Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto druids in 5.2

Hello everyone. I havn't played the PTR yet but from what I've been hearing resto druids are going to be on the bottom for healers. Does anyone know if this is true or is it still too early to confirm this?

I dunno if this post should be here or in the Druid forum.

But I know cyclone is getting a significant nerf in 5.2 I dunno exactly what else. Mistweavers, resto shaman and holy paladins are supposed to be the best in 5.2 from what I hear.

Deleted
    what cyclone nerf?

You don't have to "hear" about it. You can go read about it.

The nerf to Cyclone is a cooldown for feral. That's all.

Overall, resto healing is getting a moderate buff for 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeyy9 View Post
    Hello everyone. I havn't played the PTR yet but from what I've been hearing resto druids are going to be on the bottom for healers. Does anyone know if this is true or is it still too early to confirm this?
    What are you talking about? We are already at the bottom

Made by Visenna, TY<3

For anything short of very competitive 3s, RDruid will be fine for 5.2 PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by RinTinTin View Post
    what cyclone nerf?
    Feral get 30 secs CD on it, but the gloves gives +2 seconds to the duration for all druids, i think.
    Not a resto nerf for sure.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Feral get 30 secs CD on it, but the gloves gives +2 seconds to the duration for all druids, i think.
    Not a resto nerf for sure.
    Gloves were changed back to +5 yards for balance/resto.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    i think its 2 sec duration for all druids baseline and 5 yards in gloves

are we talking pve or pvp?

Deleted
    we're getting some buffs in pve... but still not sure if thats gonna make us any good, if ne thing it'll just put us on par with the other healers.... altho the nerfs to disc priests should also help our numbers a bit

its not that we're weak... but more than other healers can just heal faster and more effectively, eg do less over healing

off the top of my head:

10% healin to everything
    mushrooms can store healin and heal liek 1.2mil i think in total? (when rejuvs overheal)
    displacer beast doesnt active prowl ne more, it gives speed instead (i see this as a pve buff)
    rejuv mana cost lowered (so be about wot it is atm w/o 2 set)
    our 2nd teir talent heal.. forgot name is 100% more.. but probably still wont replace natures swiftness cause its another 3 tick HOT that will likely overheal

think that was it

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Gloves were changed back to +5 yards for balance/resto.
    Ah.
    ptr notes still said the other (Still does), but hasn't been updated since 19th, so might well be it's changed back.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    10% healin to everything
    mushrooms can store healin and heal liek 1.2mil i think in total? (when rejuvs overheal)
    displacer beast doesnt active prowl ne more, it gives speed instead (i see this as a pve buff)
    rejuv mana cost lowered (so be about wot it is atm w/o 2 set)
    our 2nd teir talent heal.. forgot name is 100% more.. but probably still wont replace natures swiftness cause its another 3 tick HOT that will likely overheal
    Mushrooms irrelevant for PvP.
    Displacer Beast is a PvP nerf. You're dumb if you use it in PvE.
    Rejuv mana cost lowered is a replacement for the set bonus we're losing because Blizzard realised we need it.
    Cenarion Ward buff completely irrelevant. NS still incredibly much better both in PvP and PvE.

So for PvP:
    Displacer Beast nerf.
    10% healing increase.

Won't really change our position in PvP much. Viable, but extremely susceptible to swaps and burst (outside of ToL). It's the HoT model of healing that gives us this problem, and HoTs ticking 10% harder won't change the fact that we're HoT healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    In what way are you dumb for using Displacer Beast in PvE?
    It was actually extremely good on some fights, if you knew how to use it.

I'm looking forward to 5.2 it will be fun figuring out how to use the mushrooms in the best possible way plus the overall 10% healing is nice too

Displacer Beast Is awesome for any number of pve situations even with the stealth activated.

Heroic Lei Shi on protect phase. As a resto druid you get the aggro 9 times out of 10 on anything that isn't cc'd instantly 1 displacer and your home free.
    Heroic Spirit king you can blink right through the reinforcements.
    Heroic Bladelord you can skip the last tornado or use it running to the 2nd side on the air platform or idiot proof when he does his vortex
    It's good for a quick getaway when you get focues on empress
    Breaking chains on stonegaurds
    getting out of the raid on feng
    On a lot of fights its enough to buy you a second or two to breathe even if you fuck up.

All of these uses actually get better with the speed increase so yea its a small pve buff

Only negative to having this ability I have seen comes on Vizer when you get mc'd and you blink away and stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Mushrooms irrelevant for PvP.
    I used to spec 15% speed. Then I speced it because of PVP. I tried it in raid and I love it.
    Now I'd say if you don't spec Displacer Beast you're dumb.
    Most of the time when you want to get out of something the "burst speed" provided by DB is superior to the passive 15% movement speed.
    With the change in 5.2 it would jsut be better(for PVE).

I'm liking the buffs, mushrooms will be interesting as I'm sure I'll be shouting more at my raid when we need to stack up for the bloom! =)

In 10s, I think druids are doing pretty good - I'm on par if not beating our holy paladin and shaman, I'm guessing the big issues are in 25s.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzang View Post
    I'm liking the buffs, mushrooms will be interesting as I'm sure I'll be shouting more at my raid when we need to stack up for the bloom! =)
    in 10s they should heal stacked raid for about 80-90 k per target, in 25s for 60-70 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    in 10s they should heal stacked raid for about 80-90 k per target, in 25s for 60-70 I think.
    Your 10 secs estimate seems way generous.

80-90k per target is assuming fully charged yes? That means you would have to do 600k of rejuv overhealing in 10 secs to fully charge the 3 shrooms to 450k. Yeah i don't see that happening in 10 secs :P

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Your 10 secs estimate seems way generous.

80-90k per target is assuming fully charged yes? That means you would have to do 600k of rejuv overhealing in 10 secs to fully charge the 3 shrooms to 450k. Yeah i don't see that happening in 10 secs :P
    I think he means 10s as in 10 man, and 25s as in 25 man.