Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We wiped on Garalon's LFR pre-nerf. After the first two times, myself and a guildie figured out the pheromones, but then we didn't have enough DPS, and after a few hours of trying, the group fell apart.

Also, Madness, when it first came out. LOTS of fourth platform wipes. I think it took like 3 hours for me to kill Madness the first time. >.< I remember my guildie going in after me and getting the achievement before I did, and I concluded I just got a horrible group.

Other than that, no wipefests. And I'm not counting player-initiated wipes that are caused by assholes HoPing tanks or life gripping over the platforms in madness or whatever.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

I've seen wipes happen in LFR. It is rare but it does happen.

What happens a lot: Trash has just been cleared, while draining mana of the healers cause people stand in shit or just generally get a lot of raidwide damage. Then someone pulls the boss right after. No mana for healers, dead tank. Yells go back and forth in the raid - people leave. Fresh people get in - we move on.

But mostly it is because the tank is actually in dpsgear or very much undergeared (has crafted epics in his bag that he isn't using to gain access to LFR). And thén starts blaming the healers to avoid getting kicked. Lots of yelling back and forth - tank leaves and fresh people get in - we move on.

Deleted
    Most of the people who die to the floor boss at Elegon do so on purpose so they can afk without some damage meter nazi calling them out.

Garalon lfr, before they nerfed crush.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Me personally no, why because If there is a wipe I don't stick around for another. Its LFR FFS if you cant figure out loot pinatas then you should just stop all together.
    This attitude is the reason this games community is so terrible, people not having the slightest bit of patience and just leaves after one wipe. This kind of attitude is not limited to LFR and happens a lot in normal pugs as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garalon LFR pre-nerf and Will of the Emperor with noobtanks, yes.

WotE being the worst. They try to tank the mobs together or just stand still during the Devastating Combo, getting 3-4 stacks with their blue gear and get killed.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

all these people saying not really,, boggles my mind

you must not be experiencing all the lfr I do every week. Every single one there is at the very least 6+ wipes up to 2hrs of wiping....

ALl from tanks not doing jobs- 2healers healing, others refusing to. etc etc

Deleted
    Windlord ,no cc's , 5 priests , not a single dispell even after being told several times.
    i left after the 3rd wipe ....

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    This attitude is the reason this games community is so terrible, people not having the slightest bit of patience and just leaves after one wipe. This kind of attitude is not limited to LFR and happens a lot in normal pugs as well.
    I leave after one wipe if i see the group is really shit , been raid(lead)ing for long enough to know when something is not going to happen, in a guild grp i can deal with that , with pugs i'm just not going to waste my time ^^
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2013-02-22 at 10:21 AM.

Once I've been in a LFR that wiped about 10 times on Deathwing (madness). It was horrible. This expansion I think there was one time we wiped 3 times on the empress, but usually all the runs are wipe free. The most difficult boss seems to be the serpent dude and Garalon. For some reason not getting into a big circle and periodically going through a beam of light is fucking rocket science for a lot of people

15+ Year Old Account
    Garalon is always fun in LFR. same with garajal. It's quite some time ago, but I wiped 3 times each on those in one LFR run.

btw, garalon is quite easy with not passing pheromones. it only stacks to a max of 20, and if you don't have half healers AFK and the other half blue/green geared and no clue what to do, it is quite easily manageable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back during Dragon Soul, wiped 8 times on blackhorn. Yes 8 EIGHT times on blackhorn. On LFR difficultly. Yes just gather your mind, calm down and breathe. But it did happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Most of the people who die to the floor boss at Elegon do so on purpose so they can afk without some damage meter nazi calling them out.
    It's mind boggling just how many people intentionally kill themselves in LFR so they can afk and do something else. Like I've scene people intentionally jump into the hole or stand in those walls from the beacons so many times elegon. Nothing I can do about it though so I just laugh and dps away. Someone has to do the carrying.

I've only wiped twice in LFR's in MoP (One Will, one Tsulong). Way less then in DS. Some DS bosses the group would wipe 3 or 4 times. I've learned to mention the major mechanics in chat for the first few weeks a fight is out and it seems to go a lot smoother. That way at least the 10 people that aren't afk know what the hell they are doing.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    ToeS is good for that, when the tanks do not know how to handle the bosses. Tsulong, breath in the group, they do not taunt. Lei Shi, they do not taunt. Sha, they stand outside the golden circle. Yes, it is absolutely possible. Mostly because of bad tanks.

Deleted
    Will of the Emperor is getting quite hard now, on LFR. A raid even dissolved late one night last week - once it gets much past 11pm, if all the healers bail, it's unlikely to get enough replacements. I'm not sure exactly what's going on - it's not (always) the tanking, as I was tanking and dancing fine (admittedly, it's rare to see other tanks get opportunistic strikes).

I think it's a fight that puts requirements on everyone. (In that sense, I think it's a great fight). If there is enough under-performance, it's not something a few players can power through. If dps is too bad, adds will eventually overrun the raid. If the healers are too bad, too many people will die in the gas phase. If the tanks are too bad, healers will run out of mana or combat rezzes.

Sure, usually starts with someone complaining about someones play. Then the person getting the beating over their play proves they are cool and chain pulls all the trash and the boss before bouncing. Usually a tank or healer since they can get back into an LFR pretty quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in Dragonsoul days when people had the "DERP faceroll" mentality on Madness, ignoring the blistering tentacles which led to those alive tentacles ultimately overwhelming the raid
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-02-22 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    So yeah, the most powerful bosses in LFR are arrogance and ninja-pulling.
    We dont have one right now but dont forget about that elevator boss!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Back in Dragonsoul days when people had the "DERP faceroll" mentality on Madness, ignoring the blistering tentacles and which led to those alive tentacles ultimately overwhelming the raid
    what about all the tanks who didnt know fading light on ultraxion... still gives me shivers to think doing that in lfr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    what about all the tanks who didnt know fading light on ultraxion... still gives me shivers to think doing that in lfr
    I admit not knowing of it BEFORE the boss came up so I asked the other tank. Don't see why others can't ask for help either :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure have. Most of the time though, everything goes on without a hitch. Every now and then though, one happens. Hell, had a wipe on Sha of Fear the other day.

And after the rage quitting "I'm too good to die in LFR!" pricks leave, I get back up, and go at it again until the boss is dead.

The slime guy in DS currently holds the record at 3 wipes before he died. Was very satisfying when my stuff dropped and I won it over all the thieves who try to need -> trade everything.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2013-02-22 at 12:44 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)