Poll: Which race deserves some focus to develop there story?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say Worgen, but I feel like they haven't been in the game long enough as opposed to some of the other neglected races. My vote is either Tauren or Draenei, but I'm going to have to go with Draenei, because Baine has been getting a little love in Tides of War and some of the other stories. I'd really like to see some stuff on Prophet Velen... he's always seemed interesting to me.

There are numerous races that I believe could use a little more focus in the game. It's difficult to pick one that I think needs it the most but ill try. Here are my thoughts on the different races:

Dwarves - There are a lot of issues and tensions between the various members of the Council of Three Hammers and I would like to see this develop a bit more. Perhaps one certain leader tries to wrestle power from the others? Maybe an assassination attempt? Any developments on Magni's condition?

Draenai - We got a good glimpse into what Velen is up to in his short story and I would like to see more of this strife in game. Furthermore, if the next expansion is about the Twisting Nether Im sure he will play a central role in that conflict.

Worgen - What are Genn's plans to reunite and reinvigorate his people? Right now they are spread around the world helping the other races in the Alliance with their issues while a bunch of them attempt to hold the Forsaken from taking Gilneas. What does Genn do to try to drive Sylvannas out of Gilneas once and for all? What role will the worgen play in the Alliance aside from being the helpers of the other races? A few of the questions that I would like answer to.

Gnome - I really only put them on here because I really want a conclusion to the whole Gnomeregan issue. I feel like it's been dragging on forever. Blizz finish this off already!

Out of all of these Ill have to go with Draenai. I find the mystery surrounding Velens' prophecies very intriguing.

Actually, the thing Wrathion said: What IS the Horde? Is it an instrument of vengeance, hellbent to carve out a future for its people? Is it a refuge for those who need shelter, a commonwealth of the downtrodden, built for mutual support? Or is it an alliance of convenience, a confederacy of unlikely partners free to pursue their own agendas? This is my question to you: What is the SOUL of the Horde?

That actually made me think about it... I know there are plenty of orc lore out there but the answer to this questions will shape an entire faction's future. That's the lore I want to envolve (hopefully in a epic way)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BElf and Worgen for each side.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Honestly, every race could you -different kinds- of development.

Humans have a ton of existing characters and societies that never get elaborated on.
    Same deal with the Orcs and their clans.

Tauren... we know VERY little about them. Same with Gnomes.

Trolls need some lore besides 'we kill them!'

Worgen and Forsaken need their stuff in Gilneas wrapped up...

etc...
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Dranaei?? really.. They had an entire expansion based on their story. How about the gnomes? they have been so kicked to the curb for years the only trailer they got into was for heart of the swarm.

As others have said, I too predict a Burning Legion expansion. I believe that underneath Undercity doesn't lay an Old God, but a manisfestation of Sargeras and that Sylvannas will become a pawn in his path into Azeroth, similar to how Queen Azshara was used. This will bring attention to the forsaken and the dranaei, given Velen's history. It could potentially open doors to a Naga patch which will give some lore to the night elves and an Emerald Dream patch to share some with the Taurens as well. In any case I am hoping to see many popular names come up.
    Last edited by vanityking; 2013-02-23 at 07:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    Dranaei?? really.. They had an entire expansion based on their story. How about the gnomes? they have been so kicked to the curb for years the only trailer they got into was for heart of the swarm.
    Huh? Draenei had nothing whatsoever, even vital lore during the expansion that introduced them was given to other races, I was baffled by the fact that they don't even find out what she Oshogun is. Blizzard actually apologized for all of that at some later point. BC was and will always be the Blood Elf expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Gnomes
    A. Sand Gnomes
    2. Tauren
    3. Draenei
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Personally, I'm predicting and hoping for Draenei lore and involvement.
    Definitely needed. But the Draenei SHOULDN'T need a BL XPac to justify lore development. Settling on Azeroth, restoring Draenor, fixing the Exodar and TK, helping the NElves in Ashenvale, helping the Broken and Lost in the Swamp of Sorrows. Heck....you could even see missionaries and emissaries amongst the Horde if Blizzard wanted to go that far.

Although...thinking of Thrall welcoming emissaries who offer some quests only to have Garrosh make a lesson of the Alliance spies weakening his troops? Not sure if good or bad

Worgen? Even easier to integrate them into the story. Give them back Gilneas. Give them back Southern Silverpine. Give them Southshore and let them play out the war against the Forsaken. This is one conflict where humans cannot and should not help. Advantage should be taken. Worgen, supported by Dwarves and Gnomes in Gilneas, tasked with the containment of the Forsaken and the restoration of Lordaeron.

They don't have to succeed, but I still question the wisdom of gutting the Worgens and their integration into the game simply so that the Horde could have an equal umber of zones; that, to me, is a pitiful way to balance the game.

Gnomes? The Gnomes story does have to be that big. The recapture of Gnomeregan. The restoration - in mind if nothing else - of their people. And integration of their technology into the Alliance. And some reason why they don't use orbital weapon strikes more.

Dwarves? The restoration of Magni,the ramifications of the Council of Three Hammers, the reintegration of the Wildhammers and Dark Irons, Moiras claim to their city and people and the Blackrock invasion, rebuilding the dam and even helping with moving Menethil.

On the Horde side?

Goblins need Gallywix back. But they've been integrated into the horde. They are Goblins, and some races don't have much story need for themselves. Gnomes could be the same for the Alliance...but aren't. Maybe a questline dealing with an Alliance attempt to bribe them out of the Horde? But...if it's profitable, they're fine where they are.Other than that, various questlines to expand upon their story and that of Gallywix..but all races can use that.

Taurens need to deal with their relationship with the Horde and Alliance and building a home in Mulgore. And the Trolls need to deal with Garrosh and the fallout of Zandalari's fall. Ji and his Houjin? Why are they actually in the Horde? There is little there that should attract them and development of how they differ from the Toushi and why the Horde attracts them would be good. Overall, the Horde story needs to deal with Garrosh and it is very focussed on that and the Orcs.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-02-23 at 08:24 AM.

All of them. I don't see how any racial faction has had any lore development worthy of mention recently. Their develpment stops, at best, at level 60, and then it is on to generic-lore land in Crusade, Wrath, and Cataclysm, with Mists doing a somewhat good job of developing pandaren. So, I would want everyone to be next. Like it was in classic. Racial campaigns for all.

Draenai, for sure. No doubt if the next expansion is burning legion we will get some lore there.

And blizzard please use Velen in a expansion trailer. That beard needs to be in CGI

Second though I would say Worgen. I would have said blood elves in the past, but well since 5.1 there everywhere so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drenei/Blood elves... they haven't been touched in a while.

I am seriously surprised by the amount of people saying "Worgen"...

...There is a LOT of worgen lore already! Seriously! Go to youtube and search "But wait! There's Lore: Worgen"

You'll see just how MUCH worgen lore is already around! (Most of it in the Comics).

And same with Blood Elves! They are getting so much screen time, especially in an expansion about Pandaren...

I'd definitely say Tauren. Coming from an RP server, and a tauren guild on said server... we have... VERY LITTLE to work with. Our guildies usually end up having to make traditions, ceremonies, folk lore and such things from scraps. There is NOTHING to go on! We can't even agree on how Taurens age! We don't even have an archeology!

I will also include Draenei, though we got a lot of that in BC, and a bit more in the Archeology!

Gnome lore could be worked upon too... And there are a couple more things I want to figure out for trolls (Mostly, what the HELL is Hakkar... a really powerful loa? Would he be on par with Goldrinn, Ursol, and Agamaggan?)

OH! Just thought... I'd like to see more Quillboar lore!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sayaad, Ered'ruin, and Mo'arg, very little is known about them or their cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthstar View Post
    I am seriously surprised by the amount of people saying "Worgen"...

...There is a LOT of worgen lore already! Seriously! Go to youtube and search "But wait! There's Lore: Worgen"

You'll see just how MUCH worgen lore is already around! (Most of it in the Comics).

And same with Blood Elves! They are getting so much screen time, especially in an expansion about Pandaren...

I'd definitely say Tauren. Coming from an RP server, and a tauren guild on said server... we have... VERY LITTLE to work with. Our guildies usually end up having to make traditions, ceremonies, folk lore and such things from scraps. There is NOTHING to go on! We can't even agree on how Taurens age! We don't even have an archeology!

I will also include Draenei, though we got a lot of that in BC, and a bit more in the Archeology!

Gnome lore could be worked upon too... And there are a couple more things I want to figure out for trolls (Mostly, what the HELL is Hakkar... a really powerful loa? Would he be on par with Goldrinn, Ursol, and Agamaggan?)

OH! Just thought... I'd like to see more Quillboar lore!
    That's the problem. All the worgen lore and story is outside the game and most that outside the game lore was just to give the race some actual background.

But given that we know Sylvanas does 'something' it'd be a great time for them to have the worgen and Genn be the counterpart to that for the Alliance.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2013-02-23 at 10:03 AM.

Draenai simply because I want a Burning Legion expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren and Draenei. Maybe goblin.
    Howay the lads!

Deleted
    I voted Tauren but I knew people would be dense enough to vote Draenei, plz explain to me how Draenei lore fits into Panda-land?...

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    I voted Tauren but I knew people would be dense enough to vote Draenei, plz explain to me how Draenei lore fits into Panda-land?...
    Please explain where it said it would be this expansion.