Thread: the map..

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

the map..

decided to make a new toon out of boredom yesterday and because i havent levelled a toon from scratch for years.. made a hunter tbw, seems quite fun
    anyway, was checking the map as you do like and forgot that the whole thing everywhere is blank as undiscovered..

so i thought, why cant you buy maps for each region? or would it be cool for maps to drop randomly you can sell? or maybe inscription could make maps?
    cos surely as your aware were not alone so places must surely have been discovered and mapped? what ya reckon?
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

They would have to "break" map addons that reveal the map for you. It's an interesting idea, but probably entirely too late to implement.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    aye i spose, makes no difference to me cos i know where everything is, i was just remembering when i first played my ally mage and got that quest to loch modan when i was in elwynn forest at the time cos i was a tool/noob and thought it was of utmost importance and not knowing anyone i spent fekkin ages trying to find the mark on the map far far away while dying many times lol ;p

was just curious as to why an adventure type game didnt have purchasable maps..

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer they just made the map account-wide, like achievements, rather than the current character-based implementation. About half my characters have Explorer just because I dislike seeing an empty map...

I would rather not have the "open up the map" option. I'd like to leave what little discovery is left in the game.

As a counter question - why do you want the map opened up from scratch? It's not like it's really needed.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I would rather not have the "open up the map" option. I'd like to leave what little discovery is left in the game.

As a counter question - why do you want the map opened up from scratch? It's not like it's really needed.
    bit like doc says, i dont like seeing an empty map as i found out when i made a new toon for the first time in years ;p
    if u got explorer title then yea that be a good idea to have option to open the map on your new toons. was just a thought more than anything.