Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Make this game more immersive Blizzard!!

So i saw a forum post by a veteran poster about changes that should be made to make the game more realistic. This got me thinking about how cool it would be to have a server where your toon needed to sleep and you couldn't play your toon during this time...or perhaps he could get sick. What do you think? I've played the game for a looooong time and i know for a FACT that people that have been playing as long as me (since the beginning of cata) that people will generally agree with me. Since most of you will be saying how good this idea is, just keep it to a minimum so we dont fill up the forum with pages of "you are awesome and smart".

I heard this really cool game that is basically what you are looking for. It's called "Real Life" and it should be out by now. I think we should keep the immersive you are seeking and keep it in "Real Life"
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Try The Sims.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    That's taking role play to a whole new level.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I heard this really cool game that is basically what you are looking for. It's called "Real Life" and it should be out by now. I think we should keep the immersive you are seeking and keep it in "Real Life"
    Thanks for the feedback Pebrocks The Warlock. I'll have to check it out, although i havent heard of it :/ Is it like WoW? Oh, and i also thought it would be cool if your armor could rust and you could get married and have babies. Thanks again for the idea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxtab View Post
    So i saw a forum post by a veteran poster about changes that should be made to make the game more realistic. This got me thinking about how cool it would be to have a server where your toon needed to sleep and you couldn't play your toon during this time...or perhaps he could get sick. What do you think? I've played the game for a looooong time and i know for a FACT that people that have been playing as long as me (since the beginning of cata) that people will generally agree with me. Since most of you will be saying how good this idea is, just keep it to a minimum so we dont fill up the forum with pages of "you are awesome and smart".
    I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with you. This game really needs a fresh immersible experience, and I think this would do wonders to getting people more involved in the game AND it would also limit the amount of mindless alt creation that goes on in the game.

I had the idea of adding a cast timer to repairing your gear so it feels more immersive, good ideas man.

Yeah that sounds like great fun. You sit 30min in dungeon queue, and when you finally get a spot your character is like "meh, bedtime, see you tomorrow".

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I actually want to strike you across the face with a semi-frozen fish.

EDIT: If troll, 8/10, you got me angry enough for me to post above statement.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

The beginning of cata is a loooong time.

I feel like this is just bait for something that I can't quite put my finger on.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I'm not logged in is when I'm sleeping. I guess my toon goes to sleep at the same time because when I log back in he's always well rested.

Quote Originally Posted by Samitsu View Post
    Yeah that sounds like great fun. You sit 30min in dungeon queue, and when you finally get a spot your character is like "meh, bedtime, see you tomorrow".
    Hey Samitsu, I hear what you are saying....but, if you would have prepared your toon with a good nights sleep and eating right he would then have the energy to wait for 30 min. and be ready at a moments notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Samitsu, I hear what you are saying....but, if you would have prepared your toon with a good nights sleep and eating right he would then have the energy to wait for 30 min. and be ready at a moments notice.
    We should take it a step further and add random defects and diseases.

Like maybe your Rogue is now a diabetic and must take an insulin shot every two hours or he dies.
    Putin khuliyo

Maybe it could work on RP servers, but I'd hate to have it forced on my characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    I think I actually want to strike you across the face with a semi-frozen fish.

EDIT: If troll, 8/10, you got me angry enough for me to post above statement.

see!! that's what im talking about!! people on these forums are always willing to lend a creative hand. Slapping me with a semi-frozen fish COULD be a possible scenario in the game! why not put some schtick in the game? why are we held back so much? we have limitless possibilities IRL, why not in WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    We should take it a step further and add random defects and diseases.

Like maybe your Rogue is now a diabetic and must take an insulin shot every two hours or he dies.
    What a horrible misconception about diabetes.

I'm surprised this thread is still open.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is pure win. 10/10. I love the ideas, especially if it is a seperate server. Make the server most closely resembling real life as you can get.

What do you all think about being able to roll on a server like this? I got a ton of people liking my cast timer to repairs thread, so why not take it a step further?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    What a horrible misconception about diabetes.
    Because I was being totally serious.
    Putin khuliyo

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How about lets not do that, and you can sleep irl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What do you all think about being able to roll on a server like this? I got a ton of people liking my cast timer to repairs thread, so why not take it a step further?
    I think it would be a waste of resources and time.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing