Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapetrain View Post
    Affliction was nerfed at the start of Ulduar and destro was buffed. A few days after ulduar came out they also nerfed conflagarate because it was doing absurd damage . That first week was really fun playing a warlock though.

Affliction should be fine, this GoSac nerf also nerfs our scaling slightly. Top end raiding as a Warlock next tier prob won't be pick one spec and play it for every fight. In a patchwerk style fight it appears Demo > Affi > Destro atm, but not by much. You can expect fight mechanics will dictate which spec is best, and that seems pretty balanced to me.

If you want to just play affliction for every fight, you can prob get away with it. It just won't be the most "optimal"
    well, for me, using the simmed numners im getting(based on live), then affi will drop to where demo is now(with GoSac), and demo will increase to about 4k ABOVE what affliction is now which is a rather nice buff and thats in gear optimized for affliction, so if i optimize my gear for demo, the difference should become even greater but ofc, using your current numbers doesnt really give you a precise idea of how its going to be. however it does seem that in terms of single target dps, using GoSup will only result in a very slight nerf compared to now, but with that said, its difficult to have a clear picture when everything changes so much.

Deleted
    soo with the new simcraft numbers for T15HC gear (http://i.imgur.com/r8WeeFG.png) I wanted to see if anyone knew why the legendary meta gem addition (left column) would slightly decrease the dps of affli :s I imagine 30% haste would be quite good for affli... is it because of the low RPPM?

These are the RPPM values btw:
    Sinister Primal Diamond – 1.18 base RealPPM on damage/absorb of harmful or periodic spell. No ICD.
    - That base proc rate is multiplied by an additional coefficient:
    Arcane: 0.282
    Fire: 1.155
    Frost: 0.589
    Demonology: 0.519
    Affliction: 0.610
    Destruction: 9.631
    Elemental: 3.489
    Moonkin: 6.192
    Shadow: 0.495
    Anyone Else: 1.000

Quote Originally Posted by Neothos View Post
    soo with the new simcraft numbers for T15HC gear (http://i.imgur.com/r8WeeFG.png) I wanted to see if anyone knew why the legendary meta gem addition (left column) would slightly decrease the dps of affli :s I imagine 30% haste would be quite good for affli... is it because of the low RPPM?

Sinister Primal Diamond – 1.18 base RealPPM on damage/absorb of harmful or periodic spell. No ICD.
    Having a hard time taking that image seriously, I'm skeptical that even such an inflated, most likely typo'd rppm could boost destro that high over demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Neothos View Post

this was updated:

Sinister
    0.761 Arcane
    0.302 Fire Mage
    1.387 Frost Mage
    0.625 Affliction
    0.598 Demonology
    0.509 Destruction
    1.891 Elemental
    1.872 Moonkin
    0.933 Shadow

Obv this changes the sim a ton... expect destro to drop 20k dps.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    If I were Blizzard I'd be a little cautious about nerfing affliction even more. Affliction was even more dominant through Naxxramas but after that tier moved back to the pack.
    exactly? "dominant" so NERF it all the way! looks like DEMONS getting crap loads of buffs! Loving it!!