Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    The only person I see on their high horse is you. You go on and on and on, and don't seem to really weigh up anyone elses opinions on the matter, you have an opinion and no matter what you can't see it from anyone elses point of view.

Maybe you need to climb down from that oh so high height.
    I'd rather be on a high horse than a low horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Fixed that for you. Remember they just lost 500k subs last quarter.

Yeah I think we can agree here. I too have rubbed it of my shoulder when someone needs on greens, and when the vote kick pops up, i never vote to kick, but sometimes it passes, and other times it doesnt. I just move on with the run and not worry about petty things like needing on greens.

I guess im just a different breed of player than most of these people who care about the green needing. *shrug*
    By very definition, you are no better then the people rolling need on w/e pops on their screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Since obviously NOBODY in LFR would need the green as an actual upgrade, why don't you ALL just need on it?
    Hitting need on a green\lockbox is a douchbag test. Most pass, a few fail. It's always great when those that fail, get kicked. Those that get kicked can LOL and pat themselves on the back for being so awesome and clever. Those that voted to kick can pat themselves on the back for doing something to send a message. It's a win-win for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    You're so full of shit even a blind man can see through it. Though I wonder, who are you lying to? To us? Or yourself?
    Jaylock is a firm believer that unless you are wearing BIS then you are a 'baddie', rather than what I believe, which is if you act like an asshat in an MMO then your a baddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    Why don't just everybody need on the green item and stop crying?
    Christ, people are just QQing because they didn't think of it first.
    It's not that at all, it's that *most* people have it ingrained into them for years that you greed on things that you don't really *need* so its autormatic, and those that want to feck people over choose need because they know most people click greed, so they have a higher chance of winning said item.

It's about common courtesy, I don't care about the green item, I care about the attitude of said player has towards the other 24 people that have just as much of a right to win the item. It is rude in my opinion, you wouldn't feck someone over like that in RL, or at least I would hope not.

And it may be a green the now, but it bleeds over into heroic dungeons, needing on stuff to vendor when someone in the group could actually use the items as an upgrade to their toon. it's just not on.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Except you just answered your own question. The person who needed on it didn't own it, and didn't have the right to deny the opportunity for others to win it because they felt like being a selfish douche. And to extend your lottery metaphor, needing the green isn't winning the lottery, it's stealing the lottery proceeds so nobody else can win.

Now, I'm not the type to get up in arms about it in raid chat for someone needing items they don't need, but I also am glad to see them get kicked. It's not about the item, it's about what it says about the community.
    Whether a person click need/greed/pass has no ability to prevent someone else from clicking need/greed/pass. So the person clicking need didn't deprive anyone of anything. Every person was present with an equal choice. From my experience needing on greens in a raid has been acceptable for quite a bit longer than LFR has been around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Yep, I will kick you every time. It's a dickhead move to need on an item to vendor it, same with a lockbox. What the hell makes you so special that you need an item to vendor over everyone else. Granted, the people who do it will never get why it is a dickhead move and will usually rationalize something so it's ok, but I don't really care.
    What's stopping you from rolling need too? Get over it. You're arguing over, what, 30g?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'd rather be on a high horse than a low horse.
    Dunno high horse attitude has always been seen as a negative thing, like standing on a soapbox, spouting out your opinions as though they were facts, those kinds of people I can do without I'd rather not be on any horse lol

It's LFR no one cares. Your grouped with random people of course there is going to be aholes. Once a vote starts most people don't question it and hit yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    You should only "need" you that you need.
    I like how you insult the three people that called out him.
    Should not be the person that lied about needing something is the bad guy?
    Also I doesn't understand how he DPS factor in is he a jerk or not.
    Doing low DPS does not means being a bad person. Lying for the sake of profit, on the other hand is (no matter how small the actual profit is).

Exactly i rather have a group of poor players doing no more than 30k dps than this elite ninja with a bunch of 509 gear thinking he is the hot shit and that he can need on 429 ilvl greens most of the time i have seen the need on greens it has been from "elite" players mostly in wannabe hardcore guilds. And yes i will vote to kick you even if you do 100k dps. If you can push the buttons right to get 100k dps you can push the greed button as well if you are to do an active act on the loot.

And if you ok the needing of a green for 40 gold where do you draw your line for where he ninjas stuff? Theft is theft regardless if you steal a penny or a million. But in todays society we obviously have a system where we look thru the fingers when the big boys steal stuff and go after the poor hardcore if they misbehave since we need to state examples. If in doubt just rewatch Elizabeth Warrens 1st question session of regulators of the finance industry and how she called them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    What's stopping you from rolling need too? Get over it. You're arguing over, what, 30g?
    What is stopping the person who is needing greens from just hitting greed, like everyone else? People hit need when others hit greed so they can get the item. That isn't accepted in the majority of LFR groups I've been a part of. There is nothing to 'get over' as the issue is usually dealt with when that happens.

Deleted
    because they are being greedy, not sure its worth booting for it really but people needing greens is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Dunno high horse attitude has always been seen as a negative thing, like standing on a soapbox, spouting out your opinions as though they were facts, those kinds of people I can do without I'd rather not be on any horse lol
    I see high horse to mean that I have high morales and standards and expect others to behave in kind. If I walk by someone who dropped their check book I let them know they dropped it and they thank me. If I see someone snatch the wallet up and try to sneak off with it is it standing on a soap box and opinions to call them out on it? I don't think so, nor do I feel that its a negative thing to expect the wallet snatcher to behave in the way I would. If they turned to me and told me to "get off my High Horse" I'd rather be on a high horse than their low horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Everyone need the gold/enchanting mats, while everyone usually Greed or Disenchant it, if you Need, you will be called out for a boot.

If boot is unsuccessful, I will Need on every piece of green that drop afterwards for the rest of that run.
    This is my stance as well. I'll be damned if some random person thinks they deserve stuff more than others. If it doesn't bind, just f*cking Greed it.

I haven't seen anyone need on a green in LFR so far, but did come across a rogue that thought he should need on lockboxes because he was a rogue.

Half the fun of LFR is fighting over who needed on the lock boxes!

Deleted
    Boohoo Someone needed on a green item worth max 20g we should kick him from the raid guys, who cares if he wants it for transmogrification, AH or anything he might NEED IT FOR.

It's people who need on EVERY green that's the problem.

To the guy who quoted me, get out of your ass mate.

Like I said before.. as long as you will actually put the item to good use then, yeah. why not?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Blizzard shouldn't have Need be an option on BoE items.
    Fix this and problem solved. Then we can worry about the real problem in LFR. All the damn afk pricks and people not playing their god damn chosen roles (mainly those freaking shadow priests boomkins and ele shamans that queue as healer, seriously cut it out)
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Finding a green in raid is like seeing a penny on the ground...it's really not worth the effort to get upset over if you didn't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    Lol at everyone that thinks anyone cares about the actual value of the green items.
    It's like stealing a package of chewing gum IRL. Nobody is going to die because of the missing 2$ or so - yet you still get punished for it. Completely justifiably.

Feel free to continue need-rolling on them. But don't cry if you get booted.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I see high horse to mean that I have high morales and standards and expect others to behave in kind. If I walk by someone who dropped their check book I let them know they dropped it and they thank me. If I see someone snatch the wallet up and try to sneak off with it is it standing on a soap box and opinions to call them out on it? I don't think so, nor do I feel that its a negative thing to expect the wallet snatcher to behave in the way I would. If they turned to me and told me to "get off my High Horse" I'd rather be on a high horse than their low horse.
    Fair enough May just be an regional thing meaning different things^^ I agree with your views on this subject though