What's the best comp and why?

I'm looking to reroll for pvp in 5.2 with some friends of mine.

one of them used to be a top disc priest in cataclysm playing enh/rogue/priest is now a mw monk and suggested I go Shadowpriest to complement him. he is indeed a multi glad.

we have access to friends who are: rogue, Warrior and hunter.

I'm tempted to roll mage, shadowpriest and maybe even shaman (enh or ele doesn't matter)

what do you guys think about it? whats the best choice in your honest opinions?

rogue/mage/healer will be good with RMP back as a top comp imo. Mages still have the control they need and rogues are getting some very nice buffs. Disc priest is always ideal for this comp but i'm sure it will work great with monk, specially since they are getting a nice disarm and some healing buffs.

Honestly mage or shadow. Monk/either of those/any of your 3 friends will make a very viable comp
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

With those classes, you'd probably want to play with the rogue--warriors are probably going to be pretty mediocre next patch, and while hunters aren't facing any real changes they're pretty much pigeonholed into playing mongoloid physical cleaves. All the classes you listed for yourself should work fine with a rogue, but I think a spriest will have the most potential. Caster/rogue comps are generally pretty skill based in general, though if you pick up that mage you should blaze through to decent ratings pretty fast by basically blowing every cd out of the gates (not sure whether that's appealing). Shaman (either spec) will probably make for the most difficult comp with the least results, but should still be viable if you particularly like shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for the best comp you need to make your monk pall reroll.
    Rsham and hpally will still dominate 5.2 with rdruids not too far behind.
    Best comp will probably be rsham+lock+feral.

But from your options;
    If you go shadow I would take the rogue.
    If you go enh/ele I would take the hunter (will land every single trap if you co ordinate w frost shock), second choice would be the warrior.
    For mage all of the options (war/hunt/rogue) works.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Well for the best comp you need to make your monk pall reroll.
    Rsham and hpally will still dominate 5.2 with rdruids not too far behind.
    Best comp will probably be rsham+lock+feral.

But from your options;
    If you go shadow I would take the rogue.
    If you go enh/ele I would take the hunter (will land every single trap if you co ordinate w frost shock), second choice would be the warrior.
    For mage all of the options (war/hunt/rogue) works.
    What? Why lock and Feral? Feral is getting pretty heavily nerfed with the Cyclone change and burst reduction.
    I would argue that OP's best bet is RMP if that MW can get back on his priest.

My friend won't get back on his priest, I'm pretty sure about it, he did not even level it yet.

Thing is, MW monks are really underestimated imo and it is often a good thing in pvp when the enemy team thinks they got this because of the ''Crappy'' monk healer and if someone can pull it its him for sure. Disc was not so great in cata either last I remember but he still managed to be highest team rating on his server (kel'thuzad alliance)

I foresee rogues being the FOTM so we will fight rogue teams. and I predict pally healers still favorites. Mage fights off rogues better but priest gives us the bubble breaker (mass dispel).

I do see where he is going with when he says SPriest complements his monk better than mage or am I missing something?

rmp and thugcleave look to be top of the mountain comps, for cc and absurd damage/openings.