I know this may get asked a lot...

But how is affliction for leveling? My lock is currently 87 and the process is kinda mind numbing. Though, I could just be because I'm used to the fast paced life style of the rogue and killing stuff in no time.

The rotation I'm using for off is haunt, unstable affliction, agony, corruption, malefic grasp, and then drain soul at less than 20% in that order. Is this right? Should I be doing anything different? Is there another spec that is better? I will b we pvping on this toon. Thanks for all your help guys!
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

I personally used destro for lvling and use it currently for dailies. Get lots of embers so long as u remember to get the killing blow with SB. I find it goes faster than affi.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't apply your dots one at a time. Soulburn Soulswap them onto your target.
    I found Aff leveling went pretty fast. I just SB-SS my dots onto a target, my void walker taunted them off me, and I moved onto the next target and rinsed repeated that while my dots killed the first target. Even without Supremacy, the VoidWalker makes for a great tank.
    If you get low on shards, then drain Soul a mob right before they die to get more.

Compared to Destro and Demo, Aff is bad for leveling and even dungeon running. Aff doesn't start to shine until you get to 3+ min long fights really cause of its ramp up time, even though it's not as bad as it used to be. AoE is just generally more useful in dungeons as most bosses die very quickly and Aff is harder to AoE with than the other two.

Not to say you can't pull decent mid-pack-ish numbers with Aff, it's just easier with Demo and Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Compared to Destro and Demo, Aff is bad for leveling and even dungeon running. Aff doesn't start to shine until you get to 3+ min long fights really cause of its ramp up time, even though it's not as bad as it used to be. AoE is just generally more useful in dungeons as most bosses die very quickly and Aff is harder to AoE with than the other two.

Not to say you can't pull decent mid-pack-ish numbers with Aff, it's just easier with Demo and Destro.
    I couldn't disagree more. Your Voidwalker is a pretty beefy tank. Dot up as many mobs as you can grab, and still keep your void alive. Hot knife through butter. I love trying to see how much trouble I can get into and still survive.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much do what Baristan says, throw DoTs on a mob, send pet out, DoT up another mob. I personally liked demo with supremecy, round up a bunch of guys, hand of guldan, hellfire + harvest life in DA or meta and have your pet do bladestorm.
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

aff is the worst spec for lvl'ing and dailies. Demo is the best and destro is good too. Aff is not good for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    cause of its ramp up time
    You do know SE has been removed, right?

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 12:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    aff is the worst spec for lvl'ing and dailies. Demo is the best and destro is good too. Aff is not good for it.
    What?? Aff is amazing at questing and dailies.
    Last edited by mmocf69c22c503; 2013-02-25 at 11:48 PM.

Affliction is the best for leveling, you can handle 15+ mobs at the same time without die using soul link. Send pet to first mob, no need to use UA, just elements, agony and corruption, sendo to second one, etc... if your pet takes to much damage use soulburn + health funnel then use harvest life to kill all and heal you and your pet.
    Easy cake, you can kill anything with this strategy. Rares, elites, who cares? You can kill all very easy.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!