Poll: Which race deserves some focus to develop there story?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What races deserve to have lore development next in wow?

Lets keep this as unbias faction wise as possible, since I feel it benefits both sides having developing lore for one race, opening the doors to another.

I really feel draenei, worgen, and even tauren don't get enough. these races barely get a mention outside of there starting zones.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-02-21 at 05:27 PM.

Personally, I'm predicting and hoping for Draenei lore and involvement.

We have Blood Elves working themselves into the Purge of Dalaran and Isle of the Thunder King storylines right now, and some Draenei focus would be an excellent way of helping herald a Burning Legion expansion, and there's a decent argument for that being the next expac on the docket.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Draenei
    2. Worgen
    3. Tauren

Maybe also Night Elves given how they haven't actually had any lore that makes them a respectable race for a while .
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-21 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Personally, I'm predicting and hoping for Draenei lore and involvement.

We have Blood Elves working themselves into the Purge of Dalaran and Isle of the Thunder King storylines right now, and some Draenei focus would be an excellent way of helping herald a Burning Legion expansion, and there's a decent argument for that being the next expac on the docket.
    I agree, draenei deserve that and if its a legion focus expansion who better. Though since they are alliance focus much like the blood elves are horde focus in this current event, who in the horde would be more involved storywise against the legion. I want to say orcs, given there past with the legion, but orcs get a lot more lore then other races as it is.

Deleted
    i Didnt even know gnomes had a new starting area, thats how big an impact they seem to have been given...

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I agree, draenei deserve that and if its a legion focus expansion who better. Though since they are alliance focus much like the blood elves are horde focus in this current event, who in the horde would be more involved storywise against the legion. I want to say orcs, given there past with the legion, but orcs get a lot more lore then other races as it is.
    I'm not sure who else would be the "best" fit for a Legion expansion. Obviously, I think, the 'main' faction camps are going to be involved, as always-- orcs, humans.
    I would love to see more tauren focus, personally, but I'm not sure where it fits in past Pandaria. If we're lucky, we'll see some tauren love in 5.3+.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can somebody even vote for Blood Elves after patch 5.1 and 5.2?

10+ Year Old Account
    blood elves...because demons need slayin, and in argus blood elves will be the only ones in their element...

literally have no idea what im talking about^ just spewin nonsense...
    but yeah blood elves need more lore
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Taurens, they never had much lore in the game itself.

Definately more taurens development, they barely matter outside Mulgore. Baine barely does anything, and Cairne never DID anything in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    How can somebody even vote for Blood Elves after patch 5.1 and 5.2?
    Yeah.

In addition to them, Worgen, Draenei and Night elves.

I disagree with the entire concept, however, of privileging some races with new lore and ignoring the rest for all eternity. Each race should receive an update per expansion to bring it in line with the new expansion. Blizzard has lore writers, let them earn their keep.

The whole "it's all about humans vs green h... orcs" thing also needs to be dropped. In a game with 13 races, many of which have richer lore than either of the two "main" races, why should it all center around them?

I am glad the blood elves finally got some new, semi-decent lore to make up for Kael'thas's death, but I hope it doesn't stop there. Although I note many races got lore updates this expansion. They will be especially relevant in a Legion expansion. Aside from a rather insignificant spat, they were scarcely significant in WOTLK, where you'd have expected them to be given the fate Arthas bestowed upon their realm.

Deleted
    The draenei as the tbc lore centered almost only around the blood elves and kinda ignored draenei. Though if they implement a burning legion expansion again, argus might be the new planet added which for sure has a lot of draenei lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei. I feel really bad for their lore right now. It's pretty piss poor.

Draenei, Worgen, Goblins, Gnomes, Tauren and Dwarves all need some love, it'd also be nice to see the Undead story develop more.

10+ Year Old Account
    worgen and space goats every other race has been in the spot light >.<

Deleted
    Draenei and Dwarfs! I really love both races, not much to brag about lorewise from their races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    blood elves...because demons need slayin, and in argus blood elves will be the only ones in their element...

literally have no idea what im talking about^ just spewin nonsense...
    but yeah blood elves need more lore
    Nonsense?
    Lor'themar and the Blood Elves are one of the key races during the 5.1 storyline particularly with the Purge of Dalaran and Lor'themar's objections with Garrosh. 5.2 is also giving us a new Blood Elf faction and supporting story which further deals with Lor'themar and Garrosh. We've also got Blood of the Highborne being set for later this year.

MoP is giving Blood Elves a truck load of story.

Draenei and do I dare say it gnomes, yes these guys seriously need some lore.

definitely tauren. draenai wouldnt be bad.

i certainly dont need any more goblin or worgen garbage.