Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow you went through a lot of regarding this and you put some time in.

I like it, I would love blizzard to take your concept and design it.

I think starting from 55 will make them to easy to get to max and should be lower. Demon hunters started at lvl 1 in warcraft 3

The only issue is wow would become world of demon hunter and we will no longer have healers.

Not usually a fan of a lot of the classes people suggest but this I could get behind.

I don't know about starting from level 55, however. I do agree that it shouldn't be playable from level 1 but something about it being the same starting level as a DK seems weird to me for some reason.

Overall I think this sounds like a cool idea! /support

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop necro'ing these threads, and stop trying to make the Demon Hunter happen. It's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Solving some problems with Demon Hunters

3. Metamorphosis and Immolation are Warlock abilities.
    A. True, but the Demon Hunter version of Metamorphosis and Immolation are very different than the Warlock versions.

5. Demon Hunters are just like Warlocks.
    A. Demon Hunters are to Warlocks as Paladins are to Priests. They use the same magic type, but fulfill very different purposes.
    Man, I wish this OP was still around to help make these points to some of the naysayers in the regular DH debate threads. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    Man, I wish this OP was still around to help make these points to some of the naysayers in the regular DH debate threads. <3
    to bad we lost him when he got taken over by his tinker madness/obsession

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    to bad we lost him when he got taken over by his tinker madness/obsession
    No - Teriz has always been of the "DHs won't happen" camp.

The trouble is the same as always - ensuring they are different enough from Warlocks to be worth developing WITHOUT losing their distinct style and flavor.

Working up the class itself isn't an issue. Giving it a design niche of its own is.

EJL

I was not just talking bout DH, but all (his) class ideas in general.
    he supported his and other ideas with great arguments but then suddenly
    BAAAM
    tinker>all
    without any arguments. and sometimes when you have something against his points (even from his own class ideas (again, not just dh)),
    he ignores it.

I miss the old teriz, who supported like almost every class idea

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I was not just talking bout DH, but all (his) class ideas in general.
    he supported his and other ideas with great arguments but then suddenly
    BAAAM
    tinker>all
    without any arguments. and sometimes when you have something against his points (even from his own class ideas (again, not just dh)),
    he ignores it.

I miss the old teriz, who supported like almost every class idea
    Theorhetically - you could make a class out of almost anything in game. Realistically, it needs to fit within the existing design structure and that means it can't overlap existing designs or make them redundant or obsolete. Blizzard has even expressed concern at name overlaps when it commented on ideas such as the Archmage and Archdruid.

Teriz came up with a lot of ideas, but as he has said, many of them (if not all) they were designed without paying much attention to what already existed, designed as if the existing classes didn't exist. Even when he wrote this article, he idd it in response to a previous one he had done...why DHs woul;d never happen.

So a few weeks ago, I created a thread called 5 reasons why you’ll never see a Demon Hunter Class in WoW. It was a pretty popular thread, with well over a thousand replies, and lots of passionate debate going back and forth. After that discussion, I still didn’t believe that Demon Hunters would be a class in WoW, and frankly I still don’t

For a DH class to be added, it would need to be subject to the same limitations and design considerations as any other class. Is there design space for it? Can it be unique? Does it overlap any existing class? Can it be given a design theme unique to it? Can the flavor of the existing archetype be kept if it is made as a separate class?

The DH concept fails at each of these questions. Keeping the existing design and lore we have for it means there is a huge overlap with existing classes. Rewrite the design so the overlap doesn't exist, and you end up with something that isn't a Demon Hunter.

Any class idea has merit and any class idea can be added. It's when you try to mesh that theorhetical possibility with the reality that so many class ideas fail.

And the reason Teriz pushes the Tinker idea so much is simple...given the realities of game design, given the overlap of existing class ideas..a Tech based class is one of only a very, very few design concepts the game does not explore. A class based on Sound or Music is the perhaps the other possibility (as in a Bard) but it offers much less to the game. All other ideas can usually be attributed to an existing class to some degree.

EJL

Epic necro, but I find it weird why people say that DHs will never happen.

I think most here heavily underestimate how badly many, many people want to rock those badass glaives, blindfolds and the shirtless look. People who would gladly buy, hm, let's say....the next expansion?

It will be either Death Knights allover again or a fourth Warlock spec. Either way Blizzard is going to milk that concept, it would really surprise me if they wouldn't. Pure $$.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, another demon hunter thread. I look forward to the same rehashed ideas and themes brayed since BC launched, the same arguments and circular pleas of "but it'd be so cool!"

This thread has been posted a thousand times and more. The OP brings nothing new, nothing that has not been said countless times before. It is an abject waste
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Oh look, another demon hunter thread. I look forward to the same rehashed ideas and themes brayed since BC launched, the same arguments and circular pleas of "but it'd be so cool!"

This thread has been posted a thousand times and more. The OP brings nothing new, nothing that has not been said countless times before. It is an abject waste
    If you looked at the date this was posted you would see it's almost two years old, so it's not really just "another demon hunter" thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's happening! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    Stop necro'ing these threads, and stop trying to make the Demon Hunter happen. It's not going to happen.
    this made me smile a little bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    this made me smile a little bit.
    lolololol demonhunter confirmizzled.

Good Job Teriz! Looks like Blizzard took a lot of influence from this after all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

It's payback time all you sceptics lol.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It isn't quite what Teriz hoped for, but maybe he'll like it anyway.

Deleted
    The class trainer gonna be named Teriz? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The class trainer gonna be named Teriz? :P
    No. but my Demon Hunter's going to be named Teriz!

Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post
    Not another Demon Hunter post.

Really cool ideas, but they'll never happen.
    Hahaha in your face. YOU were WRONG.