Thread: Incanter's Ward

10+ Year Old Account

Incanter's Ward

"Incanter's Ward can now be dispelled. We agree with the concerns that the 30% damage buff is a significant contributor to mage PvP burst and often one not recognized by the recipient of said burst"

Anyone else think this is a wee bit unfair? I dont think level 90 talents should be dispellable, our level 90 talents are bad enough as it is without having it wiped out completely by some classes.

We've had this discussion in a different thread and it's a resounding: Yes, it's very unfair and BREAKS the design of IW completely. We all also agreed that GC has been smoking some REALLY good stuff this expansion, even moreso in this PTR.

A better thing to do would be to nerf the active and buff the passive. Too bad they're stupid and figure dispelling it is easier.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cry more, Many classes with Magically abilities as their 90 talent are dispellable.

It was needed.

end of story.

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2013-02-25 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Cry more, Many classes with Magically abilities as their 90 talent are dispellable.

It was needed.

end of story.
    Except other classes L90 abilities don't COMPLETELY define their damage like Mages' L90 talents. (Try doing competitive DPS in PvE w/o any L90 talents. I dare you. Try the same thing in PvP as well.)

They could have easily nerfed the active and buffed the passive to compensate. There is NO excuse to make this dispellable.

Also, please list out what you're referring to. The only one I know off the bat that is dispellable is Paladin's Execution Sentence.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    While this is a legitimate issue, it is not that big by itself to warrant yet another thread based on 5.2.

Please post your concerns in the official 5.2 thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eb-19-notes%29