Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    This isn't about morals, it's about what's practical. You're kicking them because you're just a bitter crybaby. =)
    So if it's not a moral problem, what's the issue?

They got their green, they're happy. I kicked them, I'm happy.

So everyone got what they wanted, right?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammer of the Horde View Post
    I don't care if they need on that crap. I need on it too. People call me out, i tell them to get over themselves and ask them if their lives are really that sad.

Usually they get trolled into silence by this point, by the rest of the group. Just gotta react fast!
    Isn't it way more sad to need on stuff you don't actually need out of greed and egoism because you lack any kind of decency and knowledge about normal human interaction? Oh wait, yes it is. You guys are internet tough guys, nothing else. You're a pretty sad bunch hiding behind anonimity and people not being able to actually lay hand on you. And the truly funny thing is how you try to belittle people for YOUR bad behavior because they don't want to accept it.

Deleted
    ITT: Ninjalooter complains about being kicked for ninjalooting while pretending someone else took the item.

Deleted
    This isn't about morals, it's about what's practical. You're kicking them because you're just a bitter crybaby. =)
    And you're clearly missing the point. Luckily there's still some sort of common moral stand point in the community. One of them is NOT needing on shit, you don't need. Sure, it might just be 30g or even less. But it still has a value and if you do this often enough, you will have enough mats to make gold off enchanting.

Some people might miss click from time to time but those people mostly say "sorry miss click". Then there's people like a douche I met in LFR the other day. He just kept needing on every single green and lockbox he could. People told him to stop that shit, but some took his side and said what you're saying. The retard was kicked and the moral of the story is "follow the common moral code when grouping with others, you aren't entitled to anything else than others and no, you don't need greens more than others"

Deleted
    Telling people that they're being crybabies, and that saying comparing something this trivial to rl instances shows a lack of perspective != crying.
    Actually, after reading through the last few pages of the thread...yes, you do appear quite whiny - much more than anyone else in here.

Also, like I said: Go ahead and continue rolling need on greens. No one can prevent you from doing it.
    But make clear to yourself that you aren't as important to any group as you seem to think - if you get kicked out (which will eventually happen), deal with it.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-02-23 at 01:55 PM.

Blah blah blah. I'm not the one crying over green items.

Get over it.

Deleted
    Yes. That's why people who steal a wad of gum don't get years in jail, unlike armed robbers holding up a bank.

1 <---- You.
    0 <---- Perspective.

Get some.

Because it's a green and nigh on worthless?

We should tar and feather people who steal pocket lint.
    Not sure where you're from, but in the countries I know, theft is not the same crime as armed robbery, and thus not punished the same. Of course in real life you do have a slight margin for punishment, so stealing something small on a first offence will probably get you less jail time then stealing something big or as a repeat offence, but in WoW we don't have a margin. It's kick or don't kick, and you can't kick a little.

You seem to like to throw around the 'perspective' term, without actually explaining what you mean by it. Stealing is stealing, it doesn't matter what or where from. Needing on stuff you don't need, is greed, not need, no matter what it is or where it drops. Crimes always start small, as does anti-social behaviour in WoW, which you are a beautiful example of. Just because something is worth little (not worthless, or why would the person need?), doesn't mean it's ok to take it. It's the reason this community is so terrible, because people like 'him' need on stuff he doesn't need and people like you think it's fine.

Ah well, it's not like it's any use 'reasoning' with you, you just throw your toys out of the crib and cry some more about perspective.

ps. Perspective is punishing less for stealing a bread when you're starving and more for stealing a bike because you're too lazy to work. I doubt that needy player needed the 30 gold so badly that it puts his behaviour in perspective.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Needing on greens is dumb and wrong, but the degree of dumb and wrong is just too small. I wouldn't need on greens/lockboxes, and I don't condone anyone doing it, but stopping the whole raid while trying to convince enough people to votekick is just a waste of time for everyone for something of such tiny consequence. Taking a principled stand against it is like taking a principled stand against going 10+ over the speed limit or sampling food out of the bulk bins at the supermarket. When the effort of fighting the battle does more inconvenience to yourself than the original crime, it's time to just realize this isn't a perfect world and focus on doing the right thing yourself.

That said, as a matter of game design, you shouldn't be able to need on greens/lockboxes.
    Last edited by Rowlga; 2013-02-23 at 03:35 PM.

if you need on an item that you obviously don't need there's no trust there, people will think you are a bad person and a bad player and demand that you get booted out before you do other dick moves like just sitting there during boss fights or running into the purple circle on galaron

This is a more serious offense than some might realize. Some of us depend on that small amount of gold from lfr greens to get by. I have six young internet RP children to feed, and if some jerk is needing on the greens and taking away my chance to earn a little gold, my e-children go hungry. Do you want internet children to starve? If not, then boot someone whenever they hit need on lfr greens.

10+ Year Old Account

Get over it.
    Boom goes the dynamite! Almost entertaining how quickly those without logic run out of defense for their mindless actions.

Anyway, of course it's a dick move, no matter how you slice it. Now that we have a disenchant option right on the loot screen and the fact that all boss loots are roll-less, they really should remove the "need" function in LFR. You don't need the green, simple as that. You need the cash? So does everyone else. You need the enchanting mats? Get in line, there's a button for that.

Why is this hard to follow? "LOLZ DUNT CRY" is not and never was a valid response to anything, it's simply the popular cue card the internet kids run to when they're out of valid rebuttals.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

No, it's not morally right, but kicking is a little over the top.

You can tell yourself that if it makes you feel better. Like I said early, for many people clicking need on Green\lockboxes is consider a douchbag test. You fail the test,you get kicked. In the groups where we have successfully kicked Needers, there was very little chat, Just "Bob needed that lock box, kick him"...15 secs later, Bob is removed, a few people "lol" and the raid moves on. In cases, where Bob doesn't get kicked, the raid goes on and there is very little chatter afterwards

These days as soon as a green\lockbox drops, I hit my "Let's see who needs on that green\lockbox" macro. It's never a case of "Oh gosh, I wish I thought of rolling need on that..I'm so mad...Grrrrr! I must exact revenge on them" If it makes that person feel better to think that's why they got kicked, then they think that while they wait for their que to pop again.

Obviously, if the group agrees enough for a vote kick to pass, then more than just 1 or 2 people disagree with needing on greens. it has nothing to do with value of said green. Again, it's a douchbag test for many. Fail the test and they'll seek to remove you.

The people that keep saying everyone can need on them are forgetting that not everyone can. If it's plate only plate-wearers can need on it, etc.

Get over it.
    No, you're the one crying buckets over getting kicked from a group that's full of "crybabies", although you can easily get an instant group right off the bat afterwards.

Now THAT is some super serious issue, right?

LFR is partly about putting up with people you otherwise wouldn't form a guild or a raid with, because it's up to the system who you get put together with.
    If you can't handle that, I suggest quitting LFR and finding a guild with like-minded individuals, and resort to raiding only with them so no feelings will get hurt (you won't get kicked, they won't be mad for needing everything).

And by "a guild with like-minded individuals", I mean one where everyone runs around in raids needing on everything they can, yelling "LULZ CRY MOAR, IF I CAN NEED IT I CAN NEED IT FOR VENDORING", or even better, a raid that uses Master Looter or Loot Council to disenchant everything and be like "LOL don't be mad that I'm in a higher tier in the lottery than you, you too could be master looter, why aren't you? It's just a purple anyway, it's all pixels, you whiny little sh*t!"
    I'm sure it would be lovely.

This thread is an excellent source for sorting MMO posters by D&D alignment.

Jaylock? CHAOTIC EVIL.
    Last edited by Jarion; 2013-02-23 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Jaylock's alignment
    Let Reason Prevail

It's a green, get over it.

Yeah it's a bit of a douche move, but kicking is even more douche. Everyone is a douche to a certain degree.
    Last edited by willtron; 2013-02-23 at 04:17 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    It's a green, get over it.

Yeah it's a bit of a douche move, but kicking is even more douche. Everyone is a douche to a certain degree.
    How is kicking even more douche? Don't need on the green and you wont get kicked. If you get kicked you only have yourself to blame.

I pass on all items in lfr since I have a paranoid, most probably wrong theory where I think it might screw with my chances to "win" a roll on boss items :P

but if I vote to kick comes up for someone that has been needing on green stuff, be it one item or constantly I usually just press no, I really don't give a shit for the 20g you get out of it

10+ Year Old Account
    if you're beeing a dick and rolling need on item you clearly dont need , i will be a dick and vote kick you out , take your chances ^^