Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Gnosis and Kil'jaeden's Cunning

*This is probably the wrong place to post this thread. However, as far as I know, we are the only class to be effected by this.

I use Gnosis as my primary cast bar. Occasionally, when I start a cast while moving or move while the cast is underway, the player cast bar itself disappears. This occurs with both direct casts and channeled spells, such as a Malefic Grasp. Obviously, I want to use gnosis over quartz due to it's greater accuracy, and while this issue is not huge, it can get pretty annoying.

As far as I know this issue does not effect other classes such as Mages when they use spells which can be cast while moving, ie. Scorch.

Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, found a work around.

Cheers.

I have experienced this. Hasn't proven to be a huge problem, tho -- I can still tell just visually if I'm casting or not, and by the time that first cast/channel is done I'm still again.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I use Quartz and have noticed the same thing. Not all the time, just some times.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

yes this happened for me while using gnosis, then later when i tried quartz. went back to using the elvui built in castbar that never has this problem

Castbars (aptly named) is a nice replacement for gnosis if you don't mind switching. http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/castbars

Never ran into an issue with KC and movement. Or ElvUI default as the guy above mentioned.

And it shows the channel ticks correctly? Because of all the castaddons i tryed in the last months, only gnosis shows the ticks 100% right all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    yes this happened for me while using gnosis, then later when i tried quartz. went back to using the elvui built in castbar that never has this problem
    That's because the elvui castbar doesn't actually work with channel ticks <.< Might as well use default

(The ElvUI castbar does display ticks for the first cast, but if you cast it consecutively, clipping the last tick the following cast is supposed to have 5 ticks that are differently placed. This is where ElvUI's castbar loses its purpose. It doesn't have this function)

Gnosis does it right, but has this defect. If it was a serious problem I'd set up a tellmewhen tracking my malefic or drain soul, so I can atleast make sure that I'm casting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post
    *This is probably the wrong place to post this thread. However, as far as I know, we are the only class to be effected by this.

I use Gnosis as my primary cast bar. Occasionally, when I start a cast while moving or move while the cast is underway, the player cast bar itself disappears. This occurs with both direct casts and channeled spells, such as a Malefic Grasp. Obviously, I want to use gnosis over quartz due to it's greater accuracy, and while this issue is not huge, it can get pretty annoying.

As far as I know this issue does not effect other classes such as Mages when they use spells which can be cast while moving, ie. Scorch.

Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, found a work around.

Cheers.
    If you're using Dominos, disable the Dominos Castbar portion of the mod. If you're not using Dominos, it is probably one of your castbar mods that's interfering with Gnosis. Hope that helps, cheers.

Source: Had the same problem.

Deleted
    I reported this long ago to the Gnosis's developer.

What happens is this:

AFTER you use a soulburn + soulswap macro, the FIRST TIME you move during a cast time or channel time, the bar will disappear for the remaining of that specific cast or channel. It only happens ONCE after each soulburn + soulswap, and it can happen on your 5th cast if that's the first cast during which you start moving.

It doesn't even have to be a soulburn + soulswap macro, using soulburn + soulswap manually right after each other (you have to be fast enough tho) will also bug it. A castsequence macro might work, havent tried it.

Quartz has the same problem, castbars works great.