Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Motorcycle Chat Thread

Hello my fellow mmo-champs! I wanted to start a thread where we could talk all things about motorcycles. Sport bikes, touring, cruisers, scooter, mopeds, you get the idea. Perhaps you are thinking of getting a motorcycle but your not sure what to get? (example: Should you start off with a 600 or a 250, or something smaller) Maybe you already have a motorcycle and would love to show it off, this thread is for you! Lets just talk all things that pertain to motorcycles.

Chatting Ideas:
    -Modding your motorcycle (physical appearance or mechanical)
    -Racing
    -Tips for beginners
    -General talk of motorcycles
    -Motorcycle gear
    -Other things that I may have left out!

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 06:47 PM ----------

I'll start. I just purchased my very first motorcycle 2/20/2013. I've never rode on anything like it before and didn't have a clue how to even ride one. I am so far am enjoying it, and actually got my permit today! It's a Ninja 250r, and while I really do love it, I'm not a fan of the choke or the yellow pin strips on it. I plan on changing the levers to adjustable levers so its not so uncomfortable. My hands are kinda small. I also plan on getting rid of the yellow pin strips, and doing some red detailing on my bike and a new exhaust system. Perhaps a yoshimura. I really like the sound of it, but I'm also kinda digging the sound of the bike without anything special on it :P

Last edited by Usako; 2013-02-21 at 11:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If a Ninja 250 were fuel injected, I would totally buy one, but alas, I don't have the time/patience to sit around for 4-5 minutes in cold mornings before I can go to work.

That alone is pretty much the sole reason I'd buy a 600 over a 250

Also, because god damn, is this a sexy bike

"I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

They actually have a 300 ninja, that is fuel injected. Came out this year (2013 models) to replace the 250's. I really wanted one but I just didn't have the money for it. The 300's is Kawasaki's answer to Honda's CBR 250. Its a really nice bike too.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Pro...?scid=6&id=717

That is a really nice looking bike though! I wish I could get something bigger than a 250/300 but I'm so short even my feet barely touch the ground on a 250. I tried sitting on a 600 but my feet didn't reach at all! I do hope one day I could own a Ducati, but I'm not sure if my feet would reach the ground on those either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mmm, that's sexy. I always wondered why somebody didn't have an option for a fuel injected small bike. For people like me who don't want the hassle of a carb, it's a huge turnoff for the smaller bikes. I may consider that if I do pick up a bike sometime
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Mmm, that's sexy. I always wondered why somebody didn't have an option for a fuel injected small bike. For people like me who don't want the hassle of a carb, it's a huge turnoff for the smaller bikes. I may consider that if I do pick up a bike sometime
    You should! The meters/dash (not sure what else to call them :P) is updated as well on the Ninja 300's. Its almost all digital from what I can tell. You can also get a model with ABS. I really wanted a 300 so bad :P I thought it would be a better of a bike for me to learn on since I wouldn't have to fool around with a choke, and better brakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think i join in on this subject! I shall soon start with taking my license so i can be out riding this summer! my dad and one of my sisters got their license last year and i would like catch up.

As for bikes my sister and father is Triumph ppl and i am not.

I Shall get a Yamaha XT 660 X Motard myself, pref around 04 - 09 model that i find with the right price and low milage. picked this bike model for it is a Yamaha = Runs day and night with no problems, it is also EFI, that is a must for me!

My goal is to have fun and such around my home area, btw this is in Sweden!
    I am not a rookie when it comes to bikes since have had Dirtbikes and Trials! Loving to do Wheelies!

If you wana look for a crazy dude that knows how to have fun on a motard look for TheGardenSnake youtube! he's crazy but in a cool and fun way!
    Last edited by Clockworks; 2013-02-25 at 07:37 PM.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

That bike looks like it may be a bit uncomfy to sit on and ride on for a long ride. I've never sat on one myself, so let me know how it rides! It does look like it would be fun to rid none the less.

About you license can't you get a permit for a bit and be able to drive around? I live in the US, specifically Kentucky, and we can drive around on a motorcycle for a year on just a permit but you have to wear a helmet and no passengers. The license test here is brutal (or so I have heard) and we have to get our license after a year because the permit will expire and you can't renew it.

Either way good luck and have fun!

I used to have one of these it was very comfortable and light. I sold it because it wasnt being used enough

Quote Originally Posted by Fredau View Post
    I used to have one of these it was very comfortable and light. I sold it because it wasnt being used enough
    That's a shame Couldn't you at least keep in the garage as a collection piece for the future?

I think I would have kept it too even if it wasn't being used enough. It was a beautiful looking bike, I would have kept it for the times I did occasionally ride it.

I just wanted to say, I went for my first real ride today. I felt ready and comfortable enough to go out on the roads without my husband driving behind me. It was so much fun! I wish I would have brought a motorcycle sooner :P Now I'm going to have to get my husband one so we can ride together!

I still have a few things I need to work on, mostly my shifting, to make it smoother. But I think I'm doing fantastic considering I've never drove a motorcycle or anything like it before in my life. I'm just happy it hasn't exploded from all my mistakes on shifting. :P

Deleted
    Oh, a motorcycle thread. Totally missed it. :<
    Personally, I started riding about 3 years ago or so...that was directly after I got my license.
    Never thought about it before - oh, and my parents were strictly against it because "too dangerous yada yada yada).

I love how practical bikes are for the everyday commute.
    I ride to the Uni with it everyday and never have to worry about finding a parking lot, which would be a huge issue with a car...also, where I live, you can park your motorcycle wherever you want and do not have to pay any parking taxes, not even in short-stay parking zones.
    The only downside might be the dependency on the weather conditions.
    I'm not even talking about rain, since I don't care about getting wet too much - unfortunately, here in Austria, we oftentimes have snow for 5 months per year :<

Anyways: I'm riding an Aprilia RSV4 for about 2 years now, after I started on a Suzuki GSX-R 600.
    I really love my Aprilia. The V4 sound is awesome, it has plenty of power and looks stunning - the only downside might be the lack of ABS, which is only available since the beginning of 2013 and not retrofittable for 11/12 models.
    I'm riding 95% of the time in city traffic, so it would be a huge safety plus...but well, whatever.

Finally, I just want to leave a picture of me and my bike here!

I've been riding this on and off for the last 6 years or so:

I've been wanting more power for quite a while, but it's a fun ride anyway. A sixth gear would be very helpful, at highway speeds it gets a little high revving for my tastes. It was a really great bike to learn on, though. No modifications, but pipes would be the best possible mod I think. The stock Yamaha pipes are really weak.

Edit: Picture is a web pic, the pipes in the pic appear modded. This one isn't mine specifically.

Another edit! Shifting was tough at first, probably for many riders, especially if you go from a learner 125 to a 650+. I killed the bike at a couple stoplights, which is embarrassing as hell. Also, "fuel cock." It's a thing, and forgetting it is also quite embarrassing. Even after a couple thousand miles I forgot about it after coming back from vacation. Doesn't happen anymore of course.

You get the feel for shifting just like any car. Eventually it's seamless. It'd kind of like going from a really easy car to an old jeep, the threshold is stupid different, but you adjust.
    Last edited by Zyzzyx; 2013-04-28 at 10:00 AM.

I've never been a fan of race bikes. I just don't feel safe in them. Cruisers, on the other hand, I just adore them. No need to speed down the highway with these bad boys. My dad use to own one when I was a boy. Best feeling when he use to take me for rides. I plan on getting first a nice cheap import like a Yamaha. Around New York they go cheap. But ultimately I would love to get my dream cruiser.

Harley V-Rod. It's just so damn sexy.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Its all about the Cafe Racers!

Deleted

My baby.
    Honda Magna VF750C -98
    I'm not sure if I should remove the windshield; it's pretty small as you can see and it kinda fits in, doesn't really feel out of place.

I have been interested in purchasing a motorcycle for some time. Could never really decide though, I have always liked the Honda Valkyrie Rune...but most of my friends ride sport bikes...and say I would be better off with a Suzuki Hayabusa. Which I have never cared for too much.

Last edited by Not pOO flinger; 2013-05-20 at 04:05 AM.
    Click the picture

15+ Year Old Account
    Sick bike, love the white.

slightly OT, but like my sled (no snowmobile threads, this one is close enough): The White Knight

"There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.