Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Nintendo wii u announcements 23/1/13

pretty decent nintendo direct (which it badly needed)

highlights..

• two system updates in spring and summer.
    • Virtual console in spring
    • reduced price for improved wii u version if already purchased titles for wii
    • new yoshi game
    • confirmed new 3d mario and mario kart. playable at e3
    • 2 wii u zelda games
    • Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem crossover title
    • new xenoblade game

one zelda is brand new with co-op or multiplayer hinted at... the other is a remake of wind waker (1.40 for WW sneak peak).

Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-01-23 at 05:32 PM.

Deleted
    Some talk about changing around what Zelda is (or imo what it has become), a welcome change of direction I hope Nintendo can pull off. More freedom for the player and hopefully "multiplayer" akin to Dark Souls would be great. Hope they get an interesting mood and visual representation to go with it.

Edit: Alot of "hope" in there.

Not sure how I feel about the Wind Waker remake... I really liked the cel shading style and I am sad to see it go. The game still looks nice in HD, but I am just not sure. The new Xenoblade game looks great though. That's something I'd play, but I don't think it's going to convince me to buy a Wii U.

Shit Wind Waker looks beautiful.

Is the Wii U virtual console going to include all the previous releases? I have been trying to find a Wii just to buy some nes/snes/sega/n64 games on. Been looking for a Wii for a decent price (price shot up after Wii U came out) but not having any luck. Might just grab a Wii U if it has the same VC releases

Deleted
    i also thought the new footage for the wonderful 101 looked brilliant too

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    After the sheer genius of ocarina of time and majora's mask... wind waker was horrible.. easily the worst zelda in the line for me... hated the graphical change... Yes in HD I admit it looks great... but to me it's just not Zelda.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    After the sheer genius of ocarina of time and majora's mask... wind waker was horrible.. easily the worst zelda in the line for me... hated the graphical change... Yes in HD I admit it looks great... but to me it's just not Zelda.
    its probably my favourite.

How is it not? Zelda was never realistic, if anything WW is closer to ALttP than OOT was graphics wise. Well.. in terms of color, and such, hell Link turns into a pink bunny in ALttP, SUPER SERIOUS MATURE ZELDA.

Deleted
    I'm not really fond of the Wind Waker and Skyward Sword aesthetics, I liked Twilight Princess dark and grim look more. But we'll see how this Wind Waker U plays out :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I was really really hoping for Majora's Mask. But, I was excited to see new windwaker as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the new Wind Waker remake going to be an actual retail game or some damn download?

And holy shit that is one cross-over I wasn't prepared for, maybe that means a chance at a release of Project X Zone outside of Japan.

Also does anyone know if Nintendo has said anything yet about being able to play DS/3DS games with the Wii U? I had a semi-reliable source of mine saying that Nintendo had confirmed they were doing it, but I don't know if he was just bull shitting me. Also said they had some plans to do a cross-buy plan between the Wii U and 3DS like Sony is doing with the Vita or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Is the new Wind Waker remake going to be an actual retail game or some damn download?

And holy shit that is one cross-over I wasn't prepared for, maybe that means a chance at a release of Project X Zone outside of Japan.

Also does anyone know if Nintendo has said anything yet about being able to play DS/3DS games with the Wii U? I had a semi-reliable source of mine saying that Nintendo had confirmed they were doing it, but I don't know if he was just bull shitting me. Also said they had some plans to do a cross-buy plan between the Wii U and 3DS like Sony is doing with the Vita or something.
    Oh man that would totally work with the top screen as the TV and the bottom touch screen on the pad thing.

For me it's maybe the best Zelda but also the graphical style reflects it's place in the Zelda timeline. When looking at the timeline up to OOT and after that at the failure timeline they all share a similar style of graphics and theme. The adult timeline with WW and the DS titles have a much brighter graphical style and a lot more humor and the world doesn't feel that dangerous to you. In the child timeline it's the opposite with a very dark and dangerous world.

Wind Waker in another style like the one from TP just wouldn't work with the characters and everything. With the official timeline available it's very interesting to see what style they will use for the new game and in which timeline it will play.

As for the other WiiU announcements I think it sounds good. Wonderful 101 looks interesting and I'm looking forward to Bayonetta 2. With these announcements and more to come from third party publishers I think in summer to fall it'll be time to buy a WiiU. At the moment there is only one game (ZombiU) in which I'm interested but with 4-5 interesting games this year it's looking good for Nintendo.

Deleted
    Im actually kinda sad they dont wanna do Majoras Mask because you know ...

http://i.imgur.com/jQXXHvd.jpg
    Holy huge pic, link please for big images
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-01-23 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post

They never said they didn't want to do Majora's Mask, in fact it's pretty much the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post

The image doesn't really show anything. They never said they didn't want to do MM. They're interested in it as a 3DS title alongside ALTTP and, given the hype for it, MM will probably be remade after the next 3DS Zelda.

HD WW looks nice. Skelington has been meaning to replay it for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    The image doesn't really show anything. They never said they didn't want to do MM. They're interested in it as a 3DS title alongside ALTTP and, given the hype for it, MM will probably be remade after the next 3DS Zelda.

My friend just started playing it and we realized it should be called LoZ: Metal Gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what would be cool for the HD Wind Waker remake, but I doubt they will actually do: Unless my memory is mistaken there was one extra dungeon planned for the game that was never finished due to wanting to get the game released, I believe it was suppose to be around the point in the game where you need to find the big whale/fish thing (forget the name, probably suppose to be a descendent of Jabu Jabu or something). I also vaguely remember there being some kind of Master Quest planned for the game, I may be thinking of a video some fan made. Would be real niffty to see some extended content to the original game so that its worth more then just the updated graphics(which personally don't wow me).

Personally I would love to see HD updates to the first two NES games. First one either free-roaming 3D style or similar to 3D Dot Game Heroes on the PS3, then for 2nd have it like a 2.5 scroller with 3D graphics based on the original games art work.

Also I really hope they keep the Tingle Tuner in the game that you can use with the Wii U pad instead of needing to use a GCN controller + GBA like the original.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-01-23 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post

One thing it shows is that the GC Windwaker can already be upscaled to HD and the Images he showed on the video are just Upscaled + better lighted versions.
    Another thing it shows that PNG + jpg image compression does stuff to to edges :P