Poll: Do you agree about the entering of High-Elves in the Alliance as a playable race ?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    What if a united Quel'thalas came about from leaving the Horde?
    My loyalties are to Quel'Thalas and her people before any else.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-02-22 at 06:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Sunreavers deserved to be purged ! They betrayed the magi of dalaraan ! They used hospitality of the kirin tor, Cuz they could never let them in to dalaran ! At leaset it was what it seemed when incident with darnasuss happened ! It seems that 1 mage opened portal in the name of Sunreavers ! Jaina wasnt her guilt in this situation !

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 11:30 PM ----------

No you just confuse playable goblins with NPC-s. In truth they saved 9 goblin NPCs out of 10 (for example) and 1 player not 9 NPCs and every other player that made that quest. In cinematic 10 goblins was saved in total not thousands of others players who completed that quest ! The story of goblins is based on the player, on you not the other players too dont confuse those 2 .... If what u say is true, then in worgen cinematic gilneas was razed by worgen thousand and thousand f times and gilnean people continued to hunt down worgens endlessy and battle for gilneas would never happen ... umm ... that doesnt make sense
    And that's precisely why i am saying that the number of remaining peoples of a race doesn't matter for the creation of this one as a playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    My loyalties are to Quel'Thalas are her people be for any else.
    I can relate.

Yes to High Elves. I don't care if they are introduced as a full race or a sub-race/alternate race for Night Elves or Humans, but Blizzard needs to address them at some point.

And here are reasons for it:

They're an already stablished race: You don't need fancy excuses or a forced storyline to add them. They are few in number, yes, but that is represented by their rarity in-game, not by the population of players playing them. The only other race that could be added to a faction and fit naturally would be Ogres in the Horde.

They've been related to the Alliance for the whole franchise: They were part of the Alliance in Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3. They were a main race in the old Warcraft RPG books. High Elf NPCs in-game already have their own nation and were part of the Alliance even when that nation was neutral.

They just make sense: Before TBC was announced, everyone expected High Elves to become a playable Alliance race at some point. When Blood Elves were made the Horde race, they just didn't fit in the Horde. Indeed, for some people, they still don't really fit in the Horde today, thought in my opinion that has changed with the recent events in Dalaran.

They have an interesting backstory: High Elves have become very different (culturally) than both Night Elves and Blood Elves. They were exiled from their own lands by their own people for refusing to submit to extreme measures of survival. They resisted throught many hardships to remain true to their original culture and were severely punished for that. They are in search of their own future, few in number, but strong in spirit. And since Blizzard has so far not explored that backstory in the game, despite numerous ocasions (The Silvermoon Remnant faction that existed in Vanilla, Dalaran in WotLK, the current events in Throne of Thunder), making them a race would allow them to have a good story to delve into.

People want it: Just look at the poll. Almost 50% want them playable.

They can be unique enough: They share physical similarities with Blood Elves, yes. That, however, could be worked on: give High Elves slighly different models, with different hair style, skin tones and unique animations. One good example in-game is Nozdormu's High Elf form: it's actually based in the Night Elf model, but you look at it and know it's a High Elf, yet he's really different from the Blood Elves. So, make similar a model that moves has its own posture and animations, slighly different features and its own voice files, and you can differentiate High and Blood elves easily while they are still biologically the same race.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be fine with me, It would mean I got what I wanted. A united Quel'Thalas.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 01:16 AM ----------

Form you misguided view. I think Jania should be hung.
    Then tell us your TRUE story then ..

People want it: Just look at the poll. Almost 50% want them playable.
    50% is way too low percentage to make them playable. At least 70% or more is a must !
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-02-22 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If blizzard goes through with the updated race models then there is no reason that they couldn't make blood elves and high elves look distinctly different. One might argue the wowpedia page saying they are the same but blizzard retcons these kind of things without hesitation.

10+ Year Old Account
    No !

-We already have playable elves in game / the model is already used. They are the same as blood elves.

-We already have night elves in Alliance

-We don't want another ''pandaren double faction sh*t'' If you want to play a skinny male elves who look very girlish then reroll horde.
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

I'd rather alliance get a new race...I'm personally sick of elves in most fantasy settings now, damn knife-eared , tree hugging, feminine bastards.

and to the people arguing about goblin population and fitting on one boat...you obviously don't pay attention to lore. When Kezan went boom the large majority of the entire cartels (so hundreds if not thousands of goblins) got on ships to Kalimdor to set up base (Bilgewater harbor) you are on gallywix's personal ship which leaves after the others left and gets shipwrecked and yada yada when you get to Kalimdor there is already a whole harbor set up because most of the cartel arrived way before you did on gallywix's yatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the change of Alliance getting High Elves as playable race went out the window when Horde got Blood Elves. And we already got 2 playable elven races. Put something else instead, if we really need a new race. I'd prefer that they stick with updating the old ones for now though.
    Last edited by Santti; 2013-02-22 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    I'd rather alliance get a new race...I'm personally sick of elves in most fantasy settings now, damn knife-eared , tree hugging, feminine bastards.

and to the people arguing about goblin population and fitting on one boat...you obviously don't pay attention to lore. When Kezan went boom the large majority of the entire cartels (so hundreds if not thousands of goblins) got on ships to Kalimdor to set up base (Bilgewater harbor) you are on gallywix's personal ship which leaves after the others left and gets shipwrecked and yada yada when you get to Kalimdor there is already a whole harbor set up because most of the cartel arrived way before you did on gallywix's yatch.
    No, we just started this discussion because of high elves. I say there are few numbers of high elves in game to make them playable race, but another guy told me that goblins were in same situation but blizz made them playable race, which is not true a think :

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    <snip>
    I can get behind all of those ideas, mostly the though because they're already established meaning we don't have to see another instance of a race being added that never receives any new story for prolonged periods while feeling shoe horned in their factions.
    I'm hopeful that they become the new playable race, I just heavily doubt it .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    I think all races should get a traitor quest line that allows you to switch faction while keeping your same race. Say, alliance goblin or horde draenai.
    Best idea ever
    Why we need High Elfs when alliance have already Elfs...Unles blizz dint change the Night Elfs to High ones there is no point of them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I think she meant to say Blood Elves.
    High elves night elves and blood elves are all Kaldorei.

Most of the nobles of the Kaldorei (the Highbourne) practiced in the arcane arts, during the sundering a lot of them were believed to have perished but were instead transformed by the old gods into the Naga, the highbourne that did not suffer this fate made a new home north of Lordaeron and became the high elves (after Arthas and Scourge invasion a lot of these became Blood Elves, or in Sylvanas' case a Banshee)

The majority of the other Kaldorei were more into Druidism (Malfurion) or the light of Elune (Tyrande), these became the Night Elves. Ofc there are a lot of kaldorei from both who followed different paths (rangers etc etc) but that's the jist of it.

tl;dr Blood Elves, High Elves and Night Elves were once all the same race, and other than (for some strange reason) their difference in appearance should still be the same race... weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Then tell us your TRUE story then ..
    There was ones a wicked witch named Jania who captures helpless elves. One day she toke and arrow to the knee. Now she works as a guard.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-02-23 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    the highbourne that did not suffer this fate made a new home north of Lordaeron and became the high elves
    Not entirely. The survivors lived amongst the Kal'dorei for another 3000 years, adhering to the new laws of land. Some were able to squash their addiction for good and turned to traditional Kal'dorei routes of an arcane-free existence. Many many more suffered the pangs of withdrawal for 3000 years until they couldn't take it any more and unleashed a torrent in Ashenvale. Because of their numbers, Malfurion couldn't bring himself to execute them all as per law so he exiled them.

tl;dr Blood Elves, High Elves and Night Elves were once all the same race, and other than (for some strange reason) their difference in appearance should still be the same race... weird.
    Changes are confirmed a result of Diurnal living and also possibly not being Immortal and changing physically over generations.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was ones a wicked witch named Jania who captures helpless elves. One day she toke and arrow to the nee. Now she works as a guard.
    Buhahaha ! nice one for a horde player !

10+ Year Old Account
    Let us interpret the results of the poll:

• Let's keep in mind that in these forums most people are of the Horde.
    • We must also recognize that the great part of the negative response comes from the Horde, given the jealousy that this faction would have by lose the exclusivity of the elves.
    • Finally we also comment that, since we are talking about adding a race for the Alliance, the Alliance should only be allowed to decide.

Therefore, we can say without fear of error that the Alliance wants the High Elves in their ranks by an overwhelming majority. Now it's time for Blizzard to carry it out.

humans for horde as a playable race(?)

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post

• We must also recognize that the great part of the negative response comes from the Horde, given the jealousy that this faction would have by lose the exclusivity of the elves.
    • Finally we also comment that, since we are talking about adding a race for the Alliance, the Alliance should only be allowed to decide.

Therefore, we can say without fear of error that the Alliance wants the High Elves in their ranks by an overwhelming majority. Now it's time for Blizzard to carry it out.
    You forget that Blizzard doesnt give a shit about the Alliance.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post

Alliance here. I don't want them.

I was to see proof of your claim or I call bullshit