Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary Meta-gems in rated pvp

Legendary Meta-gems
    In order to further discourage the use of these in PvP, the effects are dispellable. Not all of them are Spell Steal-able because frankly some of the effects are too complex to work correctly when stolen.
    Ive seen some concerns on the forums about these legendary-gems and if they would become available for pvp or not.

It seems they will be usable in rated pvp with the reason being that the effects are dispelable.

How does everyone feel about this? Do you think its a good idea to allow these gems just because the effect is dispelable?

How much of an advantage do you think these meta-gems will bring for players who obtain them?

Discuss!

Depends on their uptime. The healing one seems like its going to be really strong though, for a free heal. I don't see dispellers wasting their dispel on this though, most are going to wait for the big cd or cc, so that change is pretty pointless imo.

While there is a 8 seconds CD on dispell and there anyway already way more debuffs in pvp than you can dispel with that CD, that change does exactly nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    While there is a 8 seconds CD on dispell and there anyway already way more debuffs in pvp than you can dispel with that CD, that change does exactly nothing.
    Offensive and defensive dispels aren't the same thing. Offensive dispels such as Purge don't usually have a cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    For a pvp'r to use the gems he has to use a high end pve helmet. The gem requires ilvl 504.
    We'll have to see how it works out tough.

Deleted
    it does do something, it makes them dispel able and spellstealable (most of them by the sounds of it anyway) and they have VERY short uptimes a lock for instance will very rarely get a proc + cast off at the EXACT right time of timing a kill, just not even worth crying over its not going to effect much majorly, low ratings? sure perhaps higher? people will just counter another thing not a big deal.

- i'm not saying i agree with it, i DON'T and it should be aloud in PvP but meh, not anything to protest about, much more pressing issues, like campaigning all expansion to NOT let legendary weapons in rated PvP play.

For a pvp'r to use the gems he has to use a high end pve helmet. The gem requires ilvl 504.
    and this, this will make you loose power and resi, its a big chunk now is the gem really going to out-weigh the pro's of the pvp helmet? i doubt it.
    Last edited by mmoc167c07865c; 2013-02-21 at 01:42 PM.

What ilvl is the tyrannical elite gear- 496? Yeah, if you have to use a pve helm, then it definitely won't be worth using to lose the pvp stats. The Tyrannical Primal Diamond will interesting depending if your class scales better with pvp power or a main stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by liljc711 View Post
    What ilvl is the tyrannical elite gear- 496? Yeah, if you have to use a pve helm, then it definitely won't be worth using to lose the pvp stats. The Tyrannical Primal Diamond will interesting depending if your class scales better with pvp power or a main stat.
    Just wait till 5.3 and 2/2 upgrade, tadaa

The reason they made the tyrannical meta gem is so that it can be balanced to be on par with the legendary meta gems without needing the legendary quest chain.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest making it dispellable is a massive mistake.
    It then becomes another buff protector for abilities that actually needs to be dispelled asap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    To be honest making it dispellable is a massive mistake.
    It then becomes another buff protector for abilities that actually needs to be dispelled asap.
    There are other problems with this aswell:
    1. Not every class can dispell.
    2. Try keeping an eye on 10 people in RBG just to dispell something that is constantly proccing, same for 5on5.

There will be certain class that this has to be dispelled on, i.e. Boomkins.

That 4 second window is going to let you get of both of your dots on a target. The dot's will carry that crit % for the duration or until updated. Every dot crit procs an instant starsurge. The starsurge crits also extend the duration of the dots so I am sure you can see where I am going with this. If not taken care of immediately, some classes will be able to burst down an entire team (exaggerating...slightly).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    There will be certain class that this has to be dispelled on, i.e. Boomkins.

That 4 second window is going to let you get of both of your dots on a target. The dot's will carry that crit % for the duration or until updated. Every dot crit procs an instant starsurge. The starsurge crits also extend the duration of the dots so I am sure you can see where I am going with this. If not taken care of immediately, some classes will be able to burst down an entire team (exaggerating...slightly).
    Now only if we were talking about the trinket instead of the legendary metagems, which for casters gives 30% haste...

Quote Originally Posted by Tronux View Post
    Well, the Elite PvP helmet is 504+ I'm pretty sure, dont think it's confirmed yet.

Considering your losing the new pvp meta and forced to use a pve helm your losing roughly 1300 pvp power and resil for a .84 ppm (correct me if thats wrong) proc for 30% haste for 10 seconds? That is a shitton of damage and survivability your losing for a good proc you can expect to get once every minute and a half maybe, and that proc can easily not pop up at a good time (like sitting in a cc when it procs off a dot or something).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Considering your losing the new pvp meta and forced to use a pve helm your losing roughly 1300 pvp power and resil for a .84 ppm (correct me if thats wrong) proc for 30% haste for 10 seconds? That is a shitton of damage and survivability your losing for a good proc you can expect to get once every minute and a half maybe, and that proc can easily not pop up at a good time (like sitting in a cc when it procs off a dot or something).
    Looking at the current ilvls of tyrannical elite gear you can use the legendary meta in the pvp-helm so we will only be losing 600ish power and 700ish resilience.
    Thats not going to have a significant effect on your survivability. Oh well.. They nerfed the duration so it might not be that big of a deal anymore.
    I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I extremely dislike this from a pve perspective. Just because of how somes MCs dispel. Would just be a huge loss of dps.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Looking at the current ilvls of tyrannical elite gear you can use the legendary meta in the pvp-helm so we will only be losing 600ish power and 700ish resilience.
    Ehh good call. Well then for certain classes that love haste like aff locks it might very well be better. I can easily see the healing one being strong for healers who have mana issues like priests since the 324 intel is only a little worse than the pvp power from the other meta. The capacitive one would have to be a pretty high damage proc considering its physical and reduced by resil to be any good.

As I posed last week: (break down on caster meta gem)

Sinister Primal Diamond- +324 crit. 30% spell haste for 10 seconds. .84 RPPM.

I believe this gem will far out stripe the new PvP meat gem given the state of burst.
    Below is my math for average up time and stat gain

60/.84 = 71.43 seconds for each proc

10/71.43 = 14% average up time

30*14% = 4.2% average haste percent gain

4.2%*425 = 1785 average haste rating gain

So on average this gem gives 324 crit and 1785 haste. Now I know some times the proc will be useless. ie you get CCed. Other times it will be golden. ie procs when bursting. This is only meant to show the statistical average.

Tyrannical Primal Diamond- +665 pvp power and +775 pvp res
    This gem is in no way bad and power, res are more useful in pvp.

However all stats listed are secondary and consider that

665+775=1440

324+1785=2109

The stat gain on the PvE gem seem much better than the PvP gem considering it is also burst stats. I believe this will be a superior caster pvp gem especially for dot casters. Welcome back to raiding boys.

Suggested Solution: Buff PvP gem stats by 50%

The pve gem will be a superior choice for most caster dps, especially dot class such as affliction locks and spriest. The gem is a free demon soul. Exact same affect.

As you can dispell the effects of the gem the PvP one should still be better.