Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Difuzionz already replied too that, don't think it's needed to find the thread as he claims his maths had flaws. I tend to use aMoC before BM, that keeps me from focus capping, and allows for a CS every 2 KC and not getting capped. Yet with your SrS not having initial dmg and Cobra doing some dmg it sounds beneficial casting cobra near the 1 s cast time.

for the curious http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post19741978 post #9
    Last edited by mmoc32e073bbcc; 2013-02-22 at 06:28 PM.

I had made a much more refined post about it on the worldofwarcraft forums.
    I'd link it but I can't link.
    The one linked above is pretty vague.
    Even in my more refined one, I did find some flaws, but this really is simple theorycrafting.
    Overall even the vague post is accurate in general, although the numbers may be off by a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's always more beneficial to reapply the sting if you're survival (due to ISS damage). BM, I'm not sure, but if someone did the math as Kirdiz claims, a link to it to confirm would be good. I usually make sure to always cast enough cobra's to not let it fall off, even during BW (the 6 second extension means I have to cobra during BW regardless).
    The problem is ISS does less damage than Cobra and costs you 15 focus. ISS certainly mitigates the effect of letting SrS fall off, but I'm not so sure if it's actually good to do so. What is definitely a mistake is trying to refresh SrS and having Cobra hit slightly too late, better to recognize when this is likely to happen and cut your losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunba View Post
    The problem is ISS does less damage than Cobra and costs you 15 focus. ISS certainly mitigates the effect of letting SrS fall off, but I'm not so sure if it's actually good to do so. What is definitely a mistake is trying to refresh SrS and having Cobra hit slightly too late, better to recognize when this is likely to happen and cut your losses.
    Well, the question was in a scenario where you would overcap when casting the cobra shot, not "always". ISS hits for 2/3 of a cobra shot, but is on a 1 sec GBC instead of the 1.7 casttime. Thus ISS makes recasting a serpent sting better DPS than a cobra shot, in an ability vs ability breakdown. The issue then becomes if it's worth losing 15 focus instead of gaining zero focus for the amount of time cobra shot takes - which with a 1.7 sec cast time, would be atleast 8 focus from the passive regen we have, along with whatever else cobra shot would waste.

So I still hold that reapplying serpent sting is better than capping with cobra shot for SV :<.