Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Haha Indeed, I'm sure we would all have a breakdown if the NPC's started taking holidays ..what would we do if we couldn't repair our gear! All hell would break loose .. and well, we might force them all to have a cast bar!
    that reminds me of a DLC bit where the NPCs all went on strike and no one could repair their gear xD

Gotta wonder what we would find if we drained the lava out of that volcano (not much seeing as its lava...but yeah.. haha)
    the charred bones of millions of level 50-70s whom fell in and never got out :x

i find immersion is what immersion does. We have to submerge ourselves into a movie, book, game or DnD/misc session to gain immersion.

Some have the capacity, some dont. Some value that and gain something from it, others dont.

Once joined another servers raid. Didnt know they were going to (may have been spontaneous)but they all started RPing in MoV when one guy was responding to Cho's speech. It was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    that reminds me of a DLC bit where the NPCs all went on strike and no one could repair their gear xD

the charred bones of millions of level 50-70s whom fell in and never got out :x
    Haha, so true...so true.. hell I didn't think i'd ever get back to the top of Teldrassil when I fell down the waterfall as a noobie night elf nearly 7 years ago.. (I mean NO ONE told me there was a portal I could use .... till around 8 hours after >< )

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Haha, so true...so true.. hell I didn't think i'd ever get back to the top of Teldrassil when I fell down the waterfall as a noobie night elf nearly 7 years ago.. (I mean NO ONE told me there was a portal I could use .... till around 8 hours after >< )
    lmao I stayed in Kalimdor when I started leveling, then when I made my druid I decided to go to Stormwind... through Wetlands, at level 10. Was a horrible experience D:

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    lmao I stayed in Kalimdor when I started leveling, then when I made my druid I decided to go to Stormwind... through Wetlands, at level 10. Was a horrible experience D:
    Oh god I hear you, I still have nightmares about the Wetlands run, gradually making progress through the zone death by death inch by inch.. thank god they finally trained some sailors that could pilot a ship from Teldrassil to Stormwind not to mention getting in builders (that hopefully were paid for their work!) that were able to build the Harbour and didn't go batcrap insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Where does all the Jaylock hostility come from? Please give me an example as to why you and several other people treat me with hostility. Every time I post a brilliant idea or post, it gets shot down in a moments notice.

Please dont come here just to flame me and derail this great posters thread. I like some of the ideas that have been put forth for the repair thing. I never said i didnt like them. Are you putting words in my mouth? Because thats exactly what you are doing when I have never said anything about not liking the ideas.

As for the pokemon and panda thing, take it for what you will, but many MANY people agree with me that this game sunk to a whole new low when panda land was mentioned as an expansion.
    Dude are you serious?? I mean, I haven't read any other of your ideas, but I read the one you posted about a cast time when repairing... that is not a brilliant idea... in fact it does not have any sense... I mean, WE all understand your point about immersive repairs, but it is not the way you posted, and some people tried to point that out and you say they are hostile??

By the way, the pokemon and panda thing... those "childish" ideas kept WoW above 9M when everyone said it would die... don't get me wrong, I don't like pandaren nor their continent... but one must accept when an idea worked, marketing-wise, even when one doesn't like that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    I think I actually want to strike you across the face with a semi-frozen fish.

EDIT: If troll, 8/10, you got me angry enough for me to post above statement.
    obvious troll was obvious didn't even get mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of having a cast bar for repairs, why not a mini-game? The higher you score, the more effectively you repair your gear and the closer to the stats "repair cap" you get. The more times you repair or attempt to repair your gear, the less effective it becomes and the more the "repair cap" is reduced below the ilvl from those items until eventually the item becomes useless.

If your toon consistently eats/drinks too much within a day without balancing it out with enough combat, your toon should get the "obesity" debuff. The "obesity" debuff makes your abilities cost more resources, reduces your avoidance/mitigation, your movement speed is reduced and you take more damage. The longer your toon has "obesity", the higher the chance it will permanently die from "cardiac arrest" unless someone can use goblin jumper cables on you within 6 minutes (normal failure rate applies). "Cardiac arrest" can occur while you are not logged in.

If you don't log onto your toon at least once a day for a minimum amount of time, it will get the "lethargy" debuff. The "lethargy" debuff functions the same as the "obesity" debuff, except you have a random chance to fail at logging into your toon and a random chance automatically abandon quests.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-02-22 at 09:11 AM.

having random players piss themselves or fall over from lack of sleep? no ty

Quote Originally Posted by Baxtab View Post
    or perhaps he could get sick.
    they had that, the WotLK launch event, people complained like mad.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    they had that, the WotLK launch event, people complained like mad.
    they should make all the launch events on continuously starting next patch. We can have zombies running around, kazzak and elementals raiding cities and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    having random players piss themselves or fall over from lack of sleep? no ty
    but that's all part of the fun to make a more realistic experience!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to agree that some changes that would make things look more alive is very cool. Like when you walked allot that you'll show signs of exhaustion and fatigue and dropped down or something like that. Or frost damage freezing part of your body and not only you to the ground or a whole ice block ( purely cosmetic ofc) Or deceases and curses actually showing on the infected person, like seeing things that aren't there or with sickness showing signs like puking etc.
    Also making the whole world more interactive making it come to life.
    Last edited by Zaphiron; 2013-02-22 at 11:42 AM.

Deleted
    Bumblefrog is afflicted with AIDS
    AIDS crits Bumblefrog for 4,000,000 (3,500,000 overkill)
    Bumblefrog dies
    vMagik uses Defibrilator on Bumblefrog!
    AIDS crits Bumblefrog for 4,000,000 (3,999,999 overkill)
    Bumblefrog dies

vMagik mourns the loss of Bumblefrog (All stats reduced by 90% due to uncontrollable weeping)
    vMagik is afflicted by Downward Spiral of Depression
    Sleeping Pills and Gordok Brew crit vMagik for 4,000,000 (3,500,000 overkill)
    vMagik dies.

--Thanks for playing WoW, you died without anyone around you who cared. Please start a new character--

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a ton of trouble believing that this thread was actually made with a constructive purpose in mind. Therefore, I'll be closing it.