Poll: Do you agree about the entering of High-Elves in the Alliance as a playable race ?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    This would completely mess up Brewfest with the Dark Iron raiding their own faction.
    Not only that, but sacking the Dark Iron capitol in an instance isn't good for it either.

OT: I'm unsure. Differentiating the model from Blood Elves AND Night Elves would be hard, and I'm against them if they're going to be the same model as Blood Elves, but with blue eyes (like the ones in-game). New race = new models for that race. It's always been that way.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

when people say that high elf is night elfs, they miss on important part of the "evolution" of wow races

Tolls* evolved into the first race of elves, also knows as the highborne, when they got exposed to the magics of the well of eternety.

the highborne split into a seperate race, the night elfs as we know them today, and the remaining highborne.

after Queen Azhara had summoned the burning legion to azeroth, and the well exploded, a group of the ramining highborne fled to what later became known as tirisfall glades in the eastern kingdoms, while a few highborne ramained in what is nor Dire Maul. (Some of azharas closest followers became naga, while some highborne/nightelfs became satyrs when they swore aligiance to the burning legion).

The highborne who fled to eastern kingdoms moved from tirisfall to what is now known as Quel'thalas, because of an unknows sickness that fell upon some of them in tirisfall (some people used to think that was because of an old god under tirisfall). In Quel'thalas (or Quel'danas to be specific), they created the sunwell, that had a few simularities to the original well of eternety, and slowly evolved to what is now known as Highelves.

After arthas and the scourge invaded Quel'thalas and destroyed the sunwell, Kael'thas sunstrider renamed the surviving Highelfs to Bloodelfs, in hornor of his fallen kin. Some of the Highelfs, split off, however, when Kael'thas moved his forces to Outland at the promise of a new fel energy souce, promised by Illidan, that turned the Bloodelfs eyes green (same reason that orc's skin is green, fel energy have that effect.)

SO, the only defirence between Highelfs and Bloodelfs, atleast in apperance, is the eye colour.

The defirence between High-borne and Night-elves are small aswell, and while every "night elf mage" is actually highborne from a lore perspective, they are still seen as "nightelfs" from an in-game perspective.

However, the defirence between nightelfs and Highelfs are huge, and is not the same.

* = It is speculated that the trolls that lived near the well of eternety split into 2 factions, The Highborne, and the Zandalari trolls. This is not proved cannon, however.

The defirence between High-borne and Night-elves are small aswell, and while every "night elf mage" is actually highborne from a lore perspective, they are still seen as "nightelfs" from an in-game perspective.
    Wrong. Not every night elf mage is a Highborne from lore perspective.

I'm unsure. Differentiating the model from Blood Elves AND Night Elves would be hard, and I'm against them if they're going to be the same model as Blood Elves, but with blue eyes (like the ones in-game)
    Well prior to BC all High Elves and Blood Elves used a very terrible quality skin over a Night Elf skeleton. You can still see these abominations in the Blasted Lands (where you should put them out of their misery), but a high elf and a blood elf literally have no difference besides eye colour.

No, you talked about wrecking the lore, so i say, Eredar.
    And Illidan also.
    What?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    You might as well have said "bagels", it's equally relevant.
    So basically, High elves should go Alliance, so They basically get Blood Elves, but the Horde should have nothining return, because obviously the Horde is icky and wrong.

Adding High Elves seems like such a pointless endeavor.

What would their city or racial holding be? How will they be different to Blood Elves? How can you balance the looks of the Blood Elves basically being copy pasted for the High Elves?

It makes so sense, it doesn't seem to work and quite frankly, if you want to play a pale skinned elf, Play a Blood Elf.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    This would completely mess up Brewfest with the Dark Iron raiding their own faction.
    All you do during brewfest is kill Coren Direbrew.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 07:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mesovr View Post
    Horde pandas look exactly the same as alliance pandas. Also blood elves dont look EXACTLY like high elves. Even though their eyes are suppoused to revert back to blue that wont happen in wow for a while.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5208785474#1 Look under Mark of the Legion
    Wow, Eyecolour, totally worth wasting a new race slot for eyecolor because some people don't want to play as the big bad horde.

Deleted
    Wrong. Not every night elf mage is a Highborne from lore perspective.

Well prior to BC all High Elves and Blood Elves used a very terrible quality skin over a Night Elf skeleton. You can still see these abominations in the Blasted Lands (where you should put them out of their misery), but a high elf and a blood elf literally have no difference besides eye colour.

What?
    What what ?
    I'm saying that cause Blizzard wrecked the lore with eredars and Illidan, doesn't it seem obvious ?
    In game, we killed Illidan on black temple, but lore wise he died by the hand of Arthas near the Frozen Throne.
    And on Burning Crusade, Metzen totally changed Eredar's lore.
    No one cried about it, most of the peoples didn't even noticed it, so wrecking the lore is not a problem at all.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    So basically, High elves should go Alliance, so They basically get Blood Elves, but the Horde should have nothining return, because obviously the Horde is icky and wrong.

What would their city or racial holding be? How will they be different to Blood Elves? How can you balance the looks of the Blood Elves basically being copy pasted for the High Elves?

It makes so sense, it doesn't seem to work and quite frankly, if you want to play a pale skinned elf, Play a Blood Elf.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 07:07 PM ----------

All you do during brewfest is kill Coren Direbrew.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 07:08 PM ----------

Wow, Eyecolour, totally worth wasting a new race slot for eyecolor because some people don't want to play as the big bad horde.
    Wasting a race slot ? Rofl, numerous alliance players switched to Horde for Blood elfs, wasting a slot ? Better than nothing, High-Elves, or no new race for Alliance, since it's the only reasonnable choice for Alliance race, what do you prefer ?
    I don't want to play a pale skinned elf, to be honnest, i only want blood elfs babies to go Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    In game, we killed Illidan on black temple, but lore wise he died by the hand of Arthas near the Frozen Throne.

Erm...'lore wise' Illidan didn't died by the hand of Arthas..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna say that highelves are long overdue. Since neutral pandas have all but obliterated the "Profile" arguement against them, I'd say that a future patch will eventually contain highelves for the alliance. They'll just be a palette-swap of Belves of course, and their "capitol" will prolly be a district within SW (Nice replacement for the park perhaps?). To maintain balance, that means that the horde will have to gain access to an alliance race, and I'd wager that horde would get worgens. They'd most likely explain this lore wise through the Tauren and the Cenarion Circle, offering to help them control their ragey natures or whatever. Could even be through a questline touching on that whole "Druids of the Pack" angle. THe Horde worgens (Horgens?) would have a "capitol" in/near Thunder Bluff.
    Last edited by Urti; 2013-02-21 at 07:24 PM.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    Wasting a race slot ? Rofl, numerous alliance players switched to Horde for Blood elfs, wasting a slot ? Better than nothing, High-Elves, or no new race for Alliance, since it's the only reasonnable choice for Alliance race, what do you prefer ?
    I don't want to play a pale skinned elf, to be honnest, i only want blood elfs babies to go Alliance.
    No, not better than nothing, it's worse than nothing as it's both a reskinned Blood elf for Alliance, and the lack of Uniqueness of the Blood elves on the Horde.

It insults both parties.

The only people who want to play High Elf are people who don't want to play on the EVIL MEAN HORDE. But still want to be a pretty elf thats not purple.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    I'm gonna say that highelves are long overdue. Since neutral pandas have all but obliterated the "Profile" arguement against them, I'd say that a future patch will eventually contain highelves for the alliance. They'll just be a palette-swap of Belves of course, and their "capitol" will prolly be a district within SW (Nice replacement for the park perhaps?). To maintain balance, that means that the horde will have to gain access to an alliance race, and I'd wager that horde would get worgens. They'd most likely explain this lore wise through the Tauren and the Cenarion Circle, offering to help them control their ragey natures or whatever. Could even be through a questline touching on that whole "Druids of the Pack" angle.
    How DARE you try and make something sound Equal and fair to the Horde! For shame! Don't you know the Horde are the BAD GUYS?

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    THe Horde worgens (Horgens?) would have a "capitol" in/near Thunder Bluff.
    I know alliance hates worgen but no, you will keep them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Erm...'lore wise' Illidan didn't died by the hand of Arthas..
    Yes, he was just taking a sleep on the snow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I know alliance hates worgen but no, you will keep them.
    I play Horde. While I do have a couple of alli characters (mainly a gnome fire mage w/engineering just to go chuck bombs at stuff maniacally), my mains are all Horde.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

again, what the bloody hell does anything you say here in response to me have to do with what I was talking about? Do you just come here and rage non-sense that has 0 relevance aiming it where ever? The guy mentioned Dark Irons joining the Horde. Then "Eredar" in response. Please think before you post.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 07:31 PM ----------

What what ?
    I'm saying that cause Blizzard wrecked the lore with eredars and Illidan, doesn't it seem obvious ?
    no?
    no he didn't. You're thinking Muradin?
    And on Burning Crusade, Metzen totally changed Eredar's lore.
    ya retconned the Draenei into existence and hasn't figured out how to make them work for 3 expansions after lol.
    No one cried about it, most of the peoples didn't even noticed it, so wrecking the lore is not a problem at all.
    Wrong, lots of people complained and continue to complain about terrible retcons
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2013-02-21 at 07:31 PM.

Deleted
    again, what the bloody hell does anything you say here in response to me have to do with what I was talking about? Do you just come here and rage non-sense that has 0 relevance aiming it where ever? The guy mentioned Dark Irons joining the Horde. Then "Eredar" in response. Please think before you post.
    High Elves are extremist Blood Elves gone rogue. That is all. That is all they will remain. Asking for High Elves and then dismissing the idea of Dark Ions or Eredar or Even Worgen is just Alliance bias.

What people want is to take away a Horde race in both looks and design, And thats grossly stupid.

The Pandaren were DESIGNED as a Neutral race. Blood Elves were not.

It seems that many hardcore Alliance lovers are convinced that everyone except the Orcs is actually allied and belonging to them.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Deleted
    No, not better than nothing, it's worse than nothing as it's both a reskinned Blood elf for Alliance, and the lack of Uniqueness of the Blood elves on the Horde.

It insults both parties.

The only people who want to play High Elf are people who don't want to play on the EVIL MEAN HORDE. But still want to be a pretty elf thats not purple.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 07:23 PM ----------

How DARE you try and make something sound Equal and fair to the Horde! For shame! Don't you know the Horde are the BAD GUYS?
    Okay okay bad faith q+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    It seems that many hardcore Alliance lovers are convinced that everyone except the Orcs is actually allied and belonging to them.
    Thats exactly what it seems to me.

[/COLOR] no?
    no he didn't. You're thinking Muradin?
    It's ambiguous at best. I'm sure most people rightfully assumed he was dead. I wasn't too bummed out about it because it was never explicitly said he was dead.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Deleted
    There have been dozens of topics like this in the last couple of months ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    There have been dozens of topics like this in the last couple of months ...
    All made by roughly the same people. With the same narrow arguments.

What about Frost Dwarves? Seen about as much as High Elves!

High Elves are extremist Blood Elves gone rogue. That is all. That is all they will remain. Asking for High Elves and then dismissing the idea of Dark Ions or Eredar or Even Worgen is just Alliance bias.
    First off, Blood Elves are the "extremist" High Elves, not the other way around. Second, No it's not. Especially Worgen. Why the fuck would Worgen EVER side with the Horde? The Horde that tried to destroy their homeland, and drove them into exile. Dark Irons are already established in the Alliance under Moira.

What people want is to take away a Horde race in both looks and design, And thats grossly stupid.

The Pandaren were DESIGNED as a Neutral race. Blood Elves were not.
    I agree, if you actually stopped your tirades and read, High Elves as playable Alliance is just laziness, not because it "detracts" from your precious horde, but because it doesn't give a bloody thing to the Alliance but recycled tripe.