Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    What I was attempting to get at with the lore vs character development was the fact that just because he says they were the only two does not mean that they were the only two. Considering the 'guy' you talk to 'escaped' where-as you did not, since you are dead and a death knight now. So how many other worgen made that transition due to other circumstances.
    Sure you can speculate in what if's but point still stand there is only one worgen death knight in the whole world of azeroth in lore.

Wasn't Pandaria isolated for thousands of years before the Lich King went ape shit and gathered those for his army(and after the time period in Northrend.)

Cataclysm takes place in the timeline before Wrath of the Lich King(if i remember correctly) meaning worgen and goblin could be risen as a Death Knight by Arthas.

The argument about there being so little of them, you must keep in mind that there are little humans anyway! They are recovering from a pretty good attempt on genocide.(reason why there are so many Human Death Knights?)

But Arthas was able to call upon any corpse he could reach. And i think only two Pandaren had left the isle before the Lich King stuff happened; Chen, and that one dude on the turtle?

There isn't as much life on Azeroth as it appears in the game. At least in the books. only a few thousand Night Elves in the War of the Ancients trilogy from what i got from it..
    Last edited by Mancowski; 2013-05-11 at 08:23 AM.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mancowski View Post
    Wasn't Pandaria isolated for thousands of years before the Lich King went ape shit and gathered those for his army(and after the time period in Northrend.)

Cataclysm takes place in the timeline before Wrath of the Lich King(if i remember correctly) meaning worgen and goblin could be risen as a Death Knight by Arthas.

The argument about there being so little of them, you must keep in mind that there are little humans anyway! They are recovering from a pretty good attempt on genocide.

But Arthas was able to call upon any corpse he could reach. And i think only two Pandaren had left the isle before the Lich King stuff happened; Chen, and that one dude on the turtle?

There isn't as much life on Azeroth as it appears in the game. At least in the books. only a few thousand Night Elves in the War of the Ancients trilogy from what i got from it..
    Thing is, there were many more Pandaren wandering around than just Chen. Hell Arthas himself fought a full unit of them in Northrend. Bam. There are your source corpses.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

The argument about there being so little of them, you must keep in mind that there are little humans anyway! They are recovering from a pretty good attempt on genocide.(reason why there are so many Human Death Knights?)

pandaria yes, the turtle where all playable pandaren come from? no, chen stormstout and other adventurers were out and about in the world, pandaren pre mists were also still welcomed in both the alliance and horde, horde due to chen stormstout helping fight for the horde and helping build orgrimmar, and the alliance due to the close bond between the pandaren and dwarves, brewmasters would always be welcomed by dwarves and chen stormstout is one of the people who helped create brewfest.

a pandaren adventurer helping the argent dawn and getting raised makes alot more sense then feral worgen being allowed in the argent dawn, getting captured and turned into death knights
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    Thing is, there were many more Pandaren wandering around than just Chen. Hell Arthas himself fought a full unit of them in Northrend. Bam. There are your source corpses.
    Hmm, what book was this in? I haven't read any of the Lich King stuff yet, just the War of the Ancients and Sundering, so far.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 01:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pandaria yes, the turtle where all playable pandaren come from? no, chen stormstout and other adventurers were out and about in the world, pandaren pre mists were also still welcomed in both the alliance and horde, horde due to chen stormstout helping fight for the horde and helping build orgrimmar, and the alliance due to the close bond between the pandaren and dwarves, brewmasters would always be welcomed by dwarves and chen stormstout is one of the people who helped create brewfest.

a pandaren adventurer helping the argent dawn and getting raised makes alot more sense then feral worgen being allowed in the argent dawn, getting captured and turned into death knights
    Yes, i had stumbled upon the quest in the barrens on a few characters some years ago. And understand the Brewfest deal.

Though something nags me about worgen not being able to be affected by the scourge plague, because of the curse they already have? Or am i fabricating this? lol. My Kindle is back home. and im out of town for a few weeks and having just started reading the fiction last month, i'm slow to the knowledge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    There were only a small handful of Pandaren out in the world at the time of Arthas (Chen was one.) There certainly weren't enough to have serving the Argent Dawn to fall in battle. It's also been explained in a lore Q&A a while back that the Ebon Blade can't create more numbers after they detached themselves from the Scourge and Arthas's influence, nor would they want to. The second the Ebon Blade starts resurrecting dead bodies to bolster their ranks is the same time they become Arthas and Sylvanas, two entities that they hate.
    Screw Arthas man... I mean We still have Lich King no? There always must be a Lich King to control Scourge - these sort of words told Terenas when his soul appeared. So whats stopping him to rise dead Pandaren Corpses? Or there are panty of Necromantic Magic that allows to resurrect people into DK-s. How did first Death Knight Appeared then? There was no Lich King in that time. It was just Gul'dans dark magic that created new class : Death Knight and after it was Ner'zul.

So I guess It is possible to resurrect Pandarens into Death Knights.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Pandaren cannot be death knights because unlike horde and alliance, scourge have minimal standards and doesnt let some random scrubs join. Image of company would suffer on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Pandaren cannot be death knights because unlike horde and alliance, scourge have minimal standards and doesnt let some random scrubs join. Image of company would suffer on that.
    than why did they take gnomes?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    GIEF Pandas!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    than why did they take gnomes?
    Psychological warfare.

DK is the 'evil' class, and Pandaren, representing neutrality, only can be 'neutral' class that is neither the symbol of good nor evil, hence why no pandalock, pandadin or pandaruid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because pandarens was not present when the scourge gathered their death knights

Scourge has standards. They have gnomes, so the standards are extremely low, but they have them.

Hmm, what book was this in? I haven't read any of the Lich King stuff yet, just the War of the Ancients and Sundering, so far.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 01:39 AM ----------

Yes, i had stumbled upon the quest in the barrens on a few characters some years ago. And understand the Brewfest deal.

Though something nags me about worgen not being able to be affected by the scourge plague, because of the curse they already have? Or am i fabricating this? lol. My Kindle is back home. and im out of town for a few weeks and having just started reading the fiction last month, i'm slow to the knowledge
    the worgen arent immune to undeath they are just more resistant to it, your average necromancer couldnt do it but someone like the lich king could
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If there were away in the future for them to become DKs, then probably so.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pandaren death knights make more sense then worgen death knights.

lorewise there is only one worgen death knight in the entire world and somehow he or she was allowed into the alliance... why? i dontknow probably the same reason wow allowed them to become dk varian probalby saw them and was like "oh meh glob you so cool sure you can join"

there WERE pandaren adventurers like chen stormstout, yes they had lessened in recent years but they still existed, why would it be so hard to say ""we adventured from the turtle and look where it got us undead and cant even taste beer anymore"
    I covered this in a post back on page 3.

Worgen DK's are way more likely to exist then pandaran DKs, simply by virtue of the fact that the Lich King had Arugal working directly for him in grizzly hills for however long he was alive again, before we killed him (again). There would have been a vastly larger supply of potential Worgen for him to convert then pandaran.

I mean, Pandaran adventurers out and about in Azeroth in general were rare-er then hens teeth. The very idea that there would have been even remotely close to enough of them anywhere near northrend or during the third war to allow for the inclusion of their race in the DK ranks pre-cataclysm is rediculous, to say the least. There might, lore wise, be enough pandaran to meet those criterie for maybe one or two NPCs of the race to be DKs raised under Arthas, but that I about as close as you could get, and that would REALLY be stretching it. Allowing them to be players means the lore has to account for there being dozens or more of them all running around at the same time (since it is not feasable for you to be the ONLY "insert race X" DK out there based solely on you being a player). Lore wise, it simply would not work.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 12:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    DK is the 'evil' class, and Pandaren, representing neutrality, only can be 'neutral' class that is neither the symbol of good nor evil, hence why no pandalock, pandadin or pandaruid.
    Pretty sure your background, either racially or professionally has absolutely nothing to do with you being raised a DK. Remember, ALL DK's were SOMETHING before being raised as one. It is entirely possible that the person who is now a DK was a Druid or Shaman before his death.

You have been raised from the dead and empowered by Arthas, the only thing remaining of your old life is some of your memories, your core personality, and that is about it.

In all honesty, I am more surprised that they allowed Draenei to be DKs, considering they are A: not native to azeroth, and B: only one step removed from basicly being demons. An undead Demon sounds rather bizzare doesnt it?

Then again, DKs are not really true "undead" as i undersand it, but something halfway there (sort of like a mix between Necromancy and Really powerfull mind controll).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    The lore appropiate reason is the timeline thing. The actual reason? Blizz didn't want Pandas to be DK's.
    #1) Lore can be changed, regardless of what foaming-at-the-mouth fanboys think. It's all FAKE!

#2) Who's to say they couldn't of added a "become a DK" ritual to the lore? Maybe some Pandaren aren't all "I love and respect everything" like their Monks/Elders. Then again this would open the door to Warlocks, Druids, Paladins, etc which would be AWESOME- but Blizzard isn't that good-enough awesome.

Just because blizzard COULD invent lore to explain away pandaren DKs or other class/race combos like draenei warlock doesn't mean they SHOULD. Oh no, one new race can't be a DK! Big deal. It's not just that there weren't enough pandaren running around to be turned into DKs. It's that the pandaren were extremely rare outside of Pandaria/turtle that most people in lore didn't know they were there, and many people thought they weren't even canon. For them to make Pandaren DKs, not only would they have to do something to make this new neutral race start off with a faction, but they run in to the problem of 'oh, yeah these pandaren dks were here since wrath and yet nobody knew what a pandaren was or that they were real.' It'd be an even worse lore violation than 'lol yeah these worgen and goblin dks were here all along!' Not to mention it doesn't fit the zen feel of their race, it'd be like having pandaren warlocks but worse. I'm not sure that there's even a single evil pandaren npc in lore.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    It wasn't in one of the books. It happened in Warcraft 3.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    There would have been a vastly larger supply of potential Worgen for him to convert then pandaran.
    Then why is the player the only worgen DK out there? We've been over this. You only need two Pandaren to have a DK one. One to become a DK, and the other for the first one to kill.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I covered this in a post back on page 3.

Worgen DK's are way more likely to exist then pandaran DKs, simply by virtue of the fact that the Lich King had Arugal working directly for him in grizzly hills for however long he was alive again, before we killed him (again). There would have been a vastly larger supply of potential Worgen for him to convert then pandaran.

I mean, Pandaran adventurers out and about in Azeroth in general were rare-er then hens teeth. The very idea that there would have been even remotely close to enough of them anywhere near northrend or during the third war to allow for the inclusion of their race in the DK ranks pre-cataclysm is rediculous, to say the least. There might, lore wise, be enough pandaran to meet those criterie for maybe one or two NPCs of the race to be DKs raised under Arthas, but that I about as close as you could get, and that would REALLY be stretching it. Allowing them to be players means the lore has to account for there being dozens or more of them all running around at the same time (since it is not feasable for you to be the ONLY "insert race X" DK out there based solely on you being a player). Lore wise, it simply would not work.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 12:49 PM ----------

Pretty sure your background, either racially or professionally has absolutely nothing to do with you being raised a DK. Remember, ALL DK's were SOMETHING before being raised as one. It is entirely possible that the person who is now a DK was a Druid or Shaman before his death.

You have been raised from the dead and empowered by Arthas, the only thing remaining of your old life is some of your memories, your core personality, and that is about it.

In all honesty, I am more surprised that they allowed Draenei to be DKs, considering they are A: not native to azeroth, and B: only one step removed from basicly being demons. An undead Demon sounds rather bizzare doesnt it?

Then again, DKs are not really true "undead" as i undersand it, but something halfway there (sort of like a mix between Necromancy and Really powerfull mind controll).
    I didn't say lorewise, they couldn't be one, I meant it is just the way Blizz wants to portray Pandaren as the true neutral race, and by making Pandaren to be part of a class that could be either deemed good or evil would diminish the concept of Pandaren; Neutral, Balance, Harmony.