Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maybe Garrosh truly has some mental disorder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapple View Post
    Maybe Garrosh truly has some mental disorder
    Metzenphrenia.

As defined in the DSM: "To be so badly written, that it drives the character into insanity."

It's symptoms are similar to schizophrenia but even crazier.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    One word. Sha
    It. Is. No. The. FORNICATING. SHA!!! Get that through your heads people! Garrosh is a very messed up individual with a lot of issues. Mostly father issues, he saw his father first as the greatest warrior of the orc clans. Then when he drank the blood he was even greater in his eyes for like so many others the orcs thought that this was how they would survive. Then it turns out he was wrong, he saw his father now as the one who helped doom the orcs. Then he finds out he saved them, back to hero worshiping him. Now how he has to figure out how to not only live up to the name Hellscream but also how to get out from under his father's massive shadow.

Garrosh focuses on the wrong aspects of his father, he focuses only on a limited view of the warrior. To him might makes right, it is by being strong physically can he be strong. He is also becoming very racist, he sees only one kind of strength and that is physical strength. That is why he favors the tauren and the orcs, not so much the tauren though as he doubts their loyalty to him. He has convinced himself the only way to lead, the only way to honor the Hellscream way, to surpass his father is to become a warrior unlike any other. As Warchief he feels that if he can wipe out the Alliance, conquer all the lands of Azeroth he will finally be greater than his father.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Metzenphrenia.

As defined in the DSM: "To be so badly written, that it drives the character into insanity."

Garrosh isn't the only one suffering from that xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    One word. Sha
    One word. Wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLos View Post
    Basically Garrosh is what happens when you massive amounts of authority to a child who is desperately trying to prove his worth to himself as much as anyone else. And then not having any checks on him.
    Kinda reminds me of North Korea.

As far as im concerned, real warcraft storytelling ended at the conclusion of warcraft 3. The events in wow just arent intriguing or even resemble the great storytelling blizzard used to be famous for, its simply fluff to sell books and to give raiders the silly sense that they are limitless heroes. Garrosh is a terribly cliche villain and im sure almost no one will care that hes gone.

Deleted
    Blizzard needed to write him as "bad ruler" and knowing how ignorant playerbase is, they went over the top so even ...simpliest ones understand that "omg he bad "

And alliance did not love Thrall enough (why??? -metzen) so his replacement needed to look 9000x worse than him so everyone could see how awesome green jesus was...!

15+ Year Old Account
    Metzenphrenia.

So true, I'm inserting it in my sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hes the end boss or so I've heard. Supposedly the Sha is taking control of him. Sha's feed on emotion and Garrosh is a rage monster so makes sense to me.

He was even worse in wrath....Remember how he wanted to kill children? I do.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 06:15 AM ----------

Metzenphrenia.

Just went back to read some of the other posts in thread realized I encountered the "Thou smarter then every writer ever" people......Going to leave now =/
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Everyone is overlooking one thing..... he's an Orc. Orcs are aggressive by nature. Thrall held great power but lacked the will to use it for any greater means. Garrosh has great power and uses it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone hasnt been playing or paying attention to him since Wrath...

Quote Originally Posted by theKarn View Post
    Everyone is overlooking one thing..... he's an Orc. Orcs are aggressive by nature. Thrall held great power but lacked the will to use it for any greater means. Garrosh has great power and uses it.
    Not that he lacked the will. He had the wisdom to know that the only way you can integrate into the planet is through diplomacy. Garrosh things he can just conquer it all. Thrall also proves that being a belligerent nut isn't criteria for being an Orc. Even when he was furiously mad about a situation he controlled himself...

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Not that he lacked the will. He had the wisdom to know that the only way you can integrate into the planet is through diplomacy. Garrosh things he can just conquer it all. Thrall also proves that being a belligerent nut isn't criteria for being an Orc. Even when he was furiously mad about a situation he controlled himself...
    being aggressive and being blinded by rage are two different things, you see. Neither have a rage issue. Garrosh is a Orc. Thrall is a human wannabe.

After all the things the Alliance and Horde have done to each other over the years any type of lasting peace would be nothing more than a sham and both sides know it. Thrall's vision of a united front is nothing more than a pipe dream.

but yeah it all comes down to Garrash being an Orc and not some pathetic wannabe human.

Deleted
    Cause he always been like this, he was already like this when we seen him in Trial of the Crusader for exemple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theKarn View Post
    being aggressive and being blinded by rage are two different things, you see. Neither have a rage issue. Garrosh is a Orc. Thrall is a human wannabe.

After all the things the Alliance and Horde have done to each other over the years any type of lasting peace would be nothing more than a sham and both sides know it. Thrall's vision of a united front is nothing more than a pipe dream.

but yeah it all comes down to Garrash being an Orc and not some pathetic wannabe human.
    Funny because Durotan was an Orc too. He rushed to stop a Draenei baby from being murdered. He and his entire clan were exiled by the Horde and lived peacefully in Alterac Mountains where they reconnected with the spirits. He came back to rid the Orcs of corruption, only to be assassinated.

He has shown precedent for his current state throughout the plot. But the pressures of leadership, his numerous issues and shoulder chips, and his utter rage at Varian and numerous encounters with him, are pushing and pushing him. internal issues and shoulder chips are especially dangerous. Almost all the wife abusers out there exist because of their own inadequacies, chips on their shoulder and inhibitions. Percieved slights against their ego are eventually taken out on someone.

Not that i mean to imply its THOSE things faults, as leader he should be able to bear it without cracking at the seems. but Garrosh cant handle the reins of leadership without the numerous issues occurring making him pissed off to no measure (and as a leadership ALL issues of your faction are flung at your feet)

over time these people start becoming more and more irrational and take more extreme measures to prove themselves and enforce their rule and power.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-02-22 at 06:49 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Because Blizz's been pretty schizophrenic in handling his characterization.
    This sums it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Because the player-base hated regular Garrosh and kept whining about him until Blizzard just gave up and decided to kill him off, and so started pushing his character towards a place where it would be logical for both the Horde and Alliance to want him dead.
    Glad I'm not the only person who sees this.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

My best guess is Sha corruption leading up to his total insanity that lays the path for the Siege of Orgrimmar raid in 5.4 maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    He was even worse in wrath....Remember how he wanted to kill children? I do.[COLOR="red"]
    No, I don't remember that. I remember him having a discussion about Saurfang's memories, trying to justify those past actions of the orcs, but you need to actually read it in context. Inquiring about it and actually wanting to kill children are a bit different.