Disengage Blade lord HC on Blade tempest

Hello there.

Since I went casual a few months back I ended up in a friends guild where the most people aren't that amazing as a gamer, but right now we're progressing on Blade lord hc and I got a question about the Blade tempest; As a hunter, could you move away further away from the boss and then disengage in the air w/o getting inside the spin?

Our hunter seems to have problems getting out of it which in my opinion is understandable since he's a clicker and a keyboard turner. But still, is this possible to do?
    I'm a kittycat

Yes, disengaging during the pull works and it pretty much negates the mechanic for hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreld View Post
    Yes, disengaging during the pull works and it pretty much negates the mechanic for hunters.
    As I thought then. Thank you very much.
    I'm a kittycat

Yep, disengage, pick one direction or the other and strafe in that direction instead of walking with your back to the boss so your character can still attack.

Deleted
    As far as I remember you can't disengage in mid air, you have to wait until you land. Just have him pick posthaste so even if he disengages too early (it can happen) he has a 60% speed buff to get out. You just can't be hit as a hunter with that talent.

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    As far as I remember you can't disengage in mid air, you have to wait until you land. Just have him pick posthaste so even if he disengages too early (it can happen) he has a 60% speed buff to get out. You just can't be hit as a hunter with that talent.
    You can disengage mid air and 95% of the time it will work correctly. The other 5% of the time you just stop moving towards the boss, but don't go backwards.

One time I was doing some attempts on Blade Lord 10m heroic. I Disengaged mid-air but I continued to move towards the boss, but I retained my 60% movement speed. My guild also noticed, only on 10 man Blade Lord, that his Unseen Strike is buggy as hell. With 9 people damn near perfectly stacked for it, only 3 people take damage and get killed.

I haven't had too much luck doing it midair, I usually waited until my guy landed on the ground.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

just make sure you use a stopcasting macro for disengage. I'm not sure if it works if you are already casting cobra/steady

You can even wait to fully land on the ground when pulled in to disengage and you will be fine.

I wish my "casual" guild was working on heroic HoF. My servers hardcore guilds are barely there lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cidis View Post
    You can disengage mid air and 95% of the time it will work correctly. The other 5% of the time you just stop moving towards the boss, but don't go backwards.
    This is correct, it works most of the time, sometimes it just does nothing and idk why, usually I stand around 20 yards from the boss and use disengage while sort of in the middle of the pull, that way it has the best success rate for me

For me works 100% correctly when you land aftrer pull. And just after you land on ground use disengage (+posthaste).