online, WITH A LADDER.

BUT NOOOOOOOO, Jay Wilson had to cash on the absolute frustration to FORCE the players to spend on RMAH. Well he successfully FORCED the players. OUT of the game.
    Last edited by Buu; 2013-02-21 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    I hope if the UI in ps4 looks better, they implement in an update for pc too. The screen shots look great atm. (UI wise).

I had some serious reservations when I first read this. I still do have some, mostly because there are loads of vital information that we don't have quite yet, like what the auction house will be like, gameplay in general.
    Also, how will offline single-player's items will be balanced? Finding a suitable upgrade through drops alone is an incredible pain, will they take that into consideration since offline won't have an auction house? Secondly, will your battle.net account be used for the PS version or will you have to create an entirely new account?
    Another thing, when an expansion does come out, will they give simultaneous releases for the PC and PS3/4?

So many questions, yet I'm still pretty intrigued. Seeing Diablo 3 in a different setting in my house may be refreshing. Nothing bad about playing it on a 55-inch TV, right?

Sweet! I can finally dust off my PS3. They just charged my $50 for a the yearly sub for my account now I can actual use it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 09:51 AM ----------

Finally have something else to play other than dark souls

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1818557...n_to_work.html

I also read in a Norwegian article that this will also be the case for D3, so apparently it can be played offline on the PS4.

Whoa! Never knew George Michael worked for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    Yeah, it's stupid for the loads of people who want to play it on a console.
    Do console gamers not have PCs? Do they not see the reviews? Do they not watch videos?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kargarok View Post
    This game was dead when they release the RMAH. All pay to win games are bad.
    Dead for you maybe, there's more players than ever playing D3 now...

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Dead for you maybe, there's more players than ever playing D3 now...
    Funny
    When people say that only a few thousand ppl remain playing D3 the fanboys cry for prove but the ones making such statements never prove anything.

I got the Annual Pass for D3 because I played D2 back in the day and even got the expansion. I was no hardcore fan like many others because i prefer proper RPGs over Hack'n'Slays but I was playing it for quite a while (still remember the bad lags around christmas time, pings of 20k+). I got bored with D3 after a few weeks and even with the changes its uninteresting for me. Personally I miss the hubs were you could talk to ppl, make new friends and I like neither normal AH nor RMAH. Like someone stated before, it feels like farming gold for the AH, not for better items.
    Since i planned playing something like Diablo with my GF i had 2 choices. Buying another D3 for her or to get 2x Torchlight II. Of cause i went with the second choice.

About Sony being hacked: Them being hacked isn't the problem, it's about user informations being stored in plaintext. No wonder people don't trust them anymore. In court it would be called "grossly negligent"...
    Last edited by Terracresta; 2013-02-21 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terracresta View Post
    Funny
    When people say that only a few thousand ppl remain playing D3 the fanboys cry for prove but the ones making such statements never prove anything.
    You dont need to bash others if you dont like their opinion.....A lot of people are playing Diablo still and no one has to prove anything to you.
    Ive been playing hardcore since release.. and i still do play.
    ~~
    About coming to ps3, its awesome news, the coop is where its at, and thats always more fun on console, will definitely play it! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Terracresta View Post
    Funny
    You mean the 'Xfire charts' they keep posting? I took a quick look, and they've got like 20-30 thousand people showing up on other titles like WoW, Skyrim, TF2 and more. I wouldn't necessarily call that 'proof' since I'm 100% sure those numbers aren't accurate. It's been a while since I used Xfire, but I'm assuming that's a log from people that have it installed and on, which the vast majority of gamers, for any game, don't. Also, it's logging most gamers on at one time, not 'userbase' in general.

I can't verify the 'height' of the population numbers for D3, I'm not certain where to even look for that myself. Maybe someone else here knows a good source. I can however confirm that the X-fire numbers are not the best thing to use to support the 'No one is playing D3' argument.

Edit: some links to their respective pages. http://www.xfire.com/games/tf2 , http://www.xfire.com/games/skyrim , http://www.xfire.com/games/fc3 , http://www.xfire.com/games/cry3 , http://www.xfire.com/games/wow , http://www.xfire.com/games/d3 .
    Last edited by Ilfayt; 2013-02-21 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    It sold well due to the previous reputation of D2.
    If D4 was released in several months from now, it would sell at a fraction at what D3 did.
    "It sold well because of" because you are the authority on sales figures amiright?

You have no idea why it sold well. I never even played Diablo 2, I was a fan of Diablo 1 and that is why I bought it. I found the game to be great - and still play it now with friends.

Just because some people - no matter how vocal - do not like it, does not mean you can throw around your opinion like fact.

I disagree with your opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Chris Metzen looks like a human version of Thrall in that picture. No wonder why people keep saying Metzen always favors Thrall, making him a Mary Sue.

As for Diablo 3, it was a terrible game on the PC alright. I'll be a good person and try to tell the console people to not ever touch that game

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Chris Metzen looks like a human version of Thrall in that picture. No wonder why people keep saying Metzen always favors Thrall, making him a Mary Sue.

As for Diablo 3, it was a terrible game on the PC alright. I'll be a good person and try to tell the console people to not ever touch that game
    I know I shouldn't stoke the furnace as you seem to have an impassioned hatred of Diablo 3 but I wonder whether or not you hate the type of game Diablo is or Diablo itself. If you hate Diablo 3 and believe it to be a terrible game why is this? Because I have played all current/modern and old action RPG's and find Diablo 3 to be par and above the others out there. Par because there is only personal preference that is between them all, and above because it is my preference being art direction, story and gameplay being more appealing to my time and desires. I see no technical reason why Diablo 3 should be "terrible" unless you hate the type of game.

Regarding Metzen - he is one of the principle lore developers, however it is known that his favourite character is Malfurion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Grabbed some tix for sunday of PAX, cannot wait to try this.

Honestly, that announcement was quite "mehhh" to me. I was like, "took them this long to announce THIS?"

I honestly think all people who would like to play D3 are already playing/already played and stopped. Maybe there are some people exclusive to consoles that might buy this, but nowadays, I don't think a person who really likes games would stick to only one platform, specially considering pretty much everyone has a PC, so PC games are much more readilly accessible.

I am more interested on what Blizzard has planned next. I am pretty sure D3 is just the first step to a much larger plan of Blizzard launching console games in a regular basis. On that I am excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    It's a updated Diablo 2 thats what most people wanted in Diablo 3 (An was over hyped by Blizzard).
    For one, it wasn't overhyped by Blizzard. It was overhyped by people who misremember Diablo 2 and how AMAZING things were. There's no doubt the game was awesome, but when people talk about things like the story or how loot was handled, they completely ignore how Diablo 2 actually was in favor of a romanticized version.

Diablo 3 on release was pretty bad, but they've fixed a lot of problems. I still don't play it, but I'm big enough of a person to admit that the game is a lot better than when I was first jaded by its mediocre release. I don't hold onto a grudge based on an entirely unrealistic expectation that players put on the game and then throwing an utter shitfit when it wasn't 100% what THEY wanted.

I like Path of Exile over D3 for one specific reason in a Arpg you're supposed to go out and farm gear
    Where does this happen in Path of Exile? I'm playing it right now and its just "Get Gemcutter Prisms" and trade them for what you want. As a matter of fact, when did "farming gear" ever happen even in Diablo 2? It didn't. You ran bots to get specific gem drops (Or SoJs back in the earlier days) to trade for other stuff. You never farmed for gear drops because it was impractical based on how item stat rolling worked.

This is just my opinion but, the way Path of Exile lets you customize and level everything takes away some of that "grindy" feel and even if you dont find or craft a upgrade you still feel like you made progress.
    I don't mind Path of Exile, but pretending that it isn't grindy is pretty amazing. Its easily as grindy as Diablo 2, and then there's the fact that if you screw up your skill tree, you either have to start ALL over again, or waste a bunch of time grinding for Orbs of Regret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Did they mention anything about retro-active activation for those who already own the game on PC? That would be sweet.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Concurrent users dropped from 300k to less than 20k within 2 months and has only been getting lower and lower.
    Where are your sources?