Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I think she meant to do Expertise Crit and Hit Crit for those Red/Blue sockets (respectively).

The problem with doing this is you'll be way over hit cap. I'm not sure what to do with my blue sockets... Unless the bonus is actually something I want, I might just do pure Crit from now on because it's already hard enough to reforge OUT of Hit and still be just at the hit cap rather than ridiculously over it.
    Might wanna read my post again

But yes you are going over hit at first, but that frees your mastery --> hit and haste --> hit reforges. So basicly if you gem 160 exp/160 crit, you might gain 160 haste as a result for example, and you need to compare that 160 haste to 80 int.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Might wanna read my post again

But yes you are going over hit at first, but that frees your mastery --> hit and haste --> hit reforges. So basicly if you gem 160 exp/160 crit, you might gain 160 haste as a result for example, and you need to compare that 160 haste to 80 int.
    2x Haste is above 1x Int though IIRC.

2x Crit is obviously above 1x Int. 2x Mastery is unlikely to be above 1x Int. Haste kinda depends where you are.

The only problem with the whole reforge though is that I'm already reforging out of Hit. Hell, at Arcane, I reforged out of hit in LITERALLY every piece that had hit, was using Mast Hit for my blue sockets, and I was at 15.01%. If I was using Exp Mast for my red sockets, I would have been way too over hit cap, and it'll become worse in T15 unless we only use non-hit items for the most part.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

2x Crit is obviously above 1x Int. 2x Mastery is unlikely to be above 1x Int. Haste kinda depends where you are.

The only problem with the whole reforge though is that I'm already reforging out of Hit. Hell, at Arcane, I reforged out of hit in LITERALLY every piece that had hit, was using Mast Hit for my blue sockets, and I was at 15.01%. If I was using Exp Mast for my red sockets, I would have been way too over hit cap, and it'll become worse in T15 unless we only use non-hit items for the most part.
    And reforging out of hit is bad? Last time I checked hit was 1 of our worst dps stats(i know it really aint a dps stat, but it equals to your worst dps stats..)

And reforging out of hit is bad? Last time I checked hit was 1 of our worst dps stats(i know it really aint a dps stat, but it equals to your worst dps stats..)
    No... But having so much hit and expertise that you cant reforge out of enough of it and are left sitting over the hit cap is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisha View Post
    No... But having so much hit and expertise that you cant reforge out of enough of it and are left sitting over the hit cap is bad.
    ^

Green, you seem to forget that stats on gear goes up as we get higher iLevels. If I'm pretty much capped right now after reforging completely out of it, imagine what'll happen to me in T15/T16 when I have too much.

Blue sockets will turn into pure Crit/Mast/Haste (based on speccs) or for Frost, Int + Stamina.

I don't think we're supposed to be gemming into Stamina, but it's better than worthless stats, y'know?
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

^

Green, you seem to forget that stats on gear goes up as we get higher iLevels. If I'm pretty much capped right now after reforging completely out of it, imagine what'll happen to me in T15/T16 when I have too much.

Blue sockets will turn into pure Crit/Mast/Haste (based on speccs) or for Frost, Int + Stamina.

I don't think we're supposed to be gemming into Stamina, but it's better than worthless stats, y'know?
    Yes ofc stats go up, but I did start to get curious and checked your gear, and you are reforging to 439 haste to hit.. so nope you wont start gemming full crit on blues any time soon, unless the gem bonus is something silly like 60 more hit

Yes ofc stats go up, but I did start to get curious and checked your gear, and you are reforging to 439 haste to hit.. so nope you wont start gemming full crit on blues any time soon, unless the gem bonus is something silly like 60 more hit

You didn't quite read my post correctly. (also that should say "as", not at) Looking at my current gear won't help

Since I went Fire, I had a few other pieces leftover that were better for Fire over Arc, so I'm using those, which has less Hit on them. At the time I was referring to, I also had Belt of Malleable Amber which has a ton of hit. Also was using Sky Sear Cowl (Hit Crit) and a few other Hit pieces.

You didn't quite read my post correctly.
    Me blind, and am sorry for that .. But really with my arcane set.. am currently gemming/enchanting for 480 hit, 320 expertise and reforging for 806 hit... So am not even near to a point where I would gem yellow on blue. Given my gear is only 505 ilevel cause huahua 10 man drop rates..

Me blind, and am sorry for that .. But really with my arcane set.. am currently gemming/enchanting for 480 hit, 320 expertise and reforging for 806 hit... So am not even near to a point where I would gem yellow on blue. Given my gear is only 505 ilevel cause huahua 10 man drop rates..
    S'all good

Don't get me started on drop rates. The ONE time we bring in a pug, he gets to ninja my H LotC -_-; We also haven't had a single Off-Hand drop from BL (I coined mine, luckily). Also no LotC's dropped besides that one (Coined mine), and no Essence of Terror. We've had SHIT for drops.