Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Needing on Greens = Boot from LFR?

I searched and couldnt find a recent similar topic to post in, so here it goes:

I couldnt believe what I saw transpire in LFR the other night...

So the run is going smooth, it is the first half of HoF, and the trash packs after the first boss dropped a few greens. Before I finish my story let me say this: when a green drops, why on earth do people care if someone needs on it or not?

Yes thats right, as you probably have guessed, a guy needed on a single green mail item. It was like a belt or something. Instantly, like 3 people called him out, and demanded that he be booted from the raid. WTF? Are you such an asshole that you completely lose it when someone needs on a frickin green item?

A GREEN ITEM. Its not like it was a blue or even an epic. It was GREEN. Why anyone would get upset and demand to boot the guy because of that is just beyond me. It also just goes to show you how entitled and selfish several people are when it comes to this game.

It wasnt justified that he was booted, as he was doing rather quite well on the dps meters (i believe he was in the top 3 on the first boss).

TL;DR - Get off your high horse and quit with the petty booting ppl that need on greens in LFR.

People are bored, they start drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

I believe the rationale is that if you need on a green item that you clearly don't need, you will have no compunction against doing the same for an epic drop off the trash and take it from someone who really may desperately need it.

Just my internal speculation though. Usually when the votekick comes up I vote "No."

It's a bit anal but it's the mentality that the guy needed on it just to vendor for gold i.e. being a greedy git. People don't like it. Hell, I don't like it either, but I've never demanded they be kicked from the raid. No need to; someone else will do it for me.

While I dont condone NEEDING on a green... it is pretty dumb to kick someone over it.

o/ been kicked for needing on a lockbox with about 7 others. (no idea if others got kicked, doubt anyone use /loot in lfr anyway ).
    And no, doing 30% of the healing didnt keep me in the group.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Deleted
    I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't votekick someone based on it unless they were mindlessly needing on every single thing that dropped over a period of time and being told not to need it unless they are going to wear it. Kicking someone over one item, no matter what colour it is, seems like a bit of an overkill and ultimately detrimental to the raid if it's someone who's performing fine, I mean, it might even be a misclick.

It was a Dick move on his part for needing on it. While wouldn't necessarily kick him I can't blame others for wanting to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    A GREEN ITEM. Its not like it was a blue or even an epic. It was GREEN. Why anyone would get upset and demand to boot the guy because of that is just beyond me. It also just goes to show you how entitled and selfish several people are when it comes to this game.

It wasnt justified that he was booted, as he was doing rather quite well on the dps meters (i believe he was in the top 3 on the first boss).
    Sounds like someone got sour grapes that he got a vendor/disenchant trash green item to provide a little extra gold.

Personally I would not be bothered, no idea why so much drama should exist over a little item. But then the guy didn't "need" it as an upgrade so it was uncalled for on his part.

Blizzard shouldn't have Need be an option on BoE items.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

You should only "need" you that you need.
    I like how you insult the three people that called out him.
    Should not be the person that lied about needing something is the bad guy?
    Also I doesn't understand how he DPS factor in is he a jerk or not.
    Doing low DPS does not means being a bad person. Lying for the sake of profit, on the other hand is (no matter how small the actual profit is).

Quote Originally Posted by TacTican View Post
    I believe the rationale is that if you need on a green item that you clearly don't need, you will have no compunction against doing the same for an epic drop off the trash and take it from someone who really may desperately need it.

Just my internal speculation though. Usually when the votekick comes up I vote "No."
    Can't happen in LFR. Can't even happen at boss loot in LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Imo they should but the need option should be removed when the item is a lower ilvl than your equipped gear and winning the roll makes it bop.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Half the fun of Jaylock threads is trying to guess which side he is going to take based off of the thread title and nothing more.

Given his past stances on various topics he has started, I was fully expecting him to take the position that if someone needs on a green in a raid, LFR or otherwise, it is only for your vendor spec, which makes you a complete douche, and that behavior shouldn't be rewarded == kick.

But nope, he took a position so far from that my mind is now blown!

We have a saying over here:
    steal a penny, steal a house

It's useless, but still: he's stealing from other people, it just promotes greedy and bad behaviour, and nobody needs that
    check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

My problem is with people who act like: "And why the fuck shouldn't I". It's like cutting ahead in a line, you just don't do it. It's not the item it's the principle

Are you on Bloodlust?

No one in a max level instance is going to wear a green item. They want it to vendor or disenchant, and everyone should have an equal shot at getting items that only have material economic value. If someone is willing to deny everyone else that opportunity then that makes them unwelcome in a group for many people including myself. It's worth a kick more as a deterrence to the gaming community as a whole than as for that individual single item. The alternative is a game where lots of people pull this stunt with impunity all the time.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't votekick someone based on it unless they were mindlessly needing on every single thing that dropped over a period of time and being told not to need it unless they are going to wear it. Kicking someone over one item, no matter what colour it is, seems like a bit of an overkill and ultimately detrimental to the raid if it's someone who's performing fine, I mean, it might even be a misclick.
    I think this is the more reasonable approach most everyone would take.

Or at least is the one I would.

First off I'll assume that he did not just ninja one item but made other mistakes as well. I doubt that people would kick him for mis-clicking just once.

If it is "just a green" anyway I don't get the point of ninjaing it. Also it's not just about how much it is worth, it is about people being selfish and greedy. If you think it is ok for an item that is worth a few golds, where do you draw the line? Is ninjaing Alars Ashes ok because you can buy it from the BMAH anyway?

Terrible behavior has to be punished from the very beginning. There's way too much tolerance already thanks to added anonymity from LFD/LFR and the way it changed the community is just terrible: They don't feel any consequence so they just behave like selfish, greedy and antisocial creatures.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This 10char

Please don't post "this" posts
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-22 at 05:40 PM.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.